January 11, 2015, 10:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
the worst manager this club has ever, ever seen

Have you forgotten Nicky Law? Graham Rodger? Alan Buckley Mk III? Neil Woods? Mike Newell? I haven't. You're talking utter garbage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 11:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If we did lose would you sack hurst and roll the dice

I honestly think the hand of the board will be forced because the knock on effect of vastly reduced crowds will damage the finances not just for this season, but for seasons to come.

Without promotion I wouldn't start next season with PH in charge. Change next week, change in a month or once the season is over.? Not too bothered either way
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 120
Maringer
January 11, 2015, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,400
Gold Stars: 184
Brucie is clearly a troll. Best thing to do is completely ignore his posts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 120
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2015, 11:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BIGChris

I honestly think the hand of the board will be forced because the knock on effect of vastly reduced crowds will damage the finances not just for this season, but for seasons to come.

Without promotion I wouldn't start next season with PH in charge. Change next week, change in a month or once the season is over.? Not too bothered either way

Pretty much how I see it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 120
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2015, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from EY Mariner

Have you forgotten Nicky Law? Graham Rodger? Alan Buckley Mk III? Neil Woods? Mike Newell? I haven't. You're talking utter garbage.

I never put Buckley in with the dross you mentioned that man gave me great pleasure over the years, memories that this younger generation might not ever have
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 11:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

Spot on. Personally believe it's time to roll the dice because the owner and the manager are in danger of alienating some die-hards.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 120
Marinerz93
January 11, 2015, 11:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
AB MKIII got us to Wembley with a worse squad that Woods got us relegated with.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 120
January 11, 2015, 11:45am
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

I think we should stick with him  however if it looks likely that we won't get into the play-off spots then we should change. Unless we do get promotion then he should go at the end of the season. He should bare this in mind with the fa trophy, winning that mickey mouse trophy will not save his job at the end of the season.
Reply: 28 - 120
TAGG
January 11, 2015, 11:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from BIGChris
Next Saturday Grimsby Town Football Club reach a crossroads, not just for this season but quite possibly for the next 5 or so years at least.
I say that not because a defeat, or even a draw, against Barnet will virtually guarantee we are not going to win the league but it will mean more points dropped at home and that is key for me.
The players are clearly struggling at Blundell Park and are devoid of confidence. I know some will cry ‘man up’ but confidence is a key element in football at all levels. Without it, chances are snatched at and passes tend to become longer just to get rid. How do the players regain the confidence that will allow them to play at their maximum or at least close to it? I don’t know other than working their nuts off and the manager attempting to instil in them a belief in what they are doing.

I know for a fact that the manager talks constantly to the players about playing at a tempo and about getting momentum. That is what the players are told to do. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I haven’t witnessed it anywhere near enough and especially at home.
Despite what I read on here I don’t believe we set up to be defensive. We have enough players with attacking intent in our line up every week. I think that those who claim we play hoofball should watch a few old video’s of John Becks old Cambridge side.

What I would say is whether it is down to the manager, players or even the much maligned supporters    the home performances and results have not been acceptable for a Town side plying it trade in the 5th tier of English football and this has to change and change quickly.

To my mind we must win v Barnet. If not the crowd will turn and numbers will drop dramatically forcing the hand of the board in my opinion. The knock on effect of lower crowds, and in turn lower budgets, are it makes promotion even less likely.

I can only assume every Town fan wants us to be promoted? If so, then on Saturday it is vital we get a passionate vocal crowd behind the team. Not people ready to jump on every error, but people prepared to encourage and support for the entire 90 mins. I guarantee that staying away will not help the club regain their place in the football league.

If we can get 3 points with a positive performance and a positive crowd we can kick on for the rest of the season. Players will regain the confidence and the crowd may begin to think we may have a chance.

As always it is fine margins but I honestly think next Saturday is pivotal

"I know for a fact that the manager talks constantly to the players about playing at a tempo and about getting momentum. That is what the players are told to do. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I haven’t witnessed it anywhere near enough and especially at home."
So if this is true why after every excrement home performance doesn't he say " I gave them the game plan and they didn't stick to it" instead of blaming ref, luck, fans and other crap he comes out with?????

"Despite what I read on here I don’t believe we set up to be defensive. We have enough players with attacking intent in our line up every week. I think that those who claim we play hoofball should watch a few old video’s of John Becks old Cambridge side."
Well he does because he worry's more about what the opposition will do and try to nullify them before we are allowed to play our game and no I don't want to look at any old Beck stuff thanks I'm depressed about football enough at the moment.

"I can only assume every Town fan wants us to be promoted? If so, then on Saturday it is vital we get a passionate vocal crowd behind the team. Not people ready to jump on every error, but people prepared to encourage and support for the entire 90 mins. I guarantee that staying away will not help the club regain their place in the football league."
Well Im staying away because I cant put up with the frustration of watching boring football orchestrated by a cardboard cut out on the touchline and many others we will to, we will be lucky to see 3000 max there on Saturday.
I guarantee you that keeping Hurst as our Manager will not regain our place in the football league.  

You can only see thing one way because you are to close to the people at the club. I don't know any of em so my views are just purely by what I see when I pay my 18 quid..

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.