Quagmire
January 12, 2015, 12:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MarinerWY

Rob Scott consistently acted like a child with no self-control, it was embarrasing at times.

Sounds like a description of our very own flag deconstructor    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 120
Garth
January 12, 2015, 12:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MarinerWY

How was it ruthlessly? Rob Scott consistently acted like a child with no self-control, it was embarrasing at times.

Exactly, both he and Newell can't seem to get back into the management arena which at least says that JF acted in the clubs interest after what seemed like good acquisitions at the time.

PH enoys
the hell out of me sometimes, but in honesty is a far better manager than those two put together, just trying to be fair

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 120
Jarmo.Is.God
January 12, 2015, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Without being too optimistic, i think a win on Saturday (Don't care about Gateshead on Wednesday) will turn our season around again.

Remember that feeling of hope we all had between October 11th - November 11th ?
We beat Wrexham Away, Torquay Away, Braintree away on a Tuesday night, wont 4 out of 4 league games.

Also between 16th September - and 26th December, we have only lost 2 league games out of 17 games.

out of them 17 games we have:
Won - 10
Drew - 5
Lost - 2

This Equals just over 2 points per game (Promotion Form)

whilst i know since the above we have lost 2 home league games on the bounce, we are not in a bad position at all.

Gateshead supposedly have the best manager in the league, yet they are 6 points behind us, okay they have a game in hand.

I am also losing patients with Hurst due to the tactics, the team he plays ect, but results wise, we not doing bad.

Win our 2 games in hand on Bristol Rovers we are 3 points behind them, beat them next month we are level with them.

Win our 2 games in hand on Barnet, we are 9 Points behind them but have to play them twice.

If we beat Barnet on Saturday, a big IF ! then confidence will soon come back to the players and us fans.

Lost on Saturday, the above counts for nothing.

keep faith, we have a good set of players !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2015, 2:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Without being too optimistic, i think a win on Saturday (Don't care about Gateshead on Wednesday) will turn our season around again.

Remember that feeling of hope we all had between October 11th - November 11th ?
We beat Wrexham Away, Torquay Away, Braintree away on a Tuesday night, wont 4 out of 4 league games.

Also between 16th September - and 26th December, we have only lost 2 league games out of 17 games.

out of them 17 games we have:
Won - 10
Drew - 5
Lost - 2

This Equals just over 2 points per game (Promotion Form)

whilst i know since the above we have lost 2 home league games on the bounce, we are not in a bad position at all.

Gateshead supposedly have the best manager in the league, yet they are 6 points behind us, okay they have a game in hand.

I am also losing patients with Hurst due to the tactics, the team he plays ect, but results wise, we not doing bad.

Win our 2 games in hand on Bristol Rovers we are 3 points behind them, beat them next month we are level with them.

Win our 2 games in hand on Barnet, we are 9 Points behind them but have to play them twice.

If we beat Barnet on Saturday, a big IF ! then confidence will soon come back to the players and us fans.

Lost on Saturday, the above counts for nothing.

keep faith, we have a good set of players !

All fine, but there's a shitload of big IFs in there!
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 120
friskneymariner
January 12, 2015, 4:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MarinerWY

How was it ruthlessly? Rob Scott consistently acted like a child with no self-control, it was embarrasing at times.

Not saying for one moment it was not justified,but the decision was taken and executed very swiftly,please respond to what I am stating not what you may think I am saying.,this must have have had some effect on making P.H feel his position was precarious and making him aware that he t he was dependent on the goodwill of the majority shareholder. Thus I see his position is somewhat compromised in arguing his case with the board,so he adopts a non confrontational position and does not argue his corner.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 120
Bruce Springsteen
January 12, 2015, 10:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from GrimRob

That is your permanent and natural state  I'm afraid it won't ever get better.

Oh it will when coco the clown gets the sack....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 120
1mickylyons
January 13, 2015, 8:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from mariner91

That's extremely unfair, it was a local derby and just after Xmas so many exiles, such as myself, were back home and able to attend. I'd left again by NYD and I'm sure it was the same for many others. Plus the away support from Macc was much smaller. I'm not for a second saying that the performance didn't stop others coming again because I'm sure it did but to say PH alone contributed to that is an exaggeration and grossly unfair.

In my opinion had Town have beat Lincoln another 6k plus crowd would have been at BP on NYD the shambolic manner of the defeat put paid to that but I still thought a gate over 4.5k would turn out based on Boxing Day and NYD usually pulling in bumper crowds.I was genuinely shocked and disappointed the gate dropped below 4k and 6 points from those 2 games I would have fancied us to make a real push for the title.I can only point the finger at Paul Hurst and say his lack of going for the throat at home is what will see us fail yet again and I go now only in hope rather than expectation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 120
ginnywings
January 13, 2015, 10:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

In my opinion had Town have beat Lincoln another 6k plus crowd would have been at BP on NYD the shambolic manner of the defeat put paid to that but I still thought a gate over 4.5k would turn out based on Boxing Day and NYD usually pulling in bumper crowds.I was genuinely shocked and disappointed the gate dropped below 4k and 6 points from those 2 games I would have fancied us to make a real push for the title.I can only point the finger at Paul Hurst and say his lack of going for the throat at home is what will see us fail yet again and I go now only in hope rather than expectation.

Was at a New year party; there were seven Town fans there, all of whom had been to the Boxing Day game and i think three of us made the Macc game. General consensus was that getting up with a hangover and going to watch Town again was not worth the effort but they would have if we'd been decent against Lincoln. Most were/are scathing about the home tactics and lack of goals/excitement/atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 120
mariner91
January 13, 2015, 12:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A crowd of over 6k to see us play the mighty Macclesfield? The entire time we've been in this division we've only managed gates over 5K on eight occasions. Two of those were FA cup, two were play-offs and three were against Lincoln (the other was our first home game in this division which was against York). We've only managed gates over 6,000 5 times and the only time that has happened in a league game is against Lincoln. To put it into context, the last time we played someone other than Lincoln on NYD was 2011 against Mansfield where 3654 were in attendance. Admittedly, we weren't overly good that season but Mansfield will have brought more than Macclesfield did.

I'm not suggesting that the style of play and some of the home performances haven't put some people off, it clearly has because it has frankly become an expensive chore to go. But if you think the reason we didn't get over 6,000 to watch us play Macclesfield Town is solely down to PH then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. After a bit of research we only got 3600 against them in 2005 in a game that took us top of L2!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 120
barralad
January 13, 2015, 1:04pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from mariner91

A crowd of over 6k to see us play the mighty Macclesfield? The entire time we've been in this division we've only managed gates over 5K on eight occasions. Two of those were FA cup, two were play-offs and three were against Lincoln (the other was our first home game in this division which was against York). We've only managed gates over 6,000 5 times and the only time that has happened in a league game is against Lincoln. To put it into context, the last time we played someone other than Lincoln on NYD was 2011 against Mansfield where 3654 were in attendance. Admittedly, we weren't overly good that season but Mansfield will have brought more than Macclesfield did.

I'm not suggesting that the style of play and some of the home performances haven't put some people off, it clearly has because it has frankly become an expensive chore to go. But if you think the reason we didn't get over 6,000 to watch us play Macclesfield Town is solely down to PH then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. After a bit of research we only got 3600 against them in 2005 in a game that took us top of L2!

Fantastic response...Factual, well written and accurate. Will any notice be taken of it? Not on your sweet bippy matey!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 120
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.