16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 8:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1739

Hurst wont be on a contract worth 100 grand. He is on a rolling contract isn't he?

I'm guessing about half that for PH, the rest for a replacement and any players he might want. I stand to be corrected  though if that is not the figure.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 154
1mickylyons
October 4, 2014, 8:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from GrimRob

I agreee if it works then it's money well spent, the problem is Fenty has to dip his hand in his pocket now with no guarantee of success. And what the chapter in that book I keep on harping on about says is statistically that changing managers on average makes very little difference - as it hasn't for us in our recent history.

I am glad I don't have  to decide anyway. I suspect the current situaton is not bad enough to tempt him (and the rest of the board) but who knows.

Well JF normally reacts when the clamour gets to about the level it`s at tonight I would think anything less than a convincing win Tuesday he will be gone for sure but if there is a meeting Monday it may be sooner? League Tables don't lie Rob and worryingly with the fixtures weve had so far I would argue we should be neck and neck with Barnet not 12 points behind!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 154
friskneymariner
October 4, 2014, 8:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38

Yes it would. Those extra defenders Hurst would sign would probably be worth another 2 or 3 points to us by May.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 154
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 8:51pm

Quoted from kingster72
If JF is reading, as well as Hurst's exit, please plan your own exit strategy.  We keep thinking you can't take this club any lower than you have, but you keep going one better each time with awful decisions every time. You spout on  about saving the club financially, nonsense, you've killed it, all for your own ego.  Step away please!

If JF goes than our budget would take a huge nosedive and we'd have a much less competitive team. I struggle to see why anyone would want to see this, it's like saying I think I can do better without my left hand.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 23 - 154
grimsby pete
October 4, 2014, 8:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Abdul19

Based on?

He might be the Scottish Mourinho, but that's guesswork!

Based on the Scots are not very good at playing football,

BUT

Are the best in this country at managing clubs,

Would you like a list  

I did say if we do not have anybody lined up,

I do not think it will be a backward step giving it to him until we can get the right man in.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 154
1mickylyons
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from chaos33
Maybe there's something to be said about attendances. This aspect will drive the decision I think. If people start voting with their feet then the pressure will mount. I think it's almost certain that there'll be less than 3000 there on Tuesday. Maybe as few as 2500. If that result is anything other than a win, I can't see that there would be anywhere left to go.

For me, there's a small window of opportunity to act and give a new manager a chance to address the shortcomings and save the season. If we dally much longer, we'll be too far adrift and running out of time. The writing is on the wall and Hurst has had long enough. We are going round in circles.

The bigger problem that I've got is that I've got no faith in the owner.

Excellent post and I agree a crowd under 2900 on Tuesday will cause panic and I think Town will struggle to pull in 3k after the Southport game and todays result?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 154
jonnyboy82
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33
Maybe there's something to be said about attendances. This aspect will drive the decision I think. If people start voting with their feet, then the decision will effectively make itself. I think it's almost certain that there'll be less than 3000 there on Tuesday. Maybe as few as 2500. If that result is anything other than a win, I can't see that there would be anywhere left to go.

For me, there's a small window of opportunity to act and give a new manager a chance to address the shortcomings and save the season. If we dally much longer, we'll be too far adrift and running out of time. The writing is on the wall and Hurst has had long enough. We are going round in circles.

I agree about the attendance will be a massive indicator.

I know at least 5 who wont be going on Tuesday including me, its nothing im proud of but I have lost any buzz I used to have over the last few years cant go to watch the same excrement over and over until something is done.

I say anything below 2500 is a massive vote of no confidence.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 154
MuddyWaters
October 4, 2014, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob

I agreee if it works then it's money well spent, the problem is Fenty has to dip his hand in his pocket now with no guarantee of success. And what the chapter in that book I keep on harping on about says is statistically that changing managers on average makes very little difference - as it hasn't for us in our recent history.

I am glad I don't have  to decide anyway. I suspect the current situaton is not bad enough to tempt him (and the rest of the board) but who knows.

100k on top of 3 million, if he was playing poker, would it be time to go all in?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 154
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 8:54pm

Quoted from chaos33
Maybe there's something to be said about attendances. This aspect will drive the decision I think. If people start voting with their feet then the pressure will mount. I think it's almost certain that there'll be less than 3000 there on Tuesday. Maybe as few as 2500. If that result is anything other than a win, I can't see that there would be anywhere left to go.

I agree attendances are the key thing. PH/RS added about 500-700 to the gate, we're still not at the 3000 level they were before they came but if they fall close to that then the board may act.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 28 - 154
chaos33
October 4, 2014, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I was going to drive over from North Yorkshire, but I'm not now.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message for John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.