14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
February 4, 2015, 9:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I think that the whole squad now has team spirit, (even the currently not playing Scott Neilsen,) who I still feel will add to the quality at some point in the run in to the season end.

With the current additions up front, if he was on the pitch as an impact player against stonewall defenses, he has the ability to run with the ball and make spaces for others to score, or even his shots from distance past packed defenses may bring results.

Perhaps with much more freedom of movement up front now, (Jolley / Ollie,) his options for final passes will be better, instead of perhaps wanting to beat another man and losing the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 130
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2015, 10:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

The club just wanted rid with minimal fuss and upheaval to the team. The latest incident was not his first. I think he let the whole "best left back outside the football league" thing go to his head. Gangsta footballer  

I said in the original blocked thread it was best he left best for him and best for us, and other incidents have happened I'm surprised he's lasted this long tbh good riddance

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 130
mike_d
February 4, 2015, 10:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
At least Robertson can take a corner, apparently

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 130
Jaws
February 4, 2015, 11:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Although I said something along the lines of move on. I think it's poor that another club announces they've signed him before our club announces that we've released him!
A lot of other unhappy players will take a look at this approach to engineer a free move.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 130
ska face
February 4, 2015, 1:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
What's with all the "gangsta" or "thug" comments?

Probably a certain underlying issue for some posters, but that's none of my business...
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 130
horsforthmariner
February 4, 2015, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
There are certain players who have played for Town who are good at this level but not of the quality to win us the championship. Players like Niven, Manny Panther, Colbeck, Brad Wood and Aswad is just one of those I'm afraid.

I reckon he was on his way out in the Summer anyway and he knew this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 130
fiveallive
February 4, 2015, 3:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I think PH would have wanted to keep Aswad and would have offered him a new contract since he's been here he was the number one LB at the club, and was straight back in the team when not fit. So that shows you valuable PH thought Aswad was, i was i'm quite suprised he never stayed everyone said he wasn't happy here but he signed a new contract. To be fair to Sam Hatton he stayed for his 2nd year when he said he wanted to leave at the end of his first season so Aswad should have done the same.

At the moment that 5th place is up for grabs at the moment and Woking are one of the teams who are in the hunt, i suppose from there point of view Aswad can be a good player for them and can provide width for players like Rendell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 130
Teestogreen
February 4, 2015, 6:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Teestogreen

This is a very interesting statement: - exactly what I witnessed at Harrogate Town in pre-season at very close hand.

I recorded this 'event' on this forum but you can now only access posts back to 23rd August 2014 - 'Harrogate game was before this' - someone marked me down this afternoon (would you normally bother?), which was the reason for searching.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 130
RichMariner
February 4, 2015, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
Aswad Thomas isn't the first footballer to engineer a move away from his current club to one that's closer to home.

But the way it's been conducted - or at least the way it's been reported - has confused fans. When we're not privvy to the facts, we fill in the gaps. We guess, we presume and we speculate.

That's why it's always in the best interests of the club and player to be as clear as possible about what's actually happening. It stops the speculation before it's given chance to start.

I don't think the club or the player have been clear. So from a distance it looks a case of 'player got grumpy and claimed he was stressed so he could move to a rival team'.

That might not be the case at all. But without a bit of clarity from either the club or player, that's the story the fans will settle on.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 118 - 130
Mrs Doyle
February 4, 2015, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Martin Butler and earlier Gorden Hobson come to mind as unprofessional departures who wanted out but shat on the club and their contracts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 130
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.