Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Message for John Fenty

This thread currently has 14,925 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
October 4, 2014, 9:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
If JF has the 100 grand to spare that (my guestimate) it would cost to sack Hurst and appoint a replacement, then I'm indifferent how he spends his money as I don't think any other manager would make much difference (see Chapter 6 of Soccernomics  - Do Managers Matter? The Cult of the White Messiah). Personally if he's going to put 100 grand in I'd prefer it on strengthening the squad in January as that would almost certainly make a material difference.

Overestimate that mate. Hurst is on a one year rolling deal so what's his salary? 40k? 50k tops? Can't be on six figures. If we sack Doig too then it would add up but knowing this club, we won't go for a clean sweep and we'll go for an out of work manager so no compensation.
Reply: 40 - 154
ackomariner
October 4, 2014, 9:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MarinerWY

what seperates you from some of the others who want hurst out (TheGreatRonRafferty or chaos33 for example) is yours and a certain few other's manner to post snide, sarcastic remarks like some sort of flipping online lynch-mob having a go at people whose opinions differ from yours.

engage in the argument properly, because otherwise it's just coming across as childish.

we're all town fans, albeit town fans with different ideas on how to solve the situation we're currently in.

Go back a good few months mate and we were called morons, racists, bell ends, bullies.........say what you want, it's a forum, to do exactly that

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 154
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 4, 2014, 9:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob

I'm guessing about half that for PH, the rest for a replacement and any players he might want. I stand to be corrected  though if that is not the figure.

Rob appreciate that PH is on a rolling 12 month contract and I do not disagree with some of your estimated costs. There may however be a clause which upon termination by the club only gives PH a certain per centage of his annal salary, a bit like Moyes only got a paltry £5M when Man Utd terminated his six year contract.

I genuinely feel that the crowd will be down by a 1000 this Tuesday and this financial loss to the club will be the factor that brings his reign to an end, if he survives the board meeting on Monday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 154
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 75

Overestimate that mate. Hurst is on a one year rolling deal so what's his salary? 40k? 50k tops? Can't be on six figures. If we sack Doig too then it would add up but knowing this club, we won't go for a clean sweep and we'll go for an out of work manager so no compensation.

Signing on fee/expenses for new manager, possible compensation for new manager, transfer kitty for new manager. Then most of the players are PH players, they may see their contracts out without 100% effort if they think they won't be here next year. Might have to pay a few of them off to get them out the door.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 154
Alfie
October 4, 2014, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from 75

Pretty sure he's actually only on a six month rolling contract (http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....30-detail/story.html) so if this is still the case it'll be (relative) peanuts to get rid of him.

What about Neil Redfearn from Leeds? Highly rated young, academy coach who knows the non-league from his playing days. Did a great job for them as caretaker but got snubbed by their mad Italian president. Could be a eager to have a go at the 'big job'.

Can't make my mind up whether I want a highly rated, 'exciting', left-field appointment (someone young, eager) or a wily, old fox like Ronnie Moore. The only thing I do know is i've got no confidence in this clown and he should've gone when he stabbed his mate in the back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 154
DavidB
October 4, 2014, 9:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from jonnyboy82

you mean the likes of forza ivano and fcukthescunts and quite a few others all giving it the big un and got quite personal when I was saying hurst should go for weeks.

when ever we won (not often like) I was taunted and always got as you say silly little remarks aimed at me on here for being negative etc.

so let me say I don't care what you think and let me tell you I take no pleasure in being right but please don't try to tell me how to put my opinion across on here .

I have engaged correctly many times but sometimes its nice to give out what you have been given.

thanks.

Not by me. So why then do you think it nice to respond in this way to others regardless of whether or not they have treated you this way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 154
MarinerWY
October 4, 2014, 9:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from jonnyboy82

you mean the likes of forza ivano and fcukthescunts and quite a few others all giving it the big un and got quite personal when I was saying hurst should go for weeks.

when ever we won (not often like) I was taunted and always got as you say silly little remarks aimed at me on here for being negative etc.

so let me say I don't care what you think and let me tell you I take no pleasure in being right but please don't try to tell me how to put my opinion across on here .

I have engaged correctly many times but sometimes its nice to give out what you have been given.

thanks.

just because some people have aimed things at you in the past doesn't give you the right to do it to others, especially as those other's you've named are not the poster you directed your retort at.

"please don't try to tell me how to put my opinion across on here." you can do it however you like, however i'm telling you that i percieve it as childish and therefore have much less respect for your "arguments" when put in such a manner, than those of posters who engage in a less mammary-for-tat manner.

a question, has DavidB ever "given it the big-un" or "got personal" with you, or are you just grouping all persons who are not firmly in the hurst-out camp together, as though they are one entity?

"sorry your honour, but i punched this geezer in the street the other day. he hadn't done anything no, but last week someone punched me, so you know, it was nice to do it myself to someone else" - that won't exactly get you the "aggravated" part of assault added to your crime.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 154
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

If JF goes than our budget would take a huge nosedive and we'd have a much less competitive team. I struggle to see why anyone would want to see this, it's like saying I think I can do better without my left hand.

Wrexham do ok. They are fan owned I believe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 154
chaos33
October 4, 2014, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
See the Wrexham comparison thread.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 154
October 4, 2014, 10:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

Pretty sure he's actually only on a six month rolling contract (http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....30-detail/story.html) so if this is still the case it'll be (relative) peanuts to get rid of him.

What about Neil Redfearn from Leeds? Highly rated young, academy coach who knows the non-league from his playing days. Did a great job for them as caretaker but got snubbed by their mad Italian president. Could be a eager to have a go at the 'big job'.

Can't make my mind up whether I want a highly rated, 'exciting', left-field appointment (someone young, eager) or a wily, old fox like Ronnie Moore. The only thing I do know is i've got no confidence in this clown and he should've gone when he stabbed his mate in the back.

I'm not being funny or anything I want Hurst gone as much as you but what makes you say he stabbed Scott in the back I'm just curios?
Reply: 49 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message for John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.