Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,555 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from tarka

I'm not Marxist and you're still a wazzock.

#GreaterTogether and all that?
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 412
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
We’ll lose to Morecambe - I think that’s an absolute certainty with DA, but I think there’ll be a big crowd for FGR. If he’s still in charge for that game, and we’ve been tonked at Morecambe it will go off in BP in ugly and toxic style if we go behind/lose. The owners can avoid this of course, if they act now and remove him. It’s the only way.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 412
Swansea_Mariner
February 18, 2024, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
I can't wrap my head around what they think is going to change next week, if its purely about the money then that's shocking decision making. This is not the time to for ostrich management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 412
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2024, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,078
Gold Stars: 238
I’m appreciate what JS & AP have done as clearly it’s made a massive difference overall and I still have faith in them to do the right thing. If we lose v FGR I suspect that will be it for Artell.

At first I wasn’t too worried about the tweet and did reply about our PPG under Artel versus what’s required across the next 15 games.

Actually though the more I dwell on it the more it’s triggered me, over 6,000+ Town supporters “dug in” yesterday and have been digging in good numbers despite a cost of living crisis all this season & amazingly have been all the way through the Artell debacle.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 412
Heisenberg
February 18, 2024, 7:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 97
Just as a minor comment, I have never seen such comprehensive agreement on anything to do with town. I was totally behind Artell, personally, and wanted so badly for him to succeed, but it ain’t happening. In fact, what IS happening is cataclysmic. Yesterday changed my perspective - this cannot go on.

What an awful, awful situation we’ve had put upon us. Sometimes I wonder what we’ve done wrong in a past life (and I’m not a believer in any of that cack).

I just hope we stay up, but I can’t see it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 412
Mappers
February 18, 2024, 7:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.40
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,567
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m appreciate what JS & AP have done as clearly it’s made a massive difference overall and I still have faith in them to do the right thing. If we lose v FGR I suspect that will be it for Artell.

At first I wasn’t too worried about the tweet and did reply about our PPG under Artel versus what’s required across the next 15 games.

Actually though the more I dwell on it the more it’s triggered me, over 6,000+ Town supporters “dug in” yesterday and have been digging in good numbers despite a cost of living crisis all this season & amazingly have been all the way through the Artell debacle.

Yesterday the fans went above and beyond , the atmosphere was good (best in recent memory I thought) even at 2-0 we stuck behind the team , can't ask for much more than that after all the recent roastings . It was only after the 4th that things switched to negative/toxic . The only 'digging in' should be out of Stockwood & Pettits pockets to pay off Artell as I can't see how he turns it around at all - bad players who he's obviously lost with his 'methods' and I think he's already managed to lose the fans ; it would take winning 5 or 6 on the spin to get us back onside , we have only won 6 all season so that seems highly unlikely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 412
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,983
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Heisenberg
Just as a minor comment, I have never seen such comprehensive agreement on anything to do with town. I was totally behind Artell, personally, and wanted so badly for him to succeed, but it ain’t happening. In fact, what IS happening is cataclysmic. Yesterday changed my perspective - this cannot go on.

What an awful, awful situation we’ve had put upon us. Sometimes I wonder what we’ve done wrong in a past life (and I’m not a believer in any of that cack).

I just hope we stay up, but I can’t see it.

Agreed, it’s remarkable the extent to which some of the more ‘Artell in’ posters have turned over the last couple of weeks and understandably so after the recent horrors.

There’s no going back now, he’s lost the fans. It’s very much a case of when, not if he leaves this season.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 412
February 18, 2024, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't know if I am reading that correctly but is he saying they accept responsibility for having negative comments said against them but not accepting they are responsible for us being 3rd from bottom of the EFL and looking at the National League again?

You really need to read a statement properly.  This is what he said, "No one is happy about where we are at after the effort of the last 3 years. As owners we accept responsibility, and your right to negative comments!"

That says as plain as day that they accept responsibility.  Don't try to twist his words to suit your narrative.

Reply: 217 - 412
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2024, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,078
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from 123614

You really need to read a statement properly.  This is what he said, "No one is happy about where we are at after the effort of the last 3 years. As owners we accept responsibility, and your right to negative comments!"

That says as plain as day that they accept responsibility.  Don't try to twist his words to suit your narrative.

But what does accepting responsibility mean?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 412
February 18, 2024, 9:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But what does accepting responsibility mean?

Fairly obvious I would think.  They accept responsibility for the position we are in now!  That's how it looks to me.

Reply: 219 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.