Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 340 Guests

Has he gone yet ?

This thread currently has 17,200 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BIGChris

Will be interesting how many go tonight. Weather isnt great and i would be surprised if we get 3000

I think around the 2900 mark, I know of at least 5 who would be going tonight usually but just have not got the motivation chris.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 137
ginnywings
October 7, 2014, 9:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
For me, going to the match is a social occasion and has always been as part of a group. That group had slowly dwindled to just me and my brother. Last Tuesday he said he couldn't be arsed anymore, so i didn't go either. It's bad enough watching shite football but doing it sat on your own is even worse. If he hasn't changed his mind from last week, then i shall be missing my third home game on the trot by choice. Can't ever remember that happening in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 137
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings
For me, going to the match is a social occasion and has always been as part of a group. That group had slowly dwindled to just me and my brother. Last Tuesday he said he couldn't be arsed anymore, so i didn't go either. It's bad enough watching shite football but doing it sat on your own is even worse. If he hasn't changed his mind from last week, then i shall be missing my third home game on the trot by choice. Can't ever remember that happening in the past

Exactly the same for me.

I cant really remember the last time I missed 2 home games on the spin and not really felt gutted.

I have been sucked dry by GTFC of all motivation.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 137
Grantham_Mariner
October 7, 2014, 10:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
I've got a season ticket, but have got a £60 job I can do instead tonight. Tonight I will be at BP but not sure I will be next time. So PH / JF and the players you have got until next month (1 Nov home to Dartford) to change my mind.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 137
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 7, 2014, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Ah the old striker debate. I for one believe hurst has been very very naive in this area. His lack of expertise in knowing what a good striker is? I don't think so, any defensive player/manager should know from first hand experience what a good striker is all about. Players were mentioned during the summer about season long loans from clubs such as Leicester and Sunderland with those at the top saying how important it could be. Did this not happen due to hurst digging his heels in and only wanting his own people/targets?

As for what hurst has brought to the club in the form of wembley and 2 playoff appearances, I am very thankful for. Great wins against local rivals and cup runs. But, the inept tactical knowledge is starting to show. You've brought stability to the club, but unfortunately, the fans strive for more.

So is hurst the man to take us forward?????? I think tonight could have a big say

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 137
Garth
October 7, 2014, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Hurst can spin it all he likes but its a must win tonight for him IMO so he had better treat it as such, no bull about how good the opposition are just go out and win it FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 137
TAGG
October 7, 2014, 10:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

The supporters were blamed by JF in the summer for their role in turning players away from the club:
"Would you join a club where the fans run you down. Rodman, Jennings and trialists to name a few when trying to clinch a deal. Sickening!!!!!!! you think its just about money!!!!!!"

See: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1405678628/s-880357//id-880357#num8

What a load of balderdash that bloke comes out with at times.
Would you join a club that has been run down by Fenty for more than a decade and is going nowhere fast under his stewardship??????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 137
RoboCod
October 7, 2014, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from GrimRob

The best gauge of public opinion is numbers through the turnstile.

My gauge is my son, now 12. He's been Town mad, always up for going to see the family in Gy and take in a game. That's ebbed away to almost nothing now and that's a real concern as we are set to lose a generation of Town fans who've seen nothing more than failure in their lifetimes. Good thing is he's not a Premier fan, just loves football, but it's slowly gone from listening to the commentary with me to playing out, skateboarding with his mates on a Sat afternoon, carefree and away from the crushing misery that is a weekend relying on Town to cheer you up. Sometimes i've joined him I I was a skateboard wizard back in the day).

When my lad perks up and sees this team putting on proper displays, showing guts and getting somewhere I'm sure he'll be back up for it, until then the attendance is down by at least 2....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 137
Quagmire
October 7, 2014, 10:51am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

The supporters were blamed by JF in the summer for their role in turning players away from the club:
"Would you join a club where the fans run you down. Rodman, Jennings and trialists to name a few when trying to clinch a deal. Sickening!!!!!!! you think its just about money!!!!!!"

See: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1405678628/s-880357//id-880357#num8

I would suggest that he himself is a far bigger reason for players not signing for the club rather than the odd comment here and there on a fans forum.

Players, managers, agents all talk; players share the same agents.  Maybe it's Fenty's 'image' amongst the football world that is hindering our chances of signing some players?

JF described the Makofo signing as 'disasterous' - maybe it was but you shouldn't be coming out in the press making those statements.  I'm sure the agent who handled that deal isn't exactly going to give a glowing recommendation of the club to any other player who we are interested in.

Rob Scott described him as a 'clown' last week.  Fair enough, some say  it's just sour grapes, maybe it is, but it doesn't exactly show our non-Chairman in a great light.

Macca didn't have a great deal of good words about him in his book.

Adrian Forbes:

"The former Norwich and Swansea player described Fenty as a ‘very shrewd businessman’, something which showed as he tried to secure his release from the club following interest from Hayes & Yeading and Darlington. “I didn’t have much of relationship with the Chairman over my time at the club, apart from when I was trying to gain my release from the club. It struck me then that he was a very shrewd businessman with a real passion to always be right. Now whilst this scared a few people around the club, it didn’t bother or scare me one bit. I just felt he was more a businessman than a football man.”

“I do feel the club may have suffered by Mr Fenty’s view on how to run a football club but this will only become apparent over the next few months/years when we find out if a new owner can take the club forward.”

Source:  https://toogoodtogodown.wordpr.....nt-scare-me-one-bit/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 137
TAGG
October 7, 2014, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

What a load of balderdash that bloke comes out with at times.
Would you join a club that has been run down by Fenty for more than a decade and is going nowhere fast under his stewardship??????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.