MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 1739

I think we should stick with him  however if it looks likely that we won't get into the play-off spots then we should change. Unless we do get promotion then he should go at the end of the season. He should bare this in mind with the fa trophy, winning that mickey mouse trophy will not save his job at the end of the season.

Will not save his job? I'd say should not.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 120
DocTower
January 11, 2015, 11:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Spot on. Personally believe it's time to roll the dice because the owner and the manager are in danger of alienating some die-hards.

I fear that we are past the alienation point .  Dammed if we do dammed  don't  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 120
Garth
January 11, 2015, 12:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 1739

I think we should stick with him  however if it looks likely that we won't get into the play-off spots then we should change. Unless we do get promotion then he should go at the end of the season. He should bare this in mind with the fa trophy, winning that mickey mouse trophy will not save his job at the end of the season.

Looking at it from his point of view though,  it might help on his CV at pastures new
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 12:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from TAGG

You can only see thing one way because you are to close to the people at the club. I don't know any of em so my views are just purely by what I see when I pay my 18 quid..

I see things my way with what I witness with my own eyes, it is called an opinion. Who you think I am 'close' too I don't know and frankly don't care.
You pay your money (or at least you did) and so do I and just because you may disagree doesn't mean that my view or yours is any less valid than the other
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 120
TAGG
January 11, 2015, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from BIGChris

I see things my way with what I witness with my own eyes, it is called an opinion. Who you think I am 'close' too I don't know and frankly don't care.
You pay your money (or at least you did) and so do I and just because you may disagree doesn't mean that my view or yours is any less valid than the other

"I know for a fact that the manager talks constantly to the players about playing at a tempo and about getting momentum"

Are you there at the time he is saying this or is this something you are told by someone at 'the club'?????????????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 120
Marinerz93
January 11, 2015, 12:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TAGG

You can only see thing one way because you are to close to the people at the club. I don't know any of em so my views are just purely by what I see when I pay my 18 quid..

I think you are being harsh on BigChris, I have always found his views reasoned and fair and even when I don't agree with him he often has valid points worthy of debate.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 120
Garth
January 11, 2015, 12:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

I honestly think the hand of the board will be forced because the knock on effect of vastly reduced crowds will damage the finances not just for this season, but for seasons to come.

Without promotion I wouldn't start next season with PH in charge. Change next week, change in a month or once the season is over.? Not too bothered either way

A damming statement from an ex Trust moderate, but I would think it reflects the feelings of most of us, lets hope for some back to back wins for ours and his sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 12:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Garth

[/b]

A damming statement from an ex Trust moderate, but I would think it reflects the feelings of most of us, lets hope for some back to back wins for ours and his sake

Wtf??
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 120
Abdul19
January 11, 2015, 12:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
It'll be interesting to see how Barnet react to the Lincoln defeat. I know they've lost other games this season, but that was the first time they've taken a beating (I'm not counting that Trophy game when they played the under 5s)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Garth

[/b]

Too many people leaving the building IMHO. Frankly, not sure that anything other than a win next Saturday will turn it around because most don't seem too bothered about what happens at Gateshead.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.