Mappers
December 8, 2023, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Where next for our great home ?

Had some fantastic times over the years there , and my heart says we should stay and improve our beloved home .

Stood on the terraces in the 80's it was something special 'the buzz' I'm sure others have memories further back , some much further .

But since the all seater , and it falling further and further into disrepair we need a future ; I'm not sure it's where I want it to be .

The current custodians have 'not got a magic wand' but we need one otherwise it is going to mean we have no where to play - since they have taken over they have been tucked up into paying over 2 million quid probably for our former 'custodians' attempt to run a football club like a five star fish factory. They seem good guys , really good one's take somes political agenda away and they are just fans like the rest of us .

How do we 'make good ' the years of neglect to the stadium or move to another without the magic money tree , enabling development or an Extreme Leisure that actually build ?

Where next for Blundell Park , where next for us as a club ?
Logged Online
Private Message
It Bites
December 8, 2023, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
No wonder JF has vanished. He’s won big time hasn’t he
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 114
ska face
December 8, 2023, 6:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Don’t worry gents, when I win the euromillions tonight we’ll be moving to a lovely new, red brick 20k seater on the docks.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 114
Grantham_Mariner
December 8, 2023, 6:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,190
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from ska face
Don’t worry gents, when I win the euromillions tonight we’ll be moving to a lovely new, red brick 20k seater on the docks.

Only 20k !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 114
Southwark Mariner
December 8, 2023, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Only 20k !

It's 30k but the ones around his are not available on a match day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 114
lew chaterleys lover
December 8, 2023, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mappers
Where next for our great home ?

Had some fantastic times over the years there , and my heart says we should stay and improve our beloved home .

Stood on the terraces in the 80's it was something special 'the buzz' I'm sure others have memories further back , some much further .

But since the all seater , and it falling further and further into disrepair we need a future ; I'm not sure it's where I want it to be .

The current custodians have 'not got a magic wand' but we need one otherwise it is going to mean we have no where to play - since they have taken over they have been tucked up into paying over 2 million quid probably for our former 'custodians' attempt to run a football club like a five star fish factory. They seem good guys , really good one's take somes political agenda away and they are just fans like the rest of us .

How do we 'make good ' the years of neglect to the stadium or move to another without the magic money tree , enabling development or an Extreme Leisure that actually build ?

Where next for Blundell Park , where next for us as a club ?

I wouldn't be as gloomy as that. Yes we need to catch up with the maintenance and sprucing up but a full and vocal BP still sets the pulses racing.

Obviously something will need doing in the future but I am pinning my hopes on a new full length Main Stand and other improvements.  

Unless we really do move up the leagues and get huge investment a new stadium is beyond reach isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 114
Mappers
December 8, 2023, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker

I wouldn't be as gloomy as that. Yes we need to catch up with the maintenance and sprucing up but a full and vocal BP still sets the pulses racing.

Obviously something will need doing in the future but I am pinning my hopes on a new full length Main Stand and other improvements.  

Unless we really do move up the leagues and get huge investment a new stadium is beyond reach isn't it?

I agree to an extent

But how do the lads fund that ?

2 million down already

6 million on a new training ground

How much would a refurbished /extened Main cost
Another 2-4million probably ?

Bonkers
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 114
ska face
December 8, 2023, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Only 20k !

We don’t want any rabble in the shiny new ground.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 114
ginnywings
December 8, 2023, 8:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
I'm currently more worried about on the pitch, rather than off it. I don't want to be watching non league footy yet again, even if it is in a much improved stadium.

I think at some point they will bring in investors, as they intend to do to finance the training ground. I reckon they know what they are doing and have a plan, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over ground maintenance. We can't afford a new stadium, so they will have to do what they have to do to keep the old place operational.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 114
Mappers
December 8, 2023, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm currently more worried about on the pitch, rather than off it. I don't want to be watching non league footy yet again, even if it is in a much improved stadium.

I think at some point they will bring in investors, as they intend to do to finance the training ground. I reckon they know what they are doing and have a plan, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over ground maintenance. We can't afford a new stadium, so they will have to do what they have to do to keep the old place operational.

Bur the infrastructure is non league and however many fans or stickkng plasters we put on it that's the harsh reality really isn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 114
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Blundell Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.