14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 3, 2015, 9:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,297
Gold Stars: 134
Aslong as he's sorted his problems out and it hasn't left Grimsby in the excrement i couldn't care less. Less wages we're paying for someone who hasn't played since we've 'turned a corner'
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 130
Nelly GTFC
February 3, 2015, 9:13am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
I liked Aswad, thought he was a good player at this level, but at the same time I'm not bothered he's moved on, sounds like he was homesick and wanted a move south.

We've ended up signing an experienced replacement with Championship, League One, and League 2 experience.

I think everyone is happy all round?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 130
louth_in_the_south
February 3, 2015, 9:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
What a c.unt he's made of posters on here who fell for his mental breakdown , depression etc problems. . What a girl private way of engineering a move . He should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself . Only positive is we're better rid of someone who can only create problems within the club . I can't wait for Woking away now . The left back spot on that little side terrace is mine .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 130
February 3, 2015, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Can't understand why we'd let one of our players go to a playoff rival. If he doesn't want to play, fine him and keep hold of his registration.

Sadly, that means paying him too.

If s player is that unhappy, you're better off getting him away from the rest of the squad.
Reply: 23 - 130
gtfc82
February 3, 2015, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Good riddance IMO! Poor defender with a complete lack of positional sense and defensive ability!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 130
gtfc82
February 3, 2015, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
What a c.unt he's made of posters on here who fell for his mental breakdown , depression etc problems. . What a girl private way of engineering a move . He should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself . Only positive is we're better rid of someone who can only create problems within the club . I can't wait for Woking away now . The left back spot on that little side terrace is mine .

Well said!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 130
ginnywings
February 3, 2015, 9:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
No, not true surely. He's coming back next week, next month, next season. Believe me, he was not a model pro and he's best off where he is.

Stress? Couldn't handle playing for a big club more like.

Also to the guy who gave me a - rep and said " i know him personally and none of you know the truth" Well bollox to you because some of us did know what was happening and guess what, he aint your mate. Doubt you'll ever see or hear from him again. Now you will have to latch onto another Town player and pretend he's your friend.

Cracking player on his day though. Good luck Aswad and pay yer rent.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 130
Jarmo.Is.God
February 3, 2015, 9:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
whilst im not saying he was a bad defender, his attitude on the pitch was appalling, and his stupid errors was costly (Alfreton away last season)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 130
highcliff mariner
February 3, 2015, 9:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

This , including the positive .
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 130
Maringer
February 3, 2015, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
I think DHM has pretty much nailed it. Excellent on his day, atrocious (all too often), when it isn't.

Hopefully, Robertson will prove a capable replacement for the rest of the season but it is disappointing Thomas has gone to a promotion rival.

The pessimist in me expects him to score against us in the play-offs!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.