Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 345 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,201 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
October 6, 2014, 10:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
i want us to win tomorrow, i really do, but if we do win is that not just papering the cracks and buying Hurst more time? This is why i would have rather seen him gone today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 137
chaos33
October 6, 2014, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from BIGChris

I'd agree with that but i desperately want us to win tomorrow and hope we can be brave and set our stall out from the 1st minute to take the game to them. I would like nothing more than  us show the form we did against Gateshead & Alfreton and the style of the first 45 at Halifax.

Speaking to people at Dartford those in favour of change were in the minority, not hugely so, but still a majority wanting to stick at the present time. I didnt ask many after the game!!

Well I agree with that BC, but I'm sure I'm not in the minority when wondering where the hell that 'form and style' went? I guess, that we lost our potency when we stopped playing the formation and players we did, namely 4-3-3 with a quick tempo and high pressing ethos, and, when we lost one striker, revealing our inexcusable lack of depth in this department as our potency seemed to evaporate with the injury to Pittman. I would really like to know why Hurst deviated from that ethos to the extent that he did - sure, we lost a promising looking striker, but he dropped Paddy, restored Disley, went 4-4-2 and abandoned his 4-3-3/4-3-1-2. We shot ourselves in the foot.

Reviving this blueprint is our's and Hurst's only hope IMO.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 137
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2014, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Would all the moaning morons who state that they will not be attending any more games please extend that also to not posting on here as well. Personally I'm sick of the constant negativity on here when we are supposed to be supporters - for good or bad !  GTFC is not a premiership club with cash to splash.Without JF there would be no budget so get real all you prophets of doom. Football ,no matter what league , is a lottery. A thousand different factors can affect any game and the outcome is never easy to predict. We have what we have here at Grimsby and there is no saying a change of ownership or management would change the teams fortunes- a prime example is Forrest Green who have had more cash thrown at them than Town.We have no God given right to be a "big time" club just because we might have a bigger population than some of our opponents. Just looking around the town clearly shows that the few multi-national employers show no rush to support the club financially and this just leaves a handful of small business' to keep the club afloat.One day the wheels of fortune might turn our way but until then just enjoy and support your club regardless. If you don't like what you see then simply walk away and find something else to fill your time on a Saturday afternoon but do us all a favour and stop carping on and on in multiple threads on here !

So what you're saying is people are welcome if they just pay their money at the turnstile, shut up and accept their lot. Welcome to the 13th century folks!

Support feudalism. Your count votes!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 137
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 6, 2014, 11:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from BIGChris

I'd agree with that but i desperately want us to win tomorrow and hope we can be brave and set our stall out from the 1st minute to take the game to them. I would like nothing more than  us show the form we did against Gateshead & Alfreton and the style of the first 45 at Halifax.

Speaking to people at Dartford those in favour of change were in the minority, not hugely so, but still a majority wanting to stick at the present time. I didnt ask many after the game!!

I also agree with Big C on this but like others will not be attending again whilst PH in charge even though I have season ticket. Reference fans at the Dartford game the impromptu poll does not surprise me as the majority of those fans are the real backbone of the club and will be there no matter what and for a great number their Grimsby glass will always be half full where for me it is nearly empty.

I do not go to many away games nowadays but speak to fans who do and as I have said many times I believe PH is suited to managing away fixtures where grinding out results is applauded, and rightly so on many occasions. Probelem is we 10 x more fans attending home games where the more than disappointing performances are more the norm than the rarity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 137
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2014, 11:50pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
Football fans are so fickle it's unbearable. Won't come until Hurst is out??? I bet you'd be back if we ended up playing a decent side in the FA cup like last season, or managed to scramble our way back to Wembley somehow this season. Shocking lack of loyalty. Your no better than the Man Utd fans who wouldn't attend whilst Moyes was in charge last year.

The die hards will be there tomorrow night, the glories might not be.

So the people who recently followed a mid-table Conference club are glory hunters. Hmm, maybe if they've abandoned following the Spiders Web Girls Under 10s, then they're glory hunters. But anyone who's paid good money to watch some of the garbage we've been served up is not a glory hunter.

