12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
February 10, 2024, 1:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Has anyone given thought to getting in and out if the main stand was made bigger? It's bad now and making it bigger would further reduce the space for safe movement
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 114
1mickylyons
February 10, 2024, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from mimma
Has anyone given thought to getting in and out if the main stand was made bigger? It's bad now and making it bigger would further reduce the space for safe movement

Crikey  it's a block further to walk than the Findus that shouldn't put people off.The parking in my opinion is the biggest problem it's gridlock with any crowd over 5k
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 114
lew chaterleys lover
February 10, 2024, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mimma

But we wouldn't just add on to the existing Main stand would we?

We would completely demolish it and build a new structure which would give greater room for "safe movement."

If we ever get that far and we see an architects drawing we will be amazed at what could be done with the space. Money however will be a much bigger problem.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 114
promotion plaice
February 10, 2024, 2:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

I just have a feeling Tom Shutes has more to come regarding the new stadium (docks) now he's got his Ice Factory plans approved.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 114
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 10, 2024, 2:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 114
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 2:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,214
Gold Stars: 38
We needed a new ground 20 odd years ago. The fact that it's been a nearly a quarter of a century without any progress is shocking. Just build the bloody thing. Other teams up and down the country haven't had this difficulty.

Look at the Stacey West development in Lincoln, a vision for the future and integration of the community.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 114
JK47
February 11, 2024, 7:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Plankton
We needed a new ground 20 odd years ago. The fact that it's been a nearly a quarter of a century without any progress is shocking. Just build the bloody thing. Other teams up and down the country haven't had this difficulty.

Look at the Stacey West development in Lincoln, a vision for the future and integration of the community.

The idea 63 years ago was to build a new Stadium on Cambridge Avenue.  We've had over 60 years of basically no action, just pipe dreams.  No-one is going to put tens of millions into BP I'm afraid, and I don't see any major companies throwing tens of millions at a club repeatedly dropping into non-league.  The realism is it's government levelling up money (which isn't affected by us being non-league), or stay where we are, as we are for the next 63 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 114
denni266
February 11, 2024, 8:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
The problem with the houses behind the main stand is most if not all love living there.. I grew up in one of them. My Gran lived there for over 60 yrs .. Going to sleep watching the ship and light ship lights twinkle and flash in the dark was magical. Trains never bothered you and was a sort of entertainment especially the steam trains.. Never once heared anyone moan about the football crowds and noise . People would die to live with these things in stead of looking out and seeing a concrete jungle . You can put a price on bricks and mortar but not on how much people love living where they are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 114
Humbercod
February 11, 2024, 8:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Without government subsidies or a major sponsor there is no way there will be a new stadium in my lifetime. Even all this talk of a new main stand is just a pipe dream, where’s the money coming from? Not from Stockwood and Co thats for sure, we’re still waiting for the training ground more BS.

If there’s any hope it seems to be with this Shutes guy, give him credit it looks like he’s already pulled of the redevelopment of the docks, and this was the guy talking up the new stadium with planning and vision, it’s a shame he’s not one of our owners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 114
The Caterham Mariner
February 11, 2024, 10:58am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from denni266
The problem with the houses behind the main stand is most if not all love living there.. I grew up in one of them. My Gran lived there for over 60 yrs .. Going to sleep watching the ship and light ship lights twinkle and flash in the dark was magical. Trains never bothered you and was a sort of entertainment especially the steam trains.. Never once heared anyone moan about the football crowds and noise . People would die to live with these things in stead of looking out and seeing a concrete jungle . You can put a price on bricks and mortar but not on how much people love living where they are

Cheers  for that, You make me want to move back to my town of birth. And to top it off  a 2 minute walk to BP in my latter years.
Grateful town fan

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Blundell Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.