10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
March 9, 2021, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
The monarchy is a deeply political entity and has lobbied the govt continually to increase their own wealth, stolen in large part over centuries, and the current parasite in chief saw fit to get involved in the 2014 Indyref.

It’s a sick anachronism that has no place in a supposedly progressive society.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 94
codcheeky
March 9, 2021, 11:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Sandford1981
I couldn’t give a toss what those two do. Much the same as I couldn’t care less what the royal family do (apart from the obvious). None of them have any bearing on me and my life whatsoever.

The reaction from fully grown adults to two fully grown adults taking the choices they have is astonishing to me. Even more so the people that watch it-my better half included.

Each to their own of course!

Perhaps that's how it should be, however they are heads of state not only of this country but the Commonwealth, they are being paid for by us taxpayers, we cannot pretend they shouldn't be held up to scrutiny , with privilege must come responsibility, they are not just another couple, .it is affecting how the world sees this country, the image and soft power of this country relies on how we are perceived and like it not out our head of state and the respect and good will she has generated over the years is very fragile at the moment.
To not deal with these accusations and revelations is not an option for them, if the revelations had not been so shocking and at so far at odds to the image they tried to convey of a caring multicultural family they could try and brush it aside. We seem to see the same middle age white men and women rolled out to pretend there isn't institutional racism in the Uper classes of the UK
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 94
Humbercod
March 9, 2021, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Rick12
No mariner backed up by scientific facts. If a child doesn't get love in the catchment age of roughly 0-11 years children's brains will forever be impaired. Likewise as Mother Theresa said a lot of the worlds problems are caused by lack of love. Similarly I can attest to this in my work with youth offending. A lot of problems are caused by lack of genuine  parental love in a child's formative years. Look at the work the Salvation army  does as well with a lot of the homeless and drug addicts etc . If it wasn't for organisations like these founded on Jesus's guiding principles of love noone would care and many in the words of users themselves who have benefited from the Salvation army would have just committed suicide.

Most people give love to their children without the need to bring JC into it, it’s called basic human nature.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod

Most people give love to their children without the need to bring JC into it, it’s called basic human nature.
I agree Humbercod but sometimes in my experience from working with troubled youth and knowing ex criminals its only the love of Jesus that has saved people from self arm/further degeneration into the abyss and suicide.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 9, 2021, 12:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face
The monarchy is a deeply political entity and has lobbied the govt continually to increase their own wealth, stolen in large part over centuries, and the current parasite in chief saw fit to get involved in the 2014 Indyref.

That’s fine Ska, quite a number would agree with you and I would not dispute the centuries and could add some more sins to the pile. But as I said, if you want rid it’s money where your mouth is time and I don’t just mean let’s have an elected head of state. You have to invent whole new ways of doing things plus the practicalities of the royal lands and buildings that are acceptable to a goodly majority of the public.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
codcheeky
March 9, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

That’s fine Ska, quite a number would agree with you and I would not dispute the centuries and could add some more sins to the pile. But as I said, if you want rid it’s money where your mouth is time and I don’t just mean let’s have an elected head of state. You have to invent whole new ways of doing things plus the practicalities of the royal lands and buildings that are acceptable to a goodly majority of the public.

These are crown lands and should become public access places similar to national parks the buildings should go to the national trust
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from ginnywings
Do you have to shoehorn religion into every post?

How many Jesus and God references are their on The Fishy site ?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Both were voted out of office , which is exactly the point of Democracy, there is no choice to vote out the suspected nonce or any racists,  
I cannot believe they still expect people to courtesy or bow and scrape in this age.  Keep tugging the forelock !!

They were both voted in office and had a very good hidden dark side which came out during and after they left office. We know what we have with Royalty and I believe Charles, when king, wants to stream line it.

I recall a true story of American tourists asking this old lady and young man if they had seen the Queen. The old lady said hadn't but thought the young man had. The tourists didn't recognise the Queen nor did she ask them to courtesy or bow and scrape. The Queen lives in this age and knows how to act.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

I think that you will find that the monarchy has progressed more than you think over the years otherwise, for your comments, your head would no longer be attached to your body.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

And that is why Jesus is needed more than ever. While most people give love to their children their are many that don't, so turning to Jesus is better than crime and drugs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.