Oh my, you are sadly starved of excitement in your life if you think folk who have given up paying good money to see us get turned over by photocopier engineers, credit controllers and call centre operators, and stood on weed infested terraces at places like Braintree and Welling, are glory hunters. Maybe you should, to use the cliche, get out more my friend. But nothing too exciting at first. Try starting with the Sunday market or Pennell's Garden Centre, then work your way up to a trip to Meadow Hall.

For what it's worth, I will continue to go when I get the chance, but I completely understand those who have given up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 137
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2014, 11:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
What's the chances of the "Hurst Out" brigade being the same people as the "Groves Out", "Slade Out" "Woods Out" and "Rodger Out" movements!

Only Rodger Out, I'm afraid. I admit I may have got it wrong in wanting Woods In (For a Bit Longer).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 137
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2014, 11:54pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Think the fans are already at loggerheads chaos, definite split between fans.

As for your first part from 1 to 10 .....I'm at 10  

There was a bit of loggerheads on Saturday.  Some youngsters took umbrage at some, erm, more mature guys shouting Hurst Out, and confused it with not being supporters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 137
BIGChris
October 7, 2014, 7:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I also agree with Big C on this but like others will not be attending again whilst PH in charge even though I have season ticket. Reference fans at the Dartford game the impromptu poll does not surprise me as the majority of those fans are the real backbone of the club and will be there no matter what and for a great number their Grimsby glass will always be half full where for me it is nearly empty.

I do not go to many away games nowadays but speak to fans who do and as I have said many times I believe PH is suited to managing away fixtures where grinding out results is applauded, and rightly so on many occasions. Probelem is we 10 x more fans attending home games where the more than disappointing performances are more the norm than the rarity.

Very true, the one thing that any manager is judged on is home form. That is where the problem lies in my view a) because, as you say, that is where the vast majority of fans see their team and b) that is where income is derived from.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 137
BIGChris
October 7, 2014, 7:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from chaos33

Well I agree with that BC, but I'm sure I'm not in the minority when wondering where the hell that 'form and style' went? I guess, that we lost our potency when we stopped playing the formation and players we did, namely 4-3-3 with a quick tempo and high pressing ethos, and, when we lost one striker, revealing our inexcusable lack of depth in this department as our potency seemed to evaporate with the injury to Pittman. I would really like to know why Hurst deviated from that ethos to the extent that he did - sure, we lost a promising looking striker, but he dropped Paddy, restored Disley, went 4-4-2 and abandoned his 4-3-3/4-3-1-2. We shot ourselves in the foot.

Reviving this blueprint is our's and Hurst's only hope IMO.

I really think the injury to Pittman and the virtual no show from Arnold left him with no way to continue the ethos set. For me the fault for that lies totally with the manager failing to bring in sufficient attacking players. I expected, last May to see investment in forwards, understand funds were earmarked, and to a degree still are, but for whatever reason Paul has been unable to bring those signings in. Oates may have a decent career ahead of him but we need a fit n able Pittman PLUS a striker with pace, power, brains & finishing ability. I know you dont get these from Tesco but having been 'trying' since May just doesnt sit comfortably. Why?
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 137
GrimRob
October 7, 2014, 7:31am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

I really think the injury to Pittman and the virtual no show from Arnold left him with no way to continue the ethos set. For me the fault for that lies totally with the manager failing to bring in sufficient attacking players. I expected, last May to see investment in forwards, understand funds were earmarked, and to a degree still are, but for whatever reason Paul has been unable to bring those signings in. Oates may have a decent career ahead of him but we need a fit n able Pittman PLUS a striker with pace, power, brains & finishing ability. I know you dont get these from Tesco but having been 'trying' since May just doesnt sit comfortably. Why?

The supporters were blamed by JF in the summer for their role in turning players away from the club:
"Would you join a club where the fans run you down. Rodman, Jennings and trialists to name a few when trying to clinch a deal. Sickening!!!!!!! you think its just about money!!!!!!"

See: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1405678628/s-880357//id-880357#num8

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 89 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.