This thread currently has 24,287 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
February 3, 2015, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,044
Gold Stars: 197
Hope Aswad doesn't get too down watching us getting promoted in the Wembley playoff final....

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 130
Abdul19
February 3, 2015, 10:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,551
Gold Stars: 215
After we play at their place I want PH to come out and say something about that being 'the worse Woking left back he's ever seen'

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 130
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2015, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That comment by Woking's Asst Manager on the BBC is a joke. "Suddenly found himself out of favour". My bottom!

Wonder what was causing the stress was he was under. Lots of people suffer from stress. Lots of people leave home for work.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 130
GrimExile
February 4, 2015, 12:08am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I just feel Aswad has acted very badly and dishonourably towards the club. I know there's no loyalty in the game today but to ask for his contract to be cancelled is one thing, but when the club then gave him 5 weeks to sort out his life and he then not only managed to get his contract cancelled, but he then immediately signs for a rival club. I do of course realise I am not privvy to anything that happened behind the scenes, but the whole thing in my opinion stinks and Aswad should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. However, I don't suppose for one minute he is. Consequently I think we are well rid of him. Plus it appears that in Robertson we have an adequate (and some might say better) replacement. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 130
chaos33
February 4, 2015, 6:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
The club gave him the time off to "progress a move away from the club".

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 130
GrimExile
February 4, 2015, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker

"The club gave him the time off to "progress a move away from the club".

I was under the impression from everything I read that the club gave him time off to sort out his problems not sort out a new club. If that was the case surely the club would have cancelled his contract immediately and said goodbye. If the above was true it would mean that the club continued to pay him to sort out a new club and I can't believe they would do that.

Still it's all speculation and he's gone now which bearing in mind the acquisition of Robertson suggests that GTFC gave got the better deal. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 130
Fcukthescunts
February 4, 2015, 8:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
He has gone let's concentrate on the players who want to play for Town. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 130
ginnywings
February 4, 2015, 8:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimExile

"The club gave him the time off to "progress a move away from the club".

I was under the impression from everything I read that the club gave him time off to sort out his problems not sort out a new club. If that was the case surely the club would have cancelled his contract immediately and said goodbye. If the above was true it would mean that the club continued to pay him to sort out a new club and I can't believe they would do that.

Still it's all speculation and he's gone now which bearing in mind the acquisition of Robertson suggests that GTFC gave got the better deal. UTM.

The club just wanted rid with minimal fuss and upheaval to the team. The latest incident was not his first. I think he let the whole "best left back outside the football league" thing go to his head. Gangsta footballer  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 130
ginnywings
February 4, 2015, 8:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That comment by Woking's Asst Manager on the BBC is a joke. "Suddenly found himself out of favour". My bottom!

Wonder what was causing the stress was he was under. Lots of people suffer from stress. Lots of people leave home for work.

Quite but when their fans asked why he signed to the club, they weren't going to tell them he was run out of Town were they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 130
GrimExile
February 4, 2015, 9:14am
Table Wine Drinker
I totally agree with you. I just think he thought he was better than he a really was. Robertson seems to be a team player in a way Thomas was not. I was at Eastleigh and he was obviously happy to be part of the team, but also he could obviously play a bit too. That Paul Hurst is no fool!!!! UTM.
Quoted from ginnywings

The club just wanted rid with minimal fuss and upheaval to the team. The latest incident was not his first. I think he let the whole "best left back outside the football league" thing go to his head. Gangsta footballer  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.