TAGG
January 11, 2015, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think you are being harsh on BigChris, I have always found his views reasoned and fair and even when I don't agree with him he often has valid points worthy of debate.

Sorry I didn't mean it to come across that way. Every time he's been on Humberside I enjoyed his contributions but I just feel his opinion is a bit clouded with being so close to the establishment. If I did offend BC it wasn't meant.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 120
Zmariner
January 11, 2015, 2:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
Be lucky to get 3000, and they dont deserve the crowds they do get

Appalling home form, a lack of fitness, and each player capable of one good game in 5, (Pearson/Disley excluded)

Nothing to do with confidence, shocking ability at times mixed with the worst manager this club has ever, ever seen

Should have been sacked in the summer.....hope of course Town win

Neil Woods? How can Hurst ever be compared to him. I am a season ticket holder and accept we are shocking at home but will give it a bit longer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 120
Bruce Springsteen
January 11, 2015, 2:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from TAGG

Sorry I didn't mean it to come across that way. Every time he's been on Humberside I enjoyed his contributions but I just feel his opinion is a bit clouded with being so close to the establishment. If I did offend BC it wasn't meant.

BC has always positioned himself on the Fenty side of the club, he paint this 'I am in the know' picture, and has done for years..

a sit there and accept crap sort of fan....each to their own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 3:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6

BC has always positioned himself on the Fenty side of the club, he paint this 'I am in the know' picture, and has done for years..

This is nonsense and a quite simply a lie.

I am not on 'Fenty's side'  and never have been.

The only advantage I have over you is I actually go to the games so on that basis I guess i am 'in the know'
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

The only advantage I have over you is I actually go to the games so on that basis I guess i am 'in the know'

I think an apology and a bit of respect is in order to BC. I accept that I don't go to enough games to have a fully informed opinion on playing matters. I choose to go to less and less games because I'm fed up with how the club is run both on and the pitch. To have the input of someone who has Bc's knowledge only goes to improve the debate.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 120
sonik
January 11, 2015, 3:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris

Oh!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 120
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2015, 3:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from sonik

Oh!

I think Chris and I don't know him is like me blinded by love for gtfc and is simply team Grimsby town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 120
Marinerz93
January 11, 2015, 3:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from TAGG

Fair play Tagg, frustrations have got a hold of a lot of people.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 120
Marinerz93
January 11, 2015, 3:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292

If you read the fishy and listen to his commentaries you would understand why BigChris is more in the know than the rest of us. I feel that he has had to hold back some of the things he would like to say because he has the club at heart.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 120
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 11, 2015, 4:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think Chris and I don't know him is like me blinded by love for gtfc and is simply team Grimsby town

I think we all are mate. But as previously mentioned before:

Do we want sh1t or bust entertaining football or solid displays gaining results? I can only go by the scraps of football I've seen town play this season, but, we are very predictable and lack that bit of flair/spark that the likes of neilson can bring. Am not surprised that the crowds are dwindling to sorry (by our standards) levels. I can't understand the negative nature of what blundell park has become. Yes, we've always had a go at players, and we always will, but the lack of atmosphere v Lincoln, even at 1-0 up, IMHO lost us a lot of impetuous and as BC mentioned in the op, this game is pivotal to this season and the club

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.