mariner91
March 8, 2021, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

Harry has done exactly as Edward 8th. He has turned his back on his family, his country and his comrades in the services. He choose to leave our country to go across the pond with his actress wife. She seems to put on a good show for the millions they are raking in.

He could have stayed here and stand up for his wife, but choose to run away.

At the end of the day on a thread like this you are either for or against the monarchy.  

Long live the Queen and our Monarchs after her.

Crikey, someone loves the taste of leather.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 8, 2021, 10:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from LH
Close to royal circles as well as knowing everything else about anything. Is there nothing the old white man on a lower league football forum doesn’t know?

No magic to it. Just better at disseminating truth from fiction.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
DB
March 8, 2021, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
I wish Harry and Megan a long and happy life together, but why didn't they stay here at Frogmore House. They didn't have to go to Canada and now USA. They didn't have to go on a talk show knowing it would be shown worldwide.

This stunt is all about making money for them. They decided to uproot across the pond presumably because Megan wanted to. According to some reports she has hardly seen her father or other siblings, so it's not as if she is missing her family.

If Harry wanted out, great I'm happy and pleased for him. If he no longer wants to be apart of the royal family it's fine with me that's his choice and I respect him for it.

There are many countries where they could have gone to and lived a quite life together with Archie. They choose the USA knowing they would be above the status of "A" listers.

With regard to Royalty being head of state, the alternative is a Republic with a President. The ex french one, Sarkozy, is serving a jail sentence. Then we have Trump who is reported, amongst many other things, of telling the population to drink bleach to kill covid! Truth or not he is a buffoon.

We are far better off with the Royal family who are more accountable to us now than before. Many on here were not born when the Queen was doing her duty during the WW2 helping the country against the Nazi's. The Duke also served in the Navy.

The Royals have not always been perfect and nobody is. Financially it is reported that Royalty bring in more money to the country than what we pay them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
ginnywings
March 9, 2021, 12:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Nicholas Witchell is loving it. It's like his cup final.

Me however, couldn't give less of a sh1t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 1:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
The Duke of Sussex has said racism from the tabloid press was a large part of the reason why they left the UK. So why the bloody hell jump into shark infested waters of the American press.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 7:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Iam a big royalist so I was sad Meghan and Harry left the UK for Canada.

Despite problems which should have been  sorted in the past and now the royals stand for identity  in the wake of growing new voices eg the media who often shapes public opinion and are mainly interested in selling papers. Though I still think it was wrong England gave up its Catholic status when Henry the 8th came to power due to him not being able to get a divorce mainly due to his wife not being able to bear him a son and lust for other women and founded his own church .

I think Meghan knew what she was getting herself in for when she married Harry ie marrying into tradition and should have accepted there would be challenges. Like Kate Middleton should have accepted her role and overrode the difficulties and battled any problems she was facing .

To me being an actor and the often glitzy life that comes with that I had some reservations about what Meghan really wanted. Was it her own aggrandisement or for the true love of Harry which I doubt. Hence had Harry been a dustbin man Iam almost certain she wouldn't have touched him.

Huge shame for me that the royal family have had this further debacle eg Meghan and Harry  leaving the Uk and I feel especially for the Queen.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
MarinerWY
March 9, 2021, 8:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from DB

The Royals have not always been perfect and nobody is.

'Not perfect' makes it sound as if they have a bit of a temper, or like a few too many beers, or are a bit flawed in a minor way.

I'd say covering up for a nonce member of your family is not minor. As with most people I believe nonces should be locked up for a long time and that is that same whether they are a bloke a few streets down or a member of the Royal family.

Not to mention the years of colonial history, using their status to lobby parliament for favourable laws, blood thirsty fox hunting etc. etc.

And the fact the extended Royal family own vast swathes of England and people have to rent land off them. Feudalism alive and well.

Get em gone.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
Humbercod
March 9, 2021, 9:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Victimhood bingo
• Race card      ✅
• Mental health ✅
• Oppression    ✅
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
Humbercod
March 9, 2021, 9:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
I haven't seen it and to be honest I won't. It reminds me of his great ( or is it great, great ) uncle and Mrs Simpson. I do wonder what Harry's ex comrades in the services think of him. I believe they toast Queen and country and refer to carrying out their duty.

To me Harry's done an Edward 8th, to hell with the country as long as I'm alright.

Difference being Eward and his wife kept a dignified silence for the rest of their lives. It took these two spoilt brats less than a year to throw the Monarchy under a bus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod

Difference being Eward and his wife kept a dignified silence for the rest of their lives. It took these two spoilt brats less than a year to throw the Monarchy under a bus.
At least Harry has the option open of coming back to the UK . Hope they prove me wrong but I have my doubts on whether this marriage will last. Its a shame as I saw the Harry/Meghan wedding and it was beautiful. Sermon by the bishop was inspiring as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.