friskneymariner
October 5, 2014, 5:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from arryarryarry

Would that be THE Lincoln City who haven't got any money, have lower crowds than we do and are currently only 3 points behind us?

And who are truly peed off with their manager,still would not mind Bencherife though.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 154
October 5, 2014, 5:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner21

Because he's failed miserably! And continues to fail. He's a master at failure. And the club is suffering. He's racking up debt like i don't know what. And continues to make the same mistakes. Not mention his embarrassing media kick outs.

He's cut my club to shreads so much so I'll nickname him jihad. i  John!!!

Admin do the right thing and ban this clueless helmet
Reply: 91 - 154
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2014, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob

I said in the last few years. You can't compare now with before he started it's not a fair comparison.

Name your date then. There is no point in the Fenty reign where things haven't been on a gradual slide. Oh yes, I remember, we had a manager that he pushed out of the way because he went back on a new deal. Yes 2005-6, things have improved massively since then haven't they?
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 154
GrimRob
October 5, 2014, 6:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Name your date then. There is no point in the Fenty reign where things haven't been on a gradual slide. Oh yes, I remember, we had a manager that he pushed out of the way because he went back on a new deal. Yes 2005-6, things have improved massively since then haven't they?

All I really want to know is how we can be better off spending less money NOW - as a few of the most extreme critics of the regime here pontificate - then we are currently. To my mind we have a competitive squad, one of the better managers, and a reasonable record over the last couple of seasons. We couldn't afford any of the squad or the manager with less money, the odds would be stacked against us to do as well as we even are in this season without it, we may even have to go part time for a bit.  The only real answer you get back from anyone is the usual diatribe about years of decline.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 154
grimsby pete
October 5, 2014, 6:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Mariner21

Because he's failed miserably! And continues to fail. He's a master at failure. And the club is suffering. He's racking up debt like i don't know what. And continues to make the same mistakes. Not mention his embarrassing media kick outs.

He's cut my club to shreads so much so I'll nickname him jihad. i  John!!!

You keep saying  " my club "

Well it's not yours is it?

If anything although I think of it as OUR club,

It is more John Fenty's than anybody,

How much money have you put in and how many unpaid hours have you put it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 154
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2014, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

All I really want to know is how we can be better off spending less money NOW - as a few of the most extreme critics of the regime here pontificate - then we are currently. To my mind we have a competitive squad, one of the better managers, and a reasonable record over the last couple of seasons. We couldn't afford any of the squad or the manager with less money, the odds would be stacked against us to do as well as we even are in this season without it, we may even have to go part time for a bit.  The only real answer you get back from anyone is the usual diatribe about years of decline.

Have you not read any of my posts? I've stated over and over that you can't/won't get out of this league on the cheap - not a top 10 budget, probably not a top 5 budget - I fear that you need to have a top 3 budget to get out of this league.

Usual diatribe about years of decline? However rose-tinted your specs are, we've dropped around 60 places down the league ladder plus the 8 this season under this regime. Come on, get your facts right!
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 154
GrimRob
October 5, 2014, 6:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have you not read any of my posts? I've stated over and over that you can't/won't get out of this league on the cheap - not a top 10 budget, probably not a top 5 budget - I fear that you need to have a top 3 budget to get out of this league.

Usual diatribe about years of decline? However rose-tinted your specs are, we've dropped around 60 places down the league ladder plus the 8 this season under this regime. Come on, get your facts right!

I assume you have done a thorough analysis of the available data to reach this remarkable conclusion. I seem to remember AFC Wimbledon and York getting promoted when they weren't amongst the pre-season favourites. But since you have the data to hand no doubt you will correct me.

I don't dispute the years of decline happened. I was here for them all. But they have nothing to do with the answer to my question.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 96 - 154
KingstonMariner
October 5, 2014, 7:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 2578

Admin do the right thing and ban this clueless helmet

Oh hello Mr Putin. I didn't realise it was you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 154
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2014, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

I assume you have done a thorough analysis of the available data to reach this remarkable conclusion. I seem to remember AFC Wimbledon and York getting promoted when they weren't amongst the pre-season favourites. But since you have the data to hand no doubt you will correct me.

I don't dispute the years of decline happened. I was here for them all. But they have nothing to do with the answer to my question.

Of course outsiders get promoted but more often than not, the clubs with the biggest budgets are the most successful. Being as you're prepared to bet on us to lose, I'm sure that you have had this months housekeeping budget on Burnley to win the Prem. Informed opinion suggests that we need a stronger budget to get of the Conference, especially if we employ a manager who's short on tactics, team selection and charisma.

Regarding the decline, are you rescinding the word 'diatribe' now that you've admitted it happened? Let's not let the facts get in the way.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 154
arryarryarry
October 5, 2014, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Quoted from MarinerWY

For christ's sake, grow up. What are you hoping to acheive by snidely attacking fellow fans whose opinions just happen to differ to yours?

Oh for fucksake get a life you muppet it was a joke.

Private Message
Reply: 99 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message for John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.