Nelly GTFC
February 3, 2015, 10:42am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Can't help but get the impression the club wasn't that bothered about keeping him anyway, a good excuse to find an improvement in that position at a crucial time in the season.

Town soon moved to get a replacement.  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 130
MarinerWY
February 3, 2015, 10:45am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Too many judgemental fornicators on here. Stop speculating for felicitations sake.

It might be that he's taking the urine. But you know, it also might be that there are serious underlying mental health issues, or personal problems that he needs to deal with. In which case, there are some things more inmportant than football or GTFC: in this case the well-being of someone.

If you all have never had major personal problems or mental wellbeing issues, good for you. Even if you have, and you happen to have the tools (be that support, family, self-preservation techniques etc.) to deal with it, great - but not everyone does.

We don't know what happened. Even if some of the things said on here are true, people are not robots. We react in al sorts of illogical manners and sometimes rational thinking goes completely out the window. It's down to the individual to learn from these sorts of things, and support should definitely be available (it's the ones with noone that I really feel for), but there's no call for people being judgemental about things.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 130
acko338
February 3, 2015, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Question - prior to allowing him to cancel his contract with us, isn't there any way of a legal release clause (like a loan clause) being made that he cannot play against us for a Conference rival like Woking if he signed now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 130
grimsby pete
February 3, 2015, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I think the best thing to have done is loan Thomas to Woking until the end of the season,

Then he could not have played against us,

You watch , he will play a blinder against us now.

If he does suffer from depression,

This move might be the best thing he could have done.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 130
barralad
February 3, 2015, 11:24am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MarinerWY
Too many judgemental fornicators on here. Stop speculating for felicitations sake.

It might be that he's taking the urine. But you know, it also might be that there are serious underlying mental health issues, or personal problems that he needs to deal with. In which case, there are some things more inmportant than football or GTFC: in this case the well-being of someone.

If you all have never had major personal problems or mental wellbeing issues, good for you. Even if you have, and you happen to have the tools (be that support, family, self-preservation techniques etc.) to deal with it, great - but not everyone does.

We don't know what happened. Even if some of the things said on here are true, people are not robots. We react in al sorts of illogical manners and sometimes rational thinking goes completely out the window. It's down to the individual to learn from these sorts of things, and support should definitely be available (it's the ones with noone that I really feel for), but there's no call for people being judgemental about things.

A very sensible contribution.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 130
diehardmariner
February 3, 2015, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from darren9
Can we not all be cnuts to Aswad and about this situation please?

I live with stress /depression its not nice and I too have had the sort of negative comments posted on this thread, about "not being able to handle" things and acused of taking "tactical" sickness when I couldn't go to work because of it.

If he is suffering - (and none of us know for certain if he is or isn't but as decent people we should be able to give him the benifit of the doubt surely?) then its not something that can be fixed overnight, he's probably going to have this issue on and off for the rest of his life (I know I am) and a move could help him. Being closer to a circle of friends/family and comfortable surroundings will help no-end.

The move back to Woking will help him as a person.

As for his position in the team ... well, it was clear that whatever was going on was affecting his form and his confidence. It probably wasn't going to get any better.

This move is the best for both player and club. The player gets a new start somewhere he is happy and can hopefully work to dealing with his issues.
The club has an unhappy and off form player off the books.

We should move on - concentrate on what our club is doing in the run in, not an ex player.

Great post.  Far too sensible for this forum.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 130
louth_in_the_south
February 3, 2015, 11:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 94
If one of those characters off Skint was filmed turning up for work urine.ed , smashing up their flat then gobbing in the face of a copper when they got nicked there's no way any of u do godders would be saying " give the poor bloke a chance , he's got problems he needs support with " . It'd be  "what a waster lock him up the scum !"

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 130
SamTheMariner
February 3, 2015, 11:34am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
He has wanted to move down south for a while. Let's hope Magnay can deal with at Woking.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 130
pizzzza
February 3, 2015, 11:37am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
I'm not sure on the rules on this but surely if a person is signed off work for a month with stress or whatever then surely he is not able to 'work' in that period. If he trains/plays for Woking before this period has elapsed then at the very least Woking should be negligant for 'working' a person who is ill. Or am I completely wrong here?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 130
mariner91
February 3, 2015, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,576
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from SamTheMariner
He has wanted to move down south for a while. Let's hope Magnay can deal with at Woking.

I wouldn't be too worried about Magnay dealing with Thomas, Magnay is a far superior player in my honest opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.