LongEatonMariner
February 3, 2015, 11:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pizzzza
I'm not sure on the rules on this but surely if a person is signed off work for a month with stress or whatever then surely he is not able to 'work' in that period. If he trains/plays for Woking before this period has elapsed then at the very least Woking should be negligant for 'working' a person who is ill. Or am I completely wrong here?

Doctors fit notes are advisery and if all parties concerned think "working" in some form or another is beneficial to the rehabilitation of the employee then it is fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 130
Gtfc_aldred_1988
February 3, 2015, 12:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +4
Louth_in_the_south 100percent correct mate, "give the guy a break" bull crap if that was me I would be labelled a thug/scum deserves all he gets!!! If I can get the  footage of his actions sent to my phone I'll put it on Facebook for all to see aswell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 130
LH
February 3, 2015, 12:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Whether or not he was stressed etc reading this thread it really is no surprise that male mental health is a taboo subject is it?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 130
Madeleymariner
February 3, 2015, 12:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think the best thing to have done is loan Thomas to Woking until the end of the season,

Then he could not have played against us,

You watch , he will play a blinder against us now.

If he does suffer from depression,

This move might be the best thing he could have done.

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 130
davmariner
February 3, 2015, 12:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
If he wanted to move south for a while, then why did he exercise the option to stay another year?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 130
Jarmo.Is.God
February 3, 2015, 12:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
did you ever see Thomas clapping the fans at the end of games with a smile on his face ? like Magnay, Disley, Pearson ect ect.

no, because he is arrogant and thought he was better than the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 130
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 3, 2015, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't know how it came about, but the word "stress" got used, probably by the club in their statement and if so, you can't blame them for anything as they had to manage a tricky situation without going into too much detail and let it blow over.

Typically, the word stress then got extrapolated by the forum into depression and mental illness. He's better off at somewhere like Woking, where he can carry on his ridiculous notion of being "the best left back outside of the football league". Well Azza, you're not.

You end up in the Conference either because you have not much skill but are a team player with great attitude, or you have talent but can't handle the other parts of the game. Aswad falls into that latter category and playing in front of a thousand fans will suit him. He'll probably be really good against us as he was before we signed him.  

There's no doubt he is a talented player, maybe even better than he showed at BP. But you don't end up at his age playing in the Conference unless something isn't right. He should be playing in the league but clearly league clubs don't rate him and he must now have a reputation in the game. I just feel sorry, sorry that he conned the club and worse, he conned the fans, many of whom supported him even when he started this charade.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 130
Maringer
February 3, 2015, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
I think we've seen why he's not playing League football during his time at the club. Defensively, he's not generally consistent enough and this is an area where you really can't get away with too many poor performances. In particular, he's very prone to giving away daft free-kicks in dangerous defensive positions.

His pace and strength are assets, as is his ability to put some good crosses in when pushing forward. However, his close control is pretty poor and he always looks very uncomfortable when in possession. I said after the Macclesfield game that I'd be happy enough to see him leave at the end of the season so I'm not surprised to see he's leaving the club, but the way it has occurred leaves a lot to be desired.

On his day, a very effective player, but not on his day enough for me.

I have to say, I'm not really bothered what may be going on in his private life. He's not our problem any longer, though he may be later in the season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 130
MuddyWaters
February 3, 2015, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
In several ways I'm pleased he's gone but can't help but think he'll come back to haunt us.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 130
TownSNAFU5
February 3, 2015, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
If he does not want to be here, it is better for both parties that he moves on.  This is what has happened.  We need to move forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.