TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 9, 2021, 6:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

I don’t think it’s beyond the collective brainpower of our great nation to work out what to do with the 23 current royal residences and their grounds, much less replacing a wizened old bint good only for having her arris licked by various dignitaries at state banquets. Her contribution to the legislature could be replaced with a 99p rubber stamp.

Let’s not even get into the Crown Estates and their £14bn property portfolio, the hundreds of thousands of acres of agricultural and mining land they “own” as well as the sea beds and what may lie beneath them.

Mass social housing, rewilding or reforestation, a massive Wetherspoons at Buck House, all things that could benefit the public practically and financially much more than having them as the sole preserve of a family of inbreds in a gilded cage.

Sounds like you are making an early bid for President!  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ska face

Please, one set of child molestors at a time, I can’t keep up.
A very small fraction of Catholic priests have engaged in molesting children and the ones that do aren't priests in soul anyway.

It's like in any walk of life however moral it may seem be it priests, judges,nurses or teachers you are going to get some that are not true to the cause.

Talk to one of the Irish travellers that I know and how much one priest in particular has healed decades of hurt/problem behaviour which no psychologist could ever heal whilst in and outside of prison.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face

Please, one set of child molestors at a time, I can’t keep up.

Don't know about Rick but my belief in Jesus keeps me going.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Iam in the same camp as you DB. For me Jesus represents/tapped into something divine.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
codcheeky
March 9, 2021, 6:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
A very small fraction of Catholic priests have engaged in molesting children and the ones that do aren't priests in soul anyway.

It's like in any walk of life however moral it may seem be it priests, judges,nurses or teachers you are going to get some that are not true to the cause.

Talk to one of the Irish travellers that I know and how much one priest in particular has healed decades of hurt/problem behaviour which no psychologist could ever heal whilst in and outside of prison.

How many are a small percentage? Will you defend the actions of nuns in Ireland too? However few it was it was quite deliberately covered up from priests to archbishops to the pope.
A quick confession and back to business as usual in a new parish as long as there is no bad publicity
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Thought of you. Tyson Fury is someone I admire and look up to. Has come back from a dark place  with all his bipolar and depressive/suicidal  issues.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
ska face

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

Sounds like you are making an early bid for President!  

Glad I can count on your vote.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
ska face

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from DB

Yeah you keep going alright.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
Rick12
March 9, 2021, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

How many are a small percentage? Will you defend the actions of nuns in Ireland too? However few it was it was quite deliberately covered up from priests to archbishops to the pope.
A quick confession and back to business as usual in a new parish as long as there is no bad publicity
2% .Again though  some priests particular in Ireland from what I know  were only doing it for monetary gains.  The ones that cover things up aren't true to the faith or their vocation. Interviews have touched on this as well. Aborigine children cited some priests abused them whereas others eg nuns had a heart of gold. True defenders of the faith.

I agree there were cover ups. Not true to the faith. Pope Francis is coming down strong on sexual misconduct though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
DB
March 9, 2021, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face

Yeah you keep going alright.

All the time. Their are many roads but one right path Jesus. Come and join us.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.