Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 405 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,066 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2014, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from barralad

How so? Nobody has yet been able to explain to me how people who claim to love GTFC can refuse to go to a game because someone they don't like is the manager. When I go to B.P. it is to support the XI who take the field. There have been literally 100s of comments on here regarding the finances of the club yet people are prepared to deny the club money over some grudge against the manager. Not attending may eventually cause Mr F to wield the axe but at what cost long term?

No grudge against the manager, just a grudge against paying to see the sort of crap served up in several home games since the New Year.
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 137
jock dock tower
October 7, 2014, 9:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Would think his position is untenable now.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jock dock tower
Would think his position is untenable now.

John hasnt got the balls.

Sorry.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 137
friskneymariner
October 7, 2014, 11:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from psgmariner

What happened with Coyne?

Tried to get him to reduce his wages that were agreed in his contract,when he refused he was publicly slated.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 137
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 7, 2014, 11:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Possibly we will see a statement from JF sometime this week that he has confidence in the manager.

If so we will probably have a caretaker manager in charge by next week.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 137
LookBackInAngers
October 8, 2014, 1:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
In good times (few and far between recently) the leading figure in any organization soon seeks plaudits for his pivotal role in that success,after ten years plus of what by any measure can only be seen as failure should we expect of our "Main man "throughout that period? When all said and done the manager is only a cog although a crucial one,but if the direction from above is flawed then the job in hand becomes more difficult even impossible.Do the CEOs at large companies survive  consistent bad results ,bad decisions etc?We all know the answer to that one.If he fell on his sword would things get any worse? I for one don't  think so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 137
psgmariner
October 8, 2014, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
In good times (few and far between recently) the leading figure in any organization soon seeks plaudits for his pivotal role in that success,after ten years plus of what by any measure can only be seen as failure should we expect of our "Main man "throughout that period? When all said and done the manager is only a cog although a crucial one,but if the direction from above is flawed then the job in hand becomes more difficult even impossible.Do the CEOs at large companies survive  consistent bad results ,bad decisions etc?We all know the answer to that one.If he fell on his sword would things get any worse? I for one don't  think so.

Fair point but in business nobody would come in and save a failing, loss making company who were stagnating. Also that business would have no customers. Grimsby have a benefactor not a CEO. We also have a core number of fans who turn up however bad the 'product' is.

Football clubs do need to be run like businesses but they are very different.

Private Message
Reply: 136 - 137
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2014, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters
General malaise is very disturbing and only one man is capable of doing anything about it which, bearing in mind who it is is equally worrying.

If we have a fan base of 5000 half of them spoke very loud and clear last night.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.