Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,202 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
October 6, 2014, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82

well good on you.

you keep going.

See you at Wembley  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 137
ginnywings
October 6, 2014, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
My last post has already received three crosses.  Would those people care to put a counter argument to the facts i have provided and tell me that the results and league position are actually better than i imagine and that Hurst is doing a sterling job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 137
chaos33
October 6, 2014, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings

I do wish you would stop persisting with this argument. It is not a small number of people. I know dozens of Town fans and most of them want Hurst gone and are not happy with the dire football on offer. None of them post on this or any other internet forum.

Hurst has won 16 games in 44 We have won 4 out of the last 10 games. That is not the stats of a winning manager and is not just a recent thing. It goes back for months to last season.

I think, if we were to plot the morale of all Town fans on a line from 1 to 10, with 1 denoting 'very satisfield and hopeful and fully behind Hurst and Fenty', and 10 being utterly dejected, disillusioned and insistent on managerial/regime change', then the vast majority of supporters will be occupying points 5 - 9. You could say this is merely guess work and not in the least bit scientific - fair enough, but I've got eyes and ears and a mind of my own, and I detect that there is very little unequivocal support for the current set-up. Lose tomorrow, and the club and the suporters will be a loggerheads.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 137
ackomariner
October 6, 2014, 10:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
My last post has already received three crosses.  Would those people care to put a counter argument to the facts i have provided and tell me that the results and league position are actually better than i imagine and that Hurst is doing a sterling job?

It's not the morons Ginny  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 137
October 6, 2014, 10:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

I do wish you would stop persisting with this argument. It is not a small number of people. I know dozens of Town fans and most of them want Hurst gone and are not happy with the dire football on offer. None of them post on this or any other internet forum.

Hurst has won 16 games in 44 We have won 4 out of the last 10 games. That is not the stats of a winning manager and is not just a recent thing. It goes back for months to last season.

I agree, I am not aware of any of my Town supporting mates who are behind Hurst now. I simply don't believe in him anymore.
Reply: 74 - 137
ackomariner
October 6, 2014, 10:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chaos33

I think, if we were to plot the morale of all Town fans on a line from 1 to 10, with 1 denoting 'very satisfield and hopeful and fully behind Hurst and Fenty', and 10 being utterly dejected, disillusioned and insistent on managerial/regime change', then the vast majority of supporters will be occupying points 5 - 9. You could say this is merely guess work and not in the least bit scientific - fair enough, but I've got eyes and ears and a mind of my own, and I think there is very little unequivocal support for the current set-up. Lose tomorrow, and the club and the suporters will be a loggerheads.

Think the fans are already at loggerheads chaos, definite split between fans.

As for your first part from 1 to 10 .....I'm at 10  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 137
TAGG
October 6, 2014, 10:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,967
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from ginnywings

GrlmRob will keep putting his head in the sand and denying the fact that there is now a clear majority of fans wanting Hurst out.
Even he is coming over to the dark side though he did say if we didn't get 9 points from the last 4 games (last game tomorrow) he would 'twist' with the manager. Without him answering what he means by 'twist' I can only surmise that he means sack him because 7 points is the maximum we can get now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 137
BIGChris
October 6, 2014, 10:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from chaos33

I think, if we were to plot the morale of all Town fans on a line from 1 to 10, with 1 denoting 'very satisfield and hopeful and fully behind Hurst and Fenty', and 10 being utterly dejected, disillusioned and insistent on managerial/regime change', then the vast majority of supporters will be occupying points 5 - 9. You could say this is merely guess work and not in the least bit scientific - fair enough, but I've got eyes and ears and a mind of my own, and I think there is very little unequivocal support for the current set-up. Lose tomorrow, and the club and the suporters will be a loggerheads.

I'd agree with that but i desperately want us to win tomorrow and hope we can be brave and set our stall out from the 1st minute to take the game to them. I would like nothing more than  us show the form we did against Gateshead & Alfreton and the style of the first 45 at Halifax.

Speaking to people at Dartford those in favour of change were in the minority, not hugely so, but still a majority wanting to stick at the present time. I didnt ask many after the game!!
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 137
ginnywings
October 6, 2014, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris

I'd agree with that but i desperately want us to win tomorrow and hope we can be brave and set our stall out from the 1st minute to take the game to them. I would like nothing more than  us show the form we did against Gateshead & Alfreton and the style of the first 45 at Halifax.

Speaking to people at Dartford those in favour of change were in the minority, not hugely so, but still a majority wanting to stick at the present time. I didnt ask many after the game!!

I also desperately want us to win tomorrow and keep on winning but i fear we won't because we are simply not potent enough, or have enough attacking options.

Two very tough away games coming up also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 137
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2014, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

Think that I'm a 9
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.