Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,154 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
October 7, 2014, 1:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Do you really feel that is the reason players don't want to come her.

The football fraternity  is quite a small and closeknit community word gets out. Want do you think that the Coyne/Jeavons episode did for our reputation? look at Macca comments in his book  word get round on the footballers grapevine.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 137
BIGChris
October 7, 2014, 1:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from friskneymariner

The football fraternity  is quite a small and closeknit community word gets out. Want do you think that the Coyne/Jeavons episode did for our reputation? look at Macca comments in his book  word get round on the footballers grapevine.

Not sure exactly what was said but anyone hear Carl Magnays interview on RH on Saturday? I am told he said some players struggle to come to terms with being at a 'big' club.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 137
TAGG
October 7, 2014, 2:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,974
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from gtfc98

If he turns it around you'll soon be back! UTM

Its very easy to lose supporters and very hard to get them back.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 137
psgmariner
October 7, 2014, 2:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from friskneymariner

What happened with Coyne?

Private Message
Reply: 123 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from gtfc98

If he turns it around you'll soon be back! UTM

Well I know i wont be back any time soon because he hasn't got the qualities to turn it around..

and by turn it around do you mean inconsistent stumbling around the top 6-7 , no thanks.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 137
GrimRob
October 7, 2014, 2:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Well I know i wont be back any time soon because he hasn't got the qualities to turn it around..

and by turn it around do you mean inconsistent stumbling around the top 6-7 , no thanks.

You'll be back before long. You take an unhealthy interest in gtfc for someone who has supposedly publicly recanted. It's like hovering around your ex hoping for a snog.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GrimRob

You'll be back before long. You take an unhealthy interest in gtfc for someone who has supposedly publicly recanted. It's like hovering around your ex hoping for a snog.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 137
ackomariner
October 7, 2014, 3:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 137
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 3:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I bet we have a big win tonight because that is what usually happens when we get a small crowd at home,

Hurst will then be safe for another month,

Without repeating myself too much I have lost faith in Hurst for the following reasons,

He let a young promising striker go yet brings a young striker in on loan who is no better,

He thinks he does not have to explain his decisions to the fans who pay his wages,

It is Hurst who can not sell the club to any striker he might have tried to sign,

This location is a bit out of the way but we are not asking them to live in Grimsby for life,

Hurst treats all our opponents as if they are very good teams and always talks them up,

Well try talking ours players up and tell them how good they are,

BUT

Insist nothing comes easy , they will have to work hard for it,

There are only 2 players he tells us how important they are to the team, (LJL + Disley )

Yet calls our best player for not been a team player,

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 137
barralad
October 7, 2014, 7:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from fishkeeper

total rot

How so? Nobody has yet been able to explain to me how people who claim to love GTFC can refuse to go to a game because someone they don't like is the manager. When I go to B.P. it is to support the XI who take the field. There have been literally 100s of comments on here regarding the finances of the club yet people are prepared to deny the club money over some grudge against the manager. Not attending may eventually cause Mr F to wield the axe but at what cost long term?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.