Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,845 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 19, 2024, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,418
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah but in reality what does that mean? Is it obvious? Generally when you accept responsibility you actually do something. Just saying that isn’t a get out of jail free card I think.

Seems very ambiguous.

I think it's fairly clear. They accept responsibility for the excrement we are in.
They are doing something, at the minute they are sticking with him, it's just not the thing you and most of us want them to do.
I'd have liked them to let Hurst have the window, but they make the decisions, for which they're accepting responsibility.
I want them to sack him, but ultimately it's their choice. I see it as a momentary vote of confidence, you don't make a statement like that if you're not considering a sacking. Lose Saturday and I think he will be gone, they will be preparing for having to sack him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 412
Zmariner
February 19, 2024, 9:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,132
Gold Stars: 44
In fairness to the owners, this is a very difficult position.
Do you let Artell have another away game? As he believes the problem is the home form or do you pull the trigger?
I completely get why they would procrastinate. The stakes are very high as it will be very difficult to shift season tickets for a third stint in the national league. The support base is very tired and me and my mates would be extremely unlikely to commit to season tickets to watch Borehamwood and Dorking. Therefore, the owners would stand to lose a lot of money if our sentiments are reflected across the fan base which I fear they are. A third dip into the National League proves that we are not able to sustain a football league team killing the point of promotion back to the EFL. Very tough position but clubs have been in this position before and clawed back. Our issue is that morale is unbelievably low after what for me has been the worst run of home  form I have seen. My mates in different parts of the country no longer take the Mickey, we are beyond being a laughing stock! Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 9:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Zmariner
In fairness to the owners, this is a very difficult position.
Do you let Artell have another away game? As he believes the problem is the home form or do you pull the trigger?
I completely get why they would procrastinate. The stakes are very high as it will be very difficult to shift season tickets for a third stint in the national league. The support base is very tired and me and my mates would be extremely unlikely to commit to season tickets to watch Borehamwood and Dorking. Therefore, the owners would stand to lose a lot of money if our sentiments are reflected across the fan base which I fear they are. A third dip into the National League proves that we are not able to sustain a football league team killing the point of promotion back to the EFL. Very tough position but clubs have been in this position before and clawed back. Our issue is that morale is unbelievably low after what for me has been the worst run of home  form I have seen. My mates in different parts of the country no longer take the Mickey, we are beyond being a laughing stock! Utm

I think everyone has a different mindset. There are some who are already stopping going, some who are against renewing STs if we go back down and many who won't renew anyway because they're fed up with the excrement being served up on a much too regular basis.

No one expected this season to pan out like this. I imagine the owners especially.
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 412
chaos33
February 19, 2024, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Even if some folk have turned it in already, we’re not going short of support. Home or away. BP was full on Saturday. Shame then (and I pick that word deliberately) that they are, time and again, having to spend their Saturday afternoon and substantial sums of money on being humiliated,, ripped off, let down and infuriated. The great tragedy of this current predicament is the appalling waste of that collective energy and resource and the way that everyone associated with Grimsby Town - loyal and patient and bursting to cheer and applaud (or at least, to share in some sort of collective pride, win lose or draw)…..is being smashed in the face with incompetence and general sh1ness. Repeatedly. And no decisive action taken.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 412
February 19, 2024, 9:58am
Guest User
Although I don’t agree with it, I can understand why he’s being given until the Morecambe game. And I hope we win. But I don’t believe it.

Occurred to me yesterday that we’re dealing with a bloke who likely has a family and kids or nephews/nieces who look up to him. It’s a sh1t business and I hate it when it collapses like this.
Reply: 244 - 412
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 10:04am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 140381
Occurred to me yesterday that we’re dealing with a bloke who likely has a family and kids or nephews/nieces who look up to him. It’s a sh1t business and I hate it when it collapses like this.

It's hardly a disgrace for a football manager to get the sack. It's the norm and it's a big payday for the individual. He'll no doubt construct some narrative to say what happened and tell it all to his friends and family freeing him of most of the blame.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 245 - 412
chaos33
February 19, 2024, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
From a human point of view, ending it now would be best for everyone, and I include him in that. I haven’t taken to him and it’s not working at all, and can’t, from what I know, but I don’t want him to get loads of verbal abuse. That’s really not right. He’s a person with feelings and a family. If it gets worse, and we will lose to Morecambe, then the toxicity engulfs even more people and more intensively. As I said in another thread; the owners can’t want that to exist in their organisation. Failure, fury and abuse. It’s really ugly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 412
Poojah
February 19, 2024, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,153
Gold Stars: 1,551
Quoted from 140381
Although I don’t agree with it, I can understand why he’s being given until the Morecambe game. And I hope we win. But I don’t believe it.

Genuine question, what logic do you see in giving Artell the Morecambe game? I have to say, I’m struggling to find any argument whatsoever, personally.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 412
February 19, 2024, 10:11am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

It's hardly a disgrace for a football manager to get the sack. It's the norm and it's a big payday for the individual. He'll no doubt construct some narrative to say what happened and tell it all to his friends and family freeing him of most of the blame.

It’s not so much the sack I’m referring to, more the abuse side of things - he was getting it direct as I walked out after the fourth goal. I’m sure he’s far more thick skinned than I am.
Reply: 248 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 140381

It’s only on the same level as him telling various players that they’re free to leave.
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.