13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
January 11, 2015, 7:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I definitely be will there firstly because

I. Still believe we have a outside chance albeit a slim chance and 2. I want to see us compete and beat the best side in this league the pressure will be on but to get out of this league you need effort and determination. A win against Barnet would spring board our final push and send Barnet into panic mode they have been top for far to long.

Come on Town I know you have ability please show us something special because believe it or not 99.9% of fans WANT the Players,Fenty and Paul Hurst to win and get us back in the league proper.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 120
Rick12
January 11, 2015, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good post Chris but I don't think a win should make a break our season.The season is a long campaign and one game doesn't define it.They will be up for it as well and will provide a stern test for our players.So long as the team in put in a good performance and we don't loose I will be satisfied. Of course I would love the 3 points but its going to be a tough call.Hopefully though from reading other fans view  players do up the performances as for me this can  make so much difference.Ive seen a fair bit of football of growing up and to a lesser extent Grimsby now and players with a excellent mentality and who try don't half make a difference.Hopefully we can see more of these players at Town in the near future and we rise up them leagues and in the not to different future be where we should be which in my opinion should be league 1

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 120
Bruce Springsteen
January 11, 2015, 9:14am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Pivotal my bottom, even if we lose the manager of this club and people like Boylen will stay we are in a good position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 120
Fcukthescunts
January 11, 2015, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Great post Big Chris. For me it's one last chance for Hurst to prove people wrong we lose that game and haven't shown passion/desire it will be time to clear the decks. If we have a performance equal to Huddersfield game last season and lose then so be it but performances have to improve. Bums on seats are a must!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 10:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rick12
Good post Chris but I don't think a win should make a break our season.The season is a long campaign and one game doesn't define it.They will be up for it as well and will provide a stern test for our players.So long as the team in put in a good performance and we don't loose I will be satisfied. Of course I would love the 3 points but its going to be a tough call.Hopefully though from reading other fans view  players do up the performances as for me this can  make so much difference.Ive seen a fair bit of football of growing up and to a lesser extent Grimsby now and players with a excellent mentality and who try don't half make a difference.Hopefully we can see more of these players at Town in the near future and we rise up them leagues and in the not to different future be where we should be which in my opinion should be league 1

My point is not about the 3 points but about the knock on effect of not getting them in this particular game
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 120
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2015, 10:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BIGChris

My point is not about the 3 points but about the knock on effect of not getting them in this particular game

In true town style we will probs lose at home and win away, we don't do things easy here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 120
BIGChris
January 11, 2015, 10:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
Pivotal my bottom, even if we lose the manager of this club and people like Boylen will stay we are in a good position

They may say we are in a good position but it IS pivotal IMO because without 3 points we will irreparably damaged financially not for this season, but potentially for many seasons to come
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 120
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2015, 10:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BIGChris

They may say we are in a good position but it IS pivotal IMO because without 3 points we will irreparably damaged financially not for this season, but potentially for many seasons to come

If we did lose would you sack hurst and roll the dice
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 120
GrimRob
January 11, 2015, 10:51am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

Curious why you say that BC, could expand upon it? We could win it and lose the next 5, or lose it and win the next 5. There's still lots of points to play for either way. It's a huge game because there is a hope that we can prolong the slim hope of catching Barnet and making the title race closer for everyone at the top.(I still think Bristol Rovers will finish ahead of Barnet).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 120
SamTheMariner
January 11, 2015, 10:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
Be lucky to get 3000, and they dont deserve the crowds they do get

Appalling home form, a lack of fitness, and each player capable of one good game in 5, (Pearson/Disley excluded)

Nothing to do with confidence, shocking ability at times mixed with the worst manager this club has ever, ever seen

Should have been sacked in the summer.....hope of course Town win

Shut up, do you even go? You are a total WUM!

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.