14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
February 3, 2015, 3:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Look i know the guy personally and if you did you would know that the truth comes out in the end. Pats on the back all round i say

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 130
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 3, 2015, 4:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
The bottom line is he didn't want to play for us anymore for whatever reason. This could be genuine issues where he needed to be nearer home or could be something else. That's down to him we have all had jobs where we weren't settled for whatever reason and if that's the case you change it. Aswad is doing whats best for him and his only affiliation to Town is that we signed him and pay him. he isn't a supporter like us,  its his very short career and I would do what was best for me. We all would. The truth is we have replaced him with a player that appears to want to be here. Aswad won't be a major factor to wether we beat them or lose to them. He was a decent player on his day but not a game changer. I wish him all the best and I hope the move is genuinely something which will be a positive thing in his life.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 130
arryarryarry
February 3, 2015, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
The bottom line is he didn't want to play for us anymore for whatever reason. This could be genuine issues where he needed to be nearer home or could be something else. That's down to him we have all had jobs where we weren't settled for whatever reason and if that's the case you change it. Aswad is doing whats best for him and his only affiliation to Town is that we signed him and pay him. he isn't a supporter like us,  its his very short career and I would do what was best for me. We all would. The truth is we have replaced him with a player that appears to want to be here. Aswad won't be a major factor to wether we beat them or lose to them. He was a decent player on his day but not a game changer. I wish him all the best and I hope the move is genuinely something which will be a positive thing in his life.

All that depends on whether he was suffering from stress as alleged or if it was all a con to manufacture a move away from BP.

If he suddenly appears for Woking this Saturday then that is a remarkable recovery from stress.

I have seen all the comments on here but as yet I don't know what is true and what isn't.

If he just wanted away all he had to do was say, I am sure we wouldn't have wanted to keep an unhappy player and if I remember correctly Paul Hurst's comments on MP a couple of weeks ago didn't appear to be that sympathetic towards AT.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 130
Jaws
February 3, 2015, 4:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Move on, bloke's a clown and messed us about. Debacle's over.

And to those who keep saying they know him; make a point or pipe down. Offer something insightful relating to the statement you made as opposed to generally saying 'oo look at me I know a conference footballer'.

Even drug-dealers and murderers have mate's doesn't make them alright. Same principle applies even though my example was to the extreme.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 130
WokingMariner
February 3, 2015, 4:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Can't see what the fuss is about really. If he wants to earn less and pay twice as much rent and play in front of a thousand people most of whom would rather watch Chelsea if they had the money, then what's the big deal?

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 130
TAGG
February 3, 2015, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Good luck to the bloke.
If he doesn't fit in at Town what's the point of having him hang about excrement happens.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 130
Marinerz93
February 3, 2015, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Shame he has gone he could have 'shine, shine like a star'

To taunt him we could shout at hey Aswad, 'Don`t Turn Around'

[youtube]ywcari33C70[/youtube]

Does this mean Kaz is allowed back  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 130
grimsby pete
February 3, 2015, 6:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93
Shame he has gone he could have 'shine, shine like a star'

Does this mean Kaz is allowed back  

Her 3 year ban should be up now,

OR

Was she banned for longer ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 130
sapper mariner
February 3, 2015, 6:29pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
when did his contract get terminated.

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 130
Jaws
February 3, 2015, 6:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

Her 3 year ban should be up now,

OR

Was she banned for longer ?

Was August time 2012.

I remember a few years ago some mention of supporters who have served bans having to have a season ticket before they're allowed back. The club were making out there was a non-financial based reason for it at the time.

If this is the case I'd assume it'd be season after next - can't see the club bending over backwards to offer a part season ticket.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.