Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 149 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,065 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 6, 2014, 8:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner

Grimrob for starters

Utter rubbish. I have never said I was happy. My consistent line is we have a manager and a squad who can reach the top 5 in April. That is the project we embarked on in the summer and we should see it through. If we fall short then we review the situation in the summer. I would say a  lot of supporters broadly take this line. What we have is a small number of people with extreme views flooding the forums with one point of view to give a false impressions of the balance of opinion, you see it all the time on the Internet.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 137
GrimRob
October 6, 2014, 8:55pm

[quote=1122]

I would gladly walk through the gates, pay double, and shake him by the hand and tell him that I was sorry for questioning his ability to get promotion. Is it going to happen though? Even Grim Rob is backing us to lose![/quote]

I backed us to lose based upon a stats model I wrote compared to the betting market. That same stats model is suggesting to back us to win tomorrow - the bookies odds are too generous it says.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 61 - 137
fishkeeper
October 6, 2014, 9:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
Quoted from Marinerz93

Wasn't it Neweel who got the coach driver sacked for being unlucky?

yes it was the ex driver is a friend of mine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 137
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 6, 2014, 9:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

Utter rubbish. I have never said I was happy. My consistent line is we have a manager and a squad who can reach the top 5 in April. That is the project we embarked in the summer and we should see it through. If we fall short then we reviewe the situation in the summer. I would say a  lot of supporters broadly take this line. What we have is a small number of people with exterme views flooding the forums with one point of view to give a false impressions of the balance of opinion, you see it all the time on the Internet.

Who exactly are the "we" who embarked on a "project" to reach the top 5 in April Rob? Not sure too many of us feel included in that "we" because in fact "we" would have liked an ambition to finish at number one and accept a playoff place only as a consolation prize. Therefore "we" can't see any reason for sticking with a "project" that looks as though it could be already on the verge of missing its modest target.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 137
jimgtfc
October 6, 2014, 9:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Another who seems to think he is a better fan just because he will go no matter what happens on the pitch.

Not that i have to justify to you or any others but gtfc have had my money and support all over the country for as long as i can remember but the lack of leadership from the chairman to the manager has finally taken its toll on me.

I find our position unacceptable and many others have had enough too , some will still attend some wont but for me until john acts i wont give another penny to watch the absolute dross we get served up he seems to have had a long enough crack at it.

just because you or some others will still go please don't make out you are in any way more of a fan than me.

How can people spit their dummy out saying they're not attending anymore and not expect criticism?

I don't like what I'm seeing at the minute either but it's never stopped me going before and I can't see it ever doing so.

I'm not saying I'm a better fan at all, just one that absolutely loves going to BP no matter what.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 137
GrimRob
October 6, 2014, 9:20pm

Who exactly are the "we" who embarked on a "project" to reach the top 5 in April Rob? Not sure too many of us feel included in that "we" because in fact "we" would have liked an ambition to finish at number one and accept a playoff place only as a consolation prize. Therefore "we" can't see any reason for sticking with a "project" that looks as though it could be already on the verge of missing its modest target.

"we" refers to the team you support by convention. Top 5 includes the one automatic promotion spot.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 65 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 6, 2014, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jimgtfc

How can people spit their dummy out saying they're not attending anymore and not expect criticism?

I don't like what I'm seeing at the minute either but it's never stopped me going before and I can't see it ever doing so.

I'm not saying I'm a better fan at all, just one that absolutely loves going to BP no matter what.

well good on you.

you keep going.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 137
ginnywings
October 6, 2014, 9:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from GrimRob

Utter rubbish. I have never said I was happy. My consistent line is we have a manager and a squad who can reach the top 5 in April. That is the project we embarked on in the summer and we should see it through. If we fall short then we review the situation in the summer. I would say a  lot of supporters broadly take this line. What we have is a small number of people with extreme views flooding the forums with one point of view to give a false impressions of the balance of opinion, you see it all the time on the Internet.

I do wish you would stop persisting with this argument. It is not a small number of people. I know dozens of Town fans and most of them want Hurst gone and are not happy with the dire football on offer. None of them post on this or any other internet forum.

Hurst has won 16 games in 44 We have won 4 out of the last 10 games. That is not the stats of a winning manager and is not just a recent thing. It goes back for months to last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 137
Mariners_15
October 6, 2014, 9:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

I do wish you would stop persisting with this argument. It is not a small number of people. I know dozens of Town fans and most of them want Hurst gone and are not happy with the dire football on offer. None of them post on this or any other internet forum.

Hurst has won 16 games in 44 We have won 4 out of the last 10 games. That is not the stats of a winning manager and is not just a recent thing. It goes back for months to last season.

Agreed I think some people have their heads in the sand. I'd say a fair amount of fans now are wanting a change which is down to many reasons...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 137
friskneymariner
October 6, 2014, 9:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Mariners_15

Agreed I think some people have their heads in the sand. I'd say a fair amount of fans now are wanting a change which is down to many reasons...

I would say the majority of fans are not happy with the situation,with a significant number of them wanting Hurst out.

This makes tomorrow's match a turning point for Paul Hurst,it is a must win match for him.Hope the team responds accordingly.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.