KingstonMariner
October 4, 2014, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

I said in the last few years. You can't compare now with before he started it's not a fair comparison.

Sorry Rob but you can't draw the line where it suits your argument. If the debate is about the pros and cons of John Fenty's reign/involvement you have to take the whole period surely.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 154
ginnywings
October 5, 2014, 12:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sorry Rob but you can't draw the line where it suits your argument. If the debate is about the pros and cons of John Fenty's reign/involvement you have to take the whole period surely.

Yes, especially the part where we/he appointed an untried youth team coach to save us from losing our league status. That went well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 154
barralad
October 5, 2014, 7:23am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How about his obsession with Shop and dropping your best player? How do you feel we can achieve promotion with him in charge?

If you are referring to Neilson although I was surprised at him being dropped how long is it since he's been "our best player"? He certainly wasn't on Tuesday!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 154
barralad
October 5, 2014, 7:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Before he got involved, we were doing very nicely thank you. He's made countless bad decision, the last of which appears to be giving Hurst another chance. I keep saying it, promotion will not come cheap, how badly do we want it?

How many years before? 5,10? When he "got involved" we were looking down the barrel of a very large calibre gun.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 154
GrimRob
October 5, 2014, 9:11am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Of course you can! You can't change the past but you can the future. It seems absurd to me to say you don't want someone's money when they are doing everything they reasonably can with it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 154
October 5, 2014, 9:50am
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

Pretty sure he's actually only on a six month rolling contract (http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....30-detail/story.html) so if this is still the case it'll be (relative) peanuts to get rid of him.

What about Neil Redfearn from Leeds? Highly rated young, academy coach who knows the non-league from his playing days. Did a great job for them as caretaker but got snubbed by their mad Italian president. Could be a eager to have a go at the 'big job'.

Can't make my mind up whether I want a highly rated, 'exciting', left-field appointment (someone young, eager) or a wily, old fox like Ronnie Moore. The only thing I do know is i've got no confidence in this clown and he should've gone when he stabbed his mate in the back.

If we get Relegation Redfearn I'll put my foot through my PC monititor and send him the bill.
Reply: 65 - 154
Quagmire
October 5, 2014, 10:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

Of course you can! You can't change the past but you can the future. It seems absurd to me to say you don't want someone's money when they are doing everything they reasonably can with it.

The club aren't getting this money for free, it's being continually added to his benign loans, saddling the club with even more debt.

You can't change the past no, but as Einstein said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Whatever the length of his reign you look at, the only trajectory is downwards.  8 years ago we had just lost out in the play off final for a return to League One, we're now a mid table non league side in our fifth season in the Conference saddled with even more debt.

There is absolutely nothing in JF's record to suggest he is capable of taking the club forward.  If it was a managers record you were looking at nobody would even consider employing him with only relegations and excessive spending on his CV.

Write your loans off, hand that 200k worth of shares back to the Trust, and offer to sell your shares pound for pound, then we'll see the possibility of the club going forward - but whilst JF and his 'benign' loans remain nobody is going to be interested in taking the club on and driving it forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 154
LongEatonMariner
October 5, 2014, 10:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I don't understand why people think fenty should give it all up, lose everything he has out in, while, particularly while there is not even a whiff of a takeover / new backer / paymaster / sugar daddy / oligarch / etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 154
Mariner21
October 5, 2014, 11:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
I don't understand why people think fenty should give it all up, lose everything he has out in, while, particularly while there is not even a whiff of a takeover / new backer / paymaster / sugar daddy / oligarch / etc

Because he's failed miserably! And continues to fail. He's a master at failure. And the club is suffering. He's racking up debt like i don't know what. And continues to make the same mistakes. Not mention his embarrassing media kick outs.

He's cut my club to shreads so much so I'll nickname him jihad. i  John!!!

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 154
MarinerWY
October 5, 2014, 11:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,985
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Mariner21

He's cut my club to shreads so much so I'll nickname him jihadi  John!!!

the fishy hyperbole hits new levels...
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message for John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.