Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,821 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
GibMariner
November 5, 2023, 6:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks, listening to that it sounds like everybody and their brother are in the process apart from the owners.

This
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 94
ska face
November 5, 2023, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Amazes me that someone started a rumour saying one/some of the players’d had a bust up with Doig. Could you picture anyone in this squad squaring up to Doig? Barely a set of bøllocks between the lot of them, most look scared of their own shadow.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 94
Youngy
November 5, 2023, 6:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,663
Gold Stars: 9
I read this morning on Twitter someone saying Hurst just signed the players he wanted anyway, and disregarded the recruitment lad. Although no doubt it was pure speculation it might make more sense as he knew most of them from previous clubs didn't he? In any event I think it's a waste of a wage, to be honest. I can't believe any manager or potential manager doesn't have a list of players he would like to bring to a club and the idea that a recruitment guy at a league 2 club will unearth a gem that nobody else knows about sounds fanciful to me.

Eastwood, Eisa and Gnahoua had already played under Hurst.

Vernam we apparently tried to sign both last summer and in January (before Hutchinson came in) and we also tried to sign Malerkey in January.

I get the feeling that Hurst was old school in the fact that he liked to see players and went on his own eye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 94
acko338
November 5, 2023, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Efete's only quality cross fed Rose to score.

How many times COULD similar early crosses into the box have caused Slough problems?

What needs to be done to get the full backs to cross quicker, run at pace, pass forwards not backwards to halt our attacks?

Why is everyone running at half pace, even if they have received the ball cleanly?

Why do Town lose so many 2nd balls, or just run into packed midfield areas?

The same players all seem to have lost form and/or confidence at the same time, as if they are scared to try positive passes or run at opponents.

Is this the game plan, playing formations that don't suit them, or have they all found their level at the ssme time?

Even Conteh was struggling to find anyone willing to receive passes, with Efete playing like Bambi on ice on that pitch !

Pass accuracy - yes please, can we have some ??

Not easy viewing this season !

Can 5,000 home fans ALL be wrong by being unhappy?

Felt really sorry for the loyal away fans today !!

Nothing to see or cheer for 90% of the game today !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 94
Mariner John
November 5, 2023, 6:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
When the defence, except Rose at the time, can't be arsed to jump when a free kick is taken, you know something is not right. Indifference probably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
arryarryarry
November 5, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I'd like to think Green is a bit more effective than that and certainly was today.
Of course everyone is concerned, but blindly calling for the sacking of coaching staff is moronic.

Why?

We've been crap for most of this season so far so what the frig are we paying the coaching staff for?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 94
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 5, 2023, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from acko338

Nothing to see or cheer for 90% of the game today !!

The burger I had before the game was very good.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 94
IlkleyMariner
November 5, 2023, 6:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Usual over reaction from so called fans

We were trying to play a certain way in the first half. It didn’t work. Not enough urgency.

Slough goal . He will never score another like that in his lifetime

Second half disappointment but Green and Glennon did well. Others I won’t name did not.

Please bear in mind the guts of the management team has been ripped out. I am old , but the younger men need time to feel wanted in an ever changing management structure

I’ll take 1-1 thank you
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
forza ivano
November 5, 2023, 6:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Usual over reaction from so called fans

We were trying to play a certain way in the first half. It didn’t work. Not enough urgency.

Slough goal . He will never score another like that in his lifetime

Second half disappointment but Green and Glennon did well. Others I won’t name did not.

Please bear in mind the guts of the management team has been ripped out. I am old , but the younger men need time to feel wanted in an ever changing management structure

I’ll take 1-1 thank you

lmfao. Scott has scored those sort of goals throughout his career. Wish we had someone of his ability in our midfield

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=912393315822797
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 94
pen penfras
November 5, 2023, 7:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst still being in control and managing to say an awful lot without actually saying much at all, it was quite a spikey interview. Twice was snappy with Matt Dean for asking reasonable questions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.