DB
March 9, 2021, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Rick12
Iam a big royalist so I was sad Meghan and Harry left the UK for Canada.

Despite problems which should have been  sorted in the past and now the royals stand for identity  in the wake of growing new voices eg the media who often shapes public opinion and are mainly interested in selling papers. Though I still think it was wrong England gave up its Catholic status when Henry the 8th came to power due to him not being able to get a divorce mainly due to his wife not being able to bear him a son and lust for other women and founded his own church .

I think Meghan knew what she was getting herself in for when she married Harry ie marrying into tradition and should have accepted there would be challenges. Like Kate Middleton should have accepted her role and overrode the difficulties and battled any problems she was facing .

To me being an actor and the often glitzy life that comes with that I had some reservations about what Meghan really wanted. Was it her own aggrandisement or for the true love of Harry which I doubt. Hence had Harry been a dustbin man Iam almost certain she wouldn't have touched him.

Huge shame for me that the royal family have had this further debacle eg Meghan and Harry  leaving the Uk and I feel especially for the Queen.

Totally agree with you. Another point with Megan was she didn't realise she had to curtsy to the Queen, doesn't LaLa land have Google. Has she never seen People curtsy or bow to Royalty in any country. She isn't naïve and knows exactly what she is doing.

It's also interesting to see the main reason for leaving, press racism, is not mentioned in the newspaper headlines.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MarinerWY

'Not perfect' makes it sound as if they have a bit of a temper, or like a few too many beers, or are a bit flawed in a minor way.

I'd say covering up for a nonce member of your family is not minor. As with most people I believe nonces should be locked up for a long time and that is that same whether they are a bloke a few streets down or a member of the Royal family.

Not to mention the years of colonial history, using their status to lobby parliament for favourable laws, blood thirsty fox hunting etc. etc.

And the fact the extended Royal family own vast swathes of England and people have to rent land off them. Feudalism alive and well.

Get em gone.

and what would you do with Presidents like the Criminal Sarkozy and Trump !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB

Totally agree with you. Another point with Megan was she didn't realise she had to curtsy to the Queen, doesn't LaLa land have Google. Has she never seen People curtsy or bow to Royalty in any country. She isn't naïve and knows exactly what she is doing.

It's also interesting to see the main reason for leaving, press racism, is not mentioned in the newspaper headlines.
I think its challenges DB. She needs to fight injustices and not take the easy way out and leave. Reminds me a bit of sport as well eg boxing. When things get tough do you quit or carry on fighting. Tyson Fury and others have faced racist problems in the past  but keep fighting and try to prevail .

Nice to see your pro royalist like me. Iam surprised as well by some of the anti royal sentiment on here . My own background having done some research recently  is mainly English/Latin with a bit of German and Irish thrown in. Its like the queen she has a multitude of foreign blood in her apart from English notably German and a bit of Spanish as well. Likewise Ive seen the Queen mum close up and family members have met her so I feel a affiliation to the royals .Furthermore I like the Queens love for Jesus in an age which is becoming more and more secular.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
ginnywings
March 9, 2021, 10:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,146
Gold Stars: 548
Do you have to shoehorn religion into every post?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Do you have to shoehorn religion into every post?
Sometimes in the context its necessary Ginny as all roads lead to Jesus and his message of love which he conveyed.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
codcheeky
March 9, 2021, 10:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

and what would you do with Presidents like the Criminal Sarkozy and Trump !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both were voted out of office , which is exactly the point of Democracy, there is no choice to vote out the suspected nonce or any racists,  
I cannot believe they still expect people to courtesy or bow and scrape in this age.  Keep tugging the forelock !!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
Sandford1981
March 9, 2021, 10:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I couldn’t give a toss what those two do. Much the same as I couldn’t care less what the royal family do (apart from the obvious). None of them have any bearing on me and my life whatsoever.

The reaction from fully grown adults to two fully grown adults taking the choices they have is astonishing to me. Even more so the people that watch it-my better half included.

Each to their own of course!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 9, 2021, 10:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MarinerWY

'Not perfect' makes it sound as if they have a bit of a temper, or like a few too many beers, or are a bit flawed in a minor way.

I'd say covering up for a nonce member of your family is not minor. As with most people I believe nonces should be locked up for a long time and that is that same whether they are a bloke a few streets down or a member of the Royal family.

Not to mention the years of colonial history, using their status to lobby parliament for favourable laws, blood thirsty fox hunting etc. etc.

And the fact the extended Royal family own vast swathes of England and people have to rent land off them. Feudalism alive and well.

Get em gone.

You are entitled of course to ignore the WWF work and Duke Of Edinburgh Awards of Philip and Charles with the Prince’s Trust for example, the organic gardens, climate warnings and so on that actually have the potential to make him more unpopular than anything he did romping with Camilla? The support Anne gives to innumerable charities each year. And the lobbying the Queen does on behalf of Commonwealth aid that she was prepared to hand over to Harry. All things that have gone on for decades. OK let’s do that.

By all means take away the Cornwall estates and the rest. Any money they earn goes back in the kitty somewhere but let’s sell ‘em off. Who to? Probably some US or Chinese business or a Saudi sheik free to charge whatever they want to tenants. By all means sell off Sandringham, , Windsor and the rest of the buildings. Who would want them? Same sort of buyers? Turn ‘em into flats? Knock ‘em down? The tourist industry might have a word or two to say about that. You have to think forward.

Funnily enough despite all this, I’m no great royalist, though I am one of the few posters who can remember George VI and the affection people felt for him after the war. Today  I’d have some of the RF chucked out and some others jailed. However a lot of people get confused between the royal family, which is human and the monarchy, which is not. There is a great sense of better the devil you know about the latter..

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
mariner91
March 9, 2021, 11:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,662
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Rick12
Sometimes in the context its necessary Ginny as all roads lead to Jesus and his message of love which he conveyed.

This has to be a long term parody surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

This has to be a long term parody surely?
No mariner backed up by scientific facts. If a child doesn't get love in the catchment age of roughly 0-11 years children's brains will forever be impaired. Likewise as Mother Theresa said a lot of the worlds problems are caused by lack of love. Similarly I can attest to this in my work with youth offending. A lot of problems are caused by lack of genuine  parental love in a child's formative years. Look at the work the Salvation army  does as well with a lot of the homeless and drug addicts etc . If it wasn't for organisations like these founded on Jesus's guiding principles of love noone would care and many in the words of users themselves who have benefited from the Salvation army would have just committed suicide.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.