Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,819 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
November 6, 2023, 9:53am
Guest User
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Good post agree with pretty much all of that.. bit concerned with the over reaction to today

Overreaction!!  We were 15 minutes away from being beat by a part time team 2 Leagues below us.  And don't give me any b0ll0cks about the pitch, they are professional football players, and should be able to adapt.  It's simply not good enough.

Reply: 80 - 94
GrimPol
November 6, 2023, 10:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 123614

Overreaction!!  We were 15 minutes away from being beat by a part time team 2 Leagues below us.  And don't give me any b0ll0cks about the pitch, they are professional football players, and should be able to adapt.  It's simply not good enough.

Besides having a tantrum on The Fishy, what is your point exactly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
paulmblythe
November 6, 2023, 10:15am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pontoonlew
We were crap today, absolutely shite. However there’s some big overreactions off the back of it, cup upsets happen all over the shop and today wasn’t one of them. The pitch looked like bloody concrete and it played right into their hands.

These are the same players who put in good performances early in the season and I’ve no doubt there’s some very good players there, today hasn’t changed that despite how they played.

As for the slating Joe Hutchinson has had, the guy has had jobs at England, Lincoln (during probably their best ever period) & Hull (also during theirs). He’s got a fantastic pedigree and to slate him based on how Hurst has used some of those players is so far off the mark IMO.

Stockwoods comments have been taken out of context too. Who knew that our head of recruitment might get involved in some recruitment? He said he’s helping to sift through cvs whilst one of the most connected people in football, Jennings, has a big hand in the recruitment.

A crap performance but we’ve got the replay, the reaction that we’re now national league bound off the back of it is a bit far.

I imagine they get loads of cvs in from people who have played championship manager or managed the dog and duck. i suspect hes probably sifting those out so as not to waste the owners time as any organisation would. He clearly wont be having the final say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
diehardmariner
November 6, 2023, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Surprised (unless I've missed it) that there's no mention of Andrews and Amos shitting out of the wall for their goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67327602

I get it that Cartwright is too far over to the other side but Amos and Andrews don't leave a flipping motorway lane size gap and physically turn away from the ball then that effort doesn't even get near the goal.

Weak.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
IlkleyMariner
November 6, 2023, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from diehardmariner
Surprised (unless I've missed it) that there's no mention of Andrews and Amos shitting out of the wall for their goal.

I get it that Cartwright is too far over to the other side but Amos and Andrews don't leave a flipping motorway lane size gap and physically turn away from the ball then that effort doesn't even get near the goal.

Weak.

I blamed the wall at the time. Can’t remember which post, but the wall was dreadful

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
November 6, 2023, 11:38am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimPol

Besides having a tantrum on The Fishy, what is your point exactly?

You need to go back to school sonny, as you obviously don't understand plain English.

Reply: 85 - 94
mariner91
November 6, 2023, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262

Weak.

There's too many cowards in our side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
SpiritOf98
November 6, 2023, 12:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6

Weak.

Watching the stream and that was my view. Shocking wall setup, it split and all but one didn't want to jump. Don't want to judge the caretake team on one game but another management team of ex-defenders that seem unable to train them in the defensive basics.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
RonMariner
November 6, 2023, 1:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,720
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from SpiritOf98

Watching the stream and that was my view. Shocking wall setup, it split and all but one didn't want to jump. Don't want to judge the caretake team on one game but another management team of ex-defenders that seem unable to train them in the defensive basics.

Exactly. Setting up to defend a free kick should be one of the very basics. This season our defending has been woeful and yet the management team and coaching staff are almost all former defenders. I think we need a serious upgrade in that department.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
diehardmariner
November 6, 2023, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Ah, I'm not blaming any coaches or managers for that.

It's absolute basics.  I can't believe we're at the stage of needing to tell players that you need to stand next to each other on a defensive wall and then not jump out the way of the ball.

You can have the best coaches in the world but when players are ignoring the absolute fundamentals you've got no hope.  
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.