Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,825 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 5, 2023, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
I read this morning on Twitter someone saying Hurst just signed the players he wanted anyway, and disregarded the recruitment lad. Although no doubt it was pure speculation it might make more sense as he knew most of them from previous clubs didn't he? In any event I think it's a waste of a wage, to be honest. I can't believe any manager or potential manager doesn't have a list of players he would like to bring to a club and the idea that a recruitment guy at a league 2 club will unearth a gem that nobody else knows about sounds fanciful to me.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
The Yard Dog
November 5, 2023, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
God BD blaming the pitch for our failings. They're pro footballs, juwt because they're on a pitxh where the ball travells a little bit quicker shouldn't result in a performance like that.  

Would not had a chance playing football back in the day when pitches looked like ploughed fields and a football weighing the same as a medicine ball (younger fans will have to google to understand).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
arryarryarry
November 5, 2023, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thanks, listening to that it sounds like everybody and their brother are in the process apart from the owners.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
The Yard Dog
November 5, 2023, 5:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
God BD blaming the pitch for our failings. They're pro footballs, juwt because they're on a pitxh where the ball travells a little bit quicker shouldn't result in a performance like that.  

Would not had a chance playing football back in the day when pitches looked like ploughed fields and a football weighing the same as a medicine ball (younger fans will have to google to understand).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 5, 2023, 5:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from It Bites
I said ages ago all the coaches need to go including Croudson. I stand by that . It my opinion , that’s all

I agree the whole thing needs freshening up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 5, 2023, 5:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Some serious knicker wetting going on. Was always going to be a tough game, started brightly then struggled when they brought the game to us.

Did well 2nd half to force a replay, thought the subs did well. Green gave us a bit of steel and the ball stuck with Pyke quite well.

I thought Andrews was the real weak link throughout and was surprised he was the only starting midfielder to remain on the pitch, he's so easily brushed off the ball and lacking a bit of heart. We missed Holohