10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
March 10, 2021, 10:49am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Rick12

I agree in part with the pair of you. Catholicism throughout the ages has deviated in part from what Jesus  originally came to do which was try to create a better society for all.

As in anything in life human will/construct will get it wrong. Its why and I have huge admiration and love for Pope Francis whose trying to weed out the malignant aspect of the Catholic church. As well as coming down strong on paedophile priests he has also tried to clear up financial irregularities  since he became Pope in 2013. Likewise this desire to change things has made him unpopular in some Catholic circles .

The thing I admire about Pope Francis is the way he models himself on St Francis of Assisi the Italian saint that gave up a life of wealth to help the poor in the name of Jesus.

A further example of Pope Francis true sense of authenticity  and warmth and his strong belief in Jesus was going to a prison and washing and kissing the feet of prisoners. He done this as he was trying to mimic Jesus in his humbleness  before God  as Jesus  done when he kissed and washed the feet of his 12 apostles.

I never thought I’d say this but please can we talk about the royal family. Seriously: go and find a RC forum and talk to them about it. Very few people care on here.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
Rick12
March 10, 2021, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LH

I never thought I’d say this but please can we talk about the royal family. Seriously: go and find a RC forum and talk to them about it. Very few people care on here.
Ok LH. I was only debating Kingston again   on a point I raised with regards to the royal family and the connections the English once had to the Catholic faith. It all went of track from there.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 10, 2021, 11:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Why do Catholics eat Bacon, and Sausages, and Pork chops, and fish from the sea? Surely Jesus, as a jew, wouldn't have eaten these things because his Dad told jews not to. When did the Catholic church decide to turn a blind eye to this. The big one for me though is the fact that Jesus never talked about his step-dad, the guy that brought him up. Isn't the truth that Jesus was infact some Jewish nutjob who told people that his dad was God and he was conceived immaculately. So he went about preaching some stuff that people then put their own interpretation on to suit their needs and then they tried to rule the world in his name.

Sounds almost like Germany in the thirties.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
Rick12
March 10, 2021, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Why do Catholics eat Bacon, and Sausages, and Pork chops, and fish from the sea? Surely Jesus, as a jew, wouldn't have eaten these things because his Dad told jews not to. When did the Catholic church decide to turn a blind eye to this. The big one for me though is the fact that Jesus never talked about his step-dad, the guy that brought him up. Isn't the truth that Jesus was infact some Jewish nutjob who told people that his dad was God and he was conceived immaculately. So he went about preaching some stuff that people then put their own interpretation on to suit their needs and then they tried to rule the world in his name.

I sense there's a part of you that's trying to get your head round what Jesus said which is good but your way  of the mark.  Iam not sure about bacon and sausages as Ive never heard that line of reasoning before. Likewise equating Jesus to Germany in the 30s is bordering on madness. Jesus and 1930s Germany are poles apart in ideology's. The equivalent  of light and dark. As for Jesus  being a madman I think you need to  examine your consciousness and read Marks gospel. You will see the earliest gospel is a good account of what Jesus stood for .

Jesus was a radical Jew .I doubt he ever said he was born immaculately. That was more of a symbolic thing in that he said he came from God the mystery where all things originated from at the start of the universe.

Jesus went beyond the rituals of Judaism and tried to follow the source of it all eg God the divine energy that started this whole universe off. Likewise trying to help others do good and follow the right path  best sums him up.

This is my last message on the matter but for me its something deep to my heart as Ive seen as stated before that sometimes people need more than Psychology/medicines that heals trauma ,pain and a life of crime. Its this divine/mystery which Jesus touched into that has healed people where no other discipline has.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
DB
March 10, 2021, 2:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386

If you read the Bible then you know about Fish and Jesus and type a load of dribble. Their has been many truths which do prove of the existence of Jesus on here, and other media, but you have chosen to ignore them. I don't get how you compare Jesus with the rise nazi party, which was exactly the opposite.

I do have to give credit where it due and thank you for your evangelism. I have not read where Jesus  "told people that his dad was God and he was conceived immaculately". I am sure many people world wide would like the source of your information.

Jesus is a matter of personal choice and for me Jesus Is Lord.  Amen

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
promotion plaice
March 10, 2021, 2:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 198

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
Humbercod
March 10, 2021, 4:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

FFS not Smithy’s golden plates 🙈

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 10, 2021, 11:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

If you read the Bible then you know about Fish and Jesus and type a load of dribble. Their has been many truths which do prove of the existence of Jesus on here, and other media, but you have chosen to ignore them. I don't get how you compare Jesus with the rise nazi party, which was exactly the opposite.

I do have to give credit where it due and thank you for your evangelism. I have not read where Jesus  "told people that his dad was God and he was conceived immaculately". I am sure many people world wide would like the source of your information.

Jesus is a matter of personal choice and for me Jesus Is Lord.  Amen

A load of dribble? The fish in the story of feeding the 5000 are from the sea of Galilee an inland lake not the actual sea. Secondly did Jesus not say whilst on the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" I'm pretty sure he ain't talking to Joseph also Jesus is explicitly and implicitly described as the Son of God by himself. Thats in the Bible by the way. Do religious nutjobs not call the mother of Jesus "the Virgin
Mary"

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
DB
March 10, 2021, 11:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386

A load of dribble? The fish in the story of feeding the 5000 are from the sea of Galilee an inland lake not the actual sea. Secondly did Jesus not say whilst on the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" I'm pretty sure he ain't talking to Joseph also Jesus is explicitly and implicitly described as the Son of God by himself. Thats in the Bible by the way. Do religious nutjobs not call the mother of Jesus "the Virgin
Mary"

Fish are fish are fish, scales fins etc. Which water they swim in is really immaterial.
You said that Jesus said that he was conceived immaculately. I have not read that so where is it.
The term father is generally used, even today, as in God The Father etc.
I believe your reference  "Do religious nutjobs not call the mother of Jesus "the Virgin Mary" refers to about 2.4 billion Christians world wide. I don't think 2.4 billion people can all be nutjobs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
aldi_01
March 11, 2021, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean we’re ignoring the fact the bible is arguably a simple allegory for leading a ‘good’ life and not a factual representation of something that did or did not happen a few thousand years ago.

It’s a story with plot holes, that much is true. A vicar friend of my wife admits that, hence why the bible, in theory isn’t designed to be read in the traditional sense.

Whilst the conversation has deviated somewhat, God/the Church of England link very much to the royal family, divinity and the likes. Perhaps there’s an element of that involved for Harry? A loss of faith or the ‘forcing’ of faith because he/they are where they are Becauee of some Devine intervention? Who the intercourse knows...

The interview, whatever your beliefs and feelings of the monarchy does support the notion that the media are a flipping disagree for vast swathes of time. The fact a headline reading ‘worst royal crisis in 85 years’ was used, ignoring the fact one of the queens sons was photographed and took part in the sexual abuse of minors (allegedly, but, ya know) and then gave quite possibly one of the worst interviews ever seems unimportant...

I mean the phrase ‘lead by example’ is not something that can be used when it comes to the worthwhile elements of the family...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.