16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
October 4, 2014, 8:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
I said a while ago that the board wanted hurst gone after the playoffs, and fenty said ok but he's not stumping up the 40k it would've cost the club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 154
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner
I said a while ago that the board wanted hurst gone after the playoffs, and fenty said ok but he's not stumping up the 40k it would've cost the club.

you'll have to have a bucket collection next week then  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 154
friskneymariner
October 4, 2014, 8:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
If true that was a very short sight decision,how much will keeping Hurst cost us us in declining gates receipts.

Mr Fenty please take notice of the posters on her that have considerable insight into the problems of the club.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 154
1mickylyons
October 4, 2014, 9:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters

100k on top of 3 million, if he was playing poker, would it be time to go all in?

You have to wonder in all seriousness why JF did not go all in this Summer when he saw all the runners the League was up for grabs and 2-3 high profile signings (the type to make the hair stand up on your neck) would have seen us romp the League. I still think we could go up if JF gets rid of this negative tactically clueless incumbent we have holding the reigns at present and gets someone in who can gee the players and fans up.A winning Town side will attract gates in excess of 4500 even in the League GET ON WITH IT.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 154
KK_DOG
October 4, 2014, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
We have done the management merrygoround before. Hurst will come good again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 154
Henryscat
October 4, 2014, 9:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I can only presume that as a previously very successful businessman JF insists of having key performance indicators in the manager's contract.

I can also only presume home attendance is one of these KPIs and we may see action should this be sub 3000 on Tuesday.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 154
MarinerWY
October 4, 2014, 9:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I think his rose tinters have steamed up.

he cant see intercourse all.

what seperates you from some of the others who want hurst out (TheGreatRonRafferty or chaos33 for example) is yours and a certain few other's manner to post snide, sarcastic remarks like some sort of flipping online lynch-mob having a go at people whose opinions differ from yours.

engage in the argument properly, because otherwise it's just coming across as childish.

we're all town fans, albeit town fans with different ideas on how to solve the situation we're currently in.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 154
jonnyboy82
October 4, 2014, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from KK_DOG
We have done the management merrygoround before. Hurst will come good again.

Its hardly the management merrygoround when he has been here for nearly 4 years is it ?

times up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 154
Nelly GTFC
October 4, 2014, 9:08pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Do they still include season ticket holders within the attendance even if they don't turn up?

They say a true supporter supports the team through thick and thin, I can't even be arrsed to turn up on Tuesday at the moment even though it's paid for, maybe I'll feel different in a few days.  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 154
jonnyboy82
October 4, 2014, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MarinerWY

what seperates you from some of the others who want hurst out (TheGreatRonRafferty or chaos33 for example) is your manner to post snide, sarcastic remarks like some sort of flipping online lynching of people whose opinions differ from yours.

engage in the argument properly, because otherwise it's just coming across as childish.

we're all town fans, albeit town fans with different ideas on how to solve the situation we're currently in.

you mean the likes of forza ivano and fcukthescunts and quite a few others all giving it the big un and got quite personal when I was saying hurst should go for weeks.

when ever we won (not often like) I was taunted and always got as you say silly little remarks aimed at me on here for being negative etc.

so let me say I don't care what you think and let me tell you I take no pleasure in being right but please don't try to tell me how to put my opinion across on here .

I have engaged correctly many times but sometimes its nice to give out what you have been given.

thanks.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message for John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.