January 11, 2015, 12:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

Wtf??

Whoops! from an ex Trust moderate should have read an ex key Trust moderate, that better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 120
ginnywings
January 11, 2015, 12:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Spot on. Personally believe it's time to roll the dice because the owner and the manager are in danger of alienating some die-hards.

Too late, they already have. I've been saying for a long time that Hurst will never win the fans over and i feared this would happen if the season went along the same lines as the last two, which it is increasingly looking like it will.

Not signing more firepower has come back to bite him on the sr$e, as i suspected it would. We all have different views about how the game should be played but whichever system is used, it has to have an end product. From what i understand, the away games may bring more points but the performances are just as dire. How many goals have we scored over the last month or two?

Talking to many Town fans over Xmas and one in particular said, i know we are in the 5th tier and the players are not the best but is it too much to ask that every now and then, a player does something to get you out of your seat? It is supposed to be entertainment after all.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 120
forza ivano
January 11, 2015, 12:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Garth

[/b]

Looking at it from his point of view though,  it might help on his CV at pastures new

I agree, and the cynic in me does wonder whether he takes the trophy far more seriously than he should for that very reason. If ph can get us into the play offs and a trophy semi final again this year he makes himself possibly the number 1 Target for those non league chairmen looking for a change of manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 120
Rick12
January 11, 2015, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano

I agree, and the cynic in me does wonder whether he takes the trophy far more seriously than he should for that very reason. If ph can get us into the play offs and a trophy semi final again this year he makes himself possibly the number 1 Target for those non league chairmen looking for a change of manager
Makes sense Forza.Most in the game when it comes down to it will protect their own back

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 120
forza ivano
January 11, 2015, 12:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Rick12
Makes sense Forza.Most in the game when it comes down to it will protect their own back

Especially when this is hursts only chance to have a career in football management.his percentage or safety first approach has got him decent enough results plus he has syrvived for far longer than most managers.he won't be long out of work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 120
grimps
January 11, 2015, 1:02pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,119
Gold Stars: 46
I honestly belive he's trying to get himself fired now instead of doing the decent thing to retain his pay out.

The 0-0 against Gateshead was without doubt the worst possible result , most fans would have been happy to lose that game and give a few of the bench warmers a run out. some fans would have been happy for us to win and carry on with a chance of Wembley, even an exciting 3-3 draw might have just been bareable.
What we got was another mind numbing , boring game of football with an unwanted away replay a few days before we play the league leaders.

This must have happend on purpose , even the chucking the subs on with a minute to go must have been a finger in the air to the fans that compalin about his subtitutes.
I'm sure he's just taking the urine out of us now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 120
Bruce Springsteen
January 11, 2015, 1:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from BIGChris

They may say we are in a good position but it IS pivotal IMO because without 3 points we will irreparably damaged financially not for this season, but potentially for many seasons to come

we were irrepairably damaged when Hurst was not sacked in the summer, take your rallying call and go and shove it up Hurst and Fenty's bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 120
Hagrid
January 11, 2015, 1:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

we were irrepairably damaged when Hurst was not sacked in the summer, take your rallying call and go and shove it up Hurst and Fenty's bottom

Bruce, may i ask, i totaly understand you do not want Hurst as our manager, but would you honestly rather us be mid-table with someone else, or 4th with PH- just give the guy till the end of the season because he isnt going to be sacked. this much is clear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 120
Bruce Springsteen
January 11, 2015, 1:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from Hagrid

Bruce, may i ask, i totaly understand you do not want Hurst as our manager, but would you honestly rather us be mid-table with someone else, or 4th with PH- just give the guy till the end of the season because he isnt going to be sacked. this much is clear

I want him out now, his brand of football, his interviews, his disrespect for the supporters, his blame anyone else but himself attitude, his persistant picking of useless favourites, I couldnt care less...there is a seething anger around this club at present, and he is responsible for it.

He's taken the urine out of supporters for too long, and now the campain has started in full to get him out...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 120
cleethorpes_mariner
January 11, 2015, 1:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

I want him out now, his brand of football, his interviews, his disrespect for the supporters, his blame anyone else but himself attitude, his persistant picking of useless favourites, I couldnt care less...there is a seething anger around this club at present, and he is responsible for it.

He's taken the urine out of supporters for too long, and now the campain has started in full to get him out...

I am not sure turning every thread on the Fishy in to a Hurst out thread a fully started campain

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.