Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 158 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,155 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
October 6, 2014, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Football fans are so fickle it's unbearable. Won't come until Hurst is out??? I bet you'd be back if we ended up playing a decent side in the FA cup like last season, or managed to scramble our way back to Wembley somehow this season. Shocking lack of loyalty. Your no better than the Man Utd fans who wouldn't attend whilst Moyes was in charge last year.

The die hards will be there tomorrow night, the glories might not be.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 137
grimsby pete
October 6, 2014, 6:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I have been accused of saying the same old thing time and time again,

BUT

Until last week I have backed Hurst then I said he needs a bit more time,

Now I am saying, he should go,

Now I am saying he should go,

Now I am saying he should go.

oops !!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 137
MeanwoodMariner
October 6, 2014, 6:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have been accused of saying the same old thing time and time again,

BUT

Until last week I have backed Hurst then I said he needs a bit more time,

Now I am saying, he should go,

Now I am saying he should go,

Now I am saying he should go.

oops !!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 137
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2014, 6:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I have no problem if people think he should be sacked and explain their reasoning though I disagree with them at the moment. What I'm sick of is the comments towards PH which seem personal and the people who'll clearly take delight if/when he's dismissed because I think he's a decent, honest bloke doing his best. Whether that best will be good enough I don't know and if it isn't he'll have to go  but the clamour to see someone trying their best made redundant is pretty unedifying in some posters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 137
grimsby pete
October 6, 2014, 6:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I have no problem if people think he should be sacked and explain their reasoning though I disagree with them at the moment. What I'm sick of is the comments towards PH which seem personal and the people who'll clearly take delight if/when he's dismissed because I think he's a decent, honest bloke doing his best. Whether that best will be good enough I don't know and if it isn't he'll have to go  but the clamour to see someone trying their best made redundant is pretty unedifying in some posters.

To be fair Hurst knew the risks when he took the job,

He said nothing when his mate of numerous years was sacked,

At the end of last season he sacked a few players himself,

If he is still with us at the end of this season he will sack a few more,

So do not feel sorry for him,

As Grim Rob keeps saying, he will walk into another job.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 137
1mickylyons
October 6, 2014, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I can go along with the reasoning in this post and I agree it`s awful people want him out BUT he isn`t helping himself with his brand of non football that`s been bestowed on us the lack of tactical nouse in games that really matter and his puzzling decision to leave our most creative player on the bench for 70 mins Saturday when we were desperate for 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 137
fishkeeper
October 6, 2014, 7:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
Quoted from jimgtfc
Football fans are so fickle it's unbearable. Won't come until Hurst is out??? I bet you'd be back if we ended up playing a decent side in the FA cup like last season, or managed to scramble our way back to Wembley somehow this season. Shocking lack of loyalty. Your no better than the Man Utd fans who wouldn't attend whilst Moyes was in charge last year.

total rot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 6, 2014, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jimgtfc

Another who seems to think he is a better fan just because he will go no matter what happens on the pitch.

Not that i have to justify to you or any others but gtfc have had my money and support all over the country for as long as i can remember but the lack of leadership from the chairman to the manager has finally taken its toll on me.

I find our position unacceptable and many others have had enough too , some will still attend some wont but for me until john acts i wont give another penny to watch the absolute dross we get served up he seems to have had a long enough crack at it.

just because you or some others will still go please don't make out you are in any way more of a fan than me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 137
mike502
October 6, 2014, 7:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +328
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jimgtfc
Your no better than the Man Utd fans who wouldn't attend whilst Moyes was in charge last year.

Maybe some of them will hire a trawler with "Hurst Out" painted on it to sail up the Humber during a match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 137
malkamalka
October 6, 2014, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
What's the chances of the "Hurst Out" brigade being the same people as the "Groves Out", "Slade Out" "Woods Out" and "Rodger Out" movements!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.