Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'Cheer up the Tories are coming'.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

'Cheer up the Tories are coming'.

This thread currently has 97,363 views. Print
74 Pages Prev ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TimMickleburgh
February 8, 2010, 9:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
You forget David I am the Oracle on everything local.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 520 - 736
TimMickleburgh
February 8, 2010, 10:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from oldfootballer
[/b]
How do you know Angus Davidson, he was a great friend of mine and a very good footballer who should never have been realeased from Town, made his debut for Town against West Ham United in a night football league cup match at Blundel Park and all three World Cup winners played for West Ham that night Geof Hurst, Martin Peters, and the great Bobby Moore, Town I think drew that night not to sure about that but we got beat in the second leg I believe.
OLDFOOTBALLER

I can remember that match there was some dispute about offside before Geoff Hurst scored.Mind you Dave I thought it was a bit much you were still marking him three years ago when he came on a promotional visit to Nisa.I managed to get his autograph to add to my 1972 champions collection of Town players.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 521 - 736
TimMickleburgh
February 8, 2010, 10:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Football was great in them days.the ground was packed,the buses were full,the Imp was heaving and the music was fab.I used to go in the Ritz Cafe just to glimpse my heroes I actually had a hamster called Boylen after my favourite player.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 522 - 736
1mickylyons
February 8, 2010, 10:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from TimMickleburgh
Football was great in them days.the ground was packed,the buses were full,the Imp was heaving and the music was fab.I used to go in the Ritz Cafe just to glimpse my heroes I actually had a hamster called Boylen after my favourite player.

Lol if you had known he was to become a Councillor in later years Tim would you still have named it Boylen or where you a Man ahead of the game even in those days and getting your retaliation in early on one of the Political powerhouses of local wards?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 523 - 736
TimMickleburgh
February 8, 2010, 10:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
So when you weigh it up what does Grangemariner know about me and following your favourites?Life is short, our great club is dabbling its toes in the Blue Square league. All these marvellous moments and wonderful skilfull players that have occurred on the Blundell Park pitch could become distant memories unless these players can pull this club out of the mire and enter themselves into legend.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 524 - 736
spoony
February 9, 2010, 7:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +2
[img]http://www.chocolatefantasies.com/Superfun-Balloon.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JjTyX.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 525 - 736
paulfcb
February 9, 2010, 9:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -1
What an interesting thread!  

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7963/2b828cb242c94be8aa72821il0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 526 - 736
TimMickleburgh
February 9, 2010, 7:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
I just hope the team can go on from last Saturday and take three points from Bradford.Incidentally Bradford were the first football team to have a fanzine,it was called the" City Gent".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 527 - 736
1mickylyons
February 9, 2010, 7:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from TimMickleburgh
I just hope the team can go on from last Saturday and take three points from Bradford.Incidentally Bradford were the first football team to have a fanzine,it was called the" City Gent".

They were also the first team to have a Marvin Hagler lookalike running their mob but he wasnt a City Gent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 528 - 736
kingofthekippers
February 9, 2010, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Fucking hell, is this still going?

At this rate we'll be seeing the ghost of Roy Castle tap dancing round Blundell Park singing that this thread was a 'shit-stirring, bull-shitting, piss-taking split-personality Record Breakerrrrrrr!'

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 529 - 736
74 Pages Prev ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'Cheer up the Tories are coming'.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.