Maringer
January 11, 2015, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from jonnyboy82

why ? because they dont agree with your over thinking all rosey in the garden crap ?

There are 2 camps on here, the one your in and the one others are in and just because you like to think you are more important because you happy clap is rubbish..

You keep happy clapping and let others say what they want to if they are not happy or dont agree with you.

Brucie is clearly a troll. I'm amazed so many others, including yourself, don't see this clear fact. I'd be surprised if he was even a fan of GTFC, just seems to be trolling to create trouble as far as I can see. I don't bother to read any thread which he was started. Very sad and inadequate, but then I've never understood why trolls bother.

As for me, I'm a fan of GTFC so want us to do well. As I have clearly stated in the past in various threads, I think it would be too much of a gamble to change managers at this point in the season and don't believe that things would automagically become better if an unnamed somebody else took over.

Quite how this makes me a 'happy clapper', I don't know, but then I'm not the one going around name calling and trying to promulgate an "Us versus Them" vibe, simply because I have a different viewpoint to somebody else.

I don't think I'm more important than anybody else who actually attends the games, but my views about matches should certainly hold more weight than those who didn't bother to go to the games themselves. I was irritated by your uninformed posts on the 'Just back' thread last night because it would be nice to have some threads discussing football for a change instead the usual endless digs against Hurst and anybody who doesn't want him sacked instantly.

Frankly, I'm becoming very bored with the soap opera developing on these boards. It has become impossible to have a sensible discussion about games, formations or anything about the football without the thread being polluted by the endlessly repeated digs against Hurst. The 'Interview' thread yesterday was a case in point. Absolutely pointless, not funny, not informative, a waste of my time even reading through it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 120
Mrs Doyle
January 11, 2015, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I honestly think with these players at his disposal AB would have got much more out of them but that's all hypothetical I am amazed we still have a chance given we have lost so many games at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 120
ackomariner
January 11, 2015, 6:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from sonik

Oh!

You've been quiet just like your brother,, come out of hiding

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ackomariner

You've been quiet just like your brother,, come out of hiding

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 120
Sussexmariner
January 11, 2015, 6:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Maringer

I think it would be too much of a gamble to change managers at this point in the season

What's the gamble? What is Hurst doing this season that he hasn't done the season before  and the season before that? we will scrape into the play-offs and get beaten by much more adventurous, organise team like the season before and the season before that!!!!
we have nothing to lose in sacking Hurst, even if we don't get promoted with a new manager maybe just maybe it might not be so dire to watch

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 120
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 11, 2015, 6:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
This is certainly a big week for the manager. By next Sunday he could be on the way to winning the Trophy and getting promotion.

So, what would we say to that scenario? Would two 1-0 wins without any great improvement in playing performance change anyone's mind about the prospects for the season or their opinions about the manager and owner?

I'm in a bit of a cleft stick here with this and I suspect so are some other posters. On one hand we do not believe this manager is going to take us forward to L2 or galvanise supporters with power play football. But at the same time I would accept us grinding out a win in every home game between now and the end of the season by 1-0 and playing abysmally if it meant we were sure to be promoted. That is a possibility if we were lucky in the play offs though the odds are against it in my view. The margins in the way Town are playing are so slim that 1-0 can very easily be 0-1, as we have seen.

But is this week pivotal? The only person who can answer that is no longer posting on the Fishy.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 120
Vance Warner
January 11, 2015, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Spot on. This thread started as a rallying call. I don't understand how any supporter could have a problem with that. There are already enough threads for people to have a go at Hurst on. I don't consider myself in any camp but the repetitive and divisive posts by a few on here are making any grown up debate impossible.

Quoted from Maringer

Brucie is clearly a troll. I'm amazed so many others, including yourself, don't see this clear fact. I'd be surprised if he was even a fan of GTFC, just seems to be trolling to create trouble as far as I can see. I don't bother to read any thread which he was started. Very sad and inadequate, but then I've never understood why trolls bother.

As for me, I'm a fan of GTFC so want us to do well. As I have clearly stated in the past in various threads, I think it would be too much of a gamble to change managers at this point in the season and don't believe that things would automagically become better if an unnamed somebody else took over.

Quite how this makes me a 'happy clapper', I don't know, but then I'm not the one going around name calling and trying to promulgate an "Us versus Them" vibe, simply because I have a different viewpoint to somebody else.

I don't think I'm more important than anybody else who actually attends the games, but my views about matches should certainly hold more weight than those who didn't bother to go to the games themselves. I was irritated by your uninformed posts on the 'Just back' thread last night because it would be nice to have some threads discussing football for a change instead the usual endless digs against Hurst and anybody who doesn't want him sacked instantly.

Frankly, I'm becoming very bored with the soap opera developing on these boards. It has become impossible to have a sensible discussion about games, formations or anything about the football without the thread being polluted by the endlessly repeated digs against Hurst. The 'Interview' thread yesterday was a case in point. Absolutely pointless, not funny, not informative, a waste of my time even reading through it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 120
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 11, 2015, 7:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer

I sympathise. You clearly do think about the game and have the club at heart. But so do we all (apart from the trolls), maybe we just express it in different ways. I do agree with you that changing the manager is a gamble. It is one that WBA and Crystal Palace among others have taken though. It depends on your point of view at the time and how risk averse you are. It seems pretty likely that JF is less inclined to take a punt in football than in business.

Personally it is the negativity and the taking of fans for granted that I find annoying. For years it has been apparent for instance in the facilities for supporters and the feeling you get is that the club still has a view of supporters rooted in the past that fans will come to BP regardless.

The patronising tone of statements and interviews is especially irksome, which is incidentally why I started the "interview" thread you disliked so much. In fact it worked very well. When the actual interview came through thanks to Ska it was an absolute parody of itself. I put up a link to the new Norwich manager's interview to show the difference in attitudes. There too is another club that has taken the plunge at what they see as a key point in the season.

It would be good to discuss the niceties of formations and team selections now and again though.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 120
ginnywings
January 11, 2015, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Maringer

I'd love to but we need to start playing some first.  

You do make some good points Maringer and the anti Hurst thing does tend to migrate to every thread, i agree. But there is an undeniable undercurrent of "us and them" sometimes. The mere mention that there might be something not quite rosy in the camp immediately gets a barrage of red crosses, as though the author is making it up just to cause trouble. I've heard some interesting rumours this week, which i would once have shared but such is the way of it on here lately, i shall save myself the grief. Myself and Grim Reaper have alluded to the Aswad situation for instance and immediately received nothing but red crosses and cries of bullshit, he's the best left back in the league.

Think i'll go back into hibernation for a while.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 120
chaos33
January 11, 2015, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349

I sympathise. You clearly do think about the game and have the club at heart. But so do we all (apart from the trolls), maybe we just express it in different ways. I do agree with you that changing the manager is a gamble. It is one that WBA and Crystal Palace among others have taken though. It depends on your point of view at the time and how risk averse you are. It seems pretty likely that JF is less inclined to take a punt in football than in business.

Personally it is the negativity and the taking of fans for granted that I find annoying. For years it has been apparent for instance in the facilities for supporters and the feeling you get is that the club still has a view of supporters rooted in the past that fans will come to BP regardless.

The patronising tone of statements and interviews is especially irksome, which is incidentally why I started the "interview" thread you disliked so much. In fact it worked very well. When the actual interview came through thanks to Ska it was an absolute parody of itself. I put up a link to the new Norwich manager's interview to show the difference in attitudes. There too is another club that has taken the plunge at what they see as a key point in the season.

It would be good to discuss the niceties of formations and team selections now and again though.

I agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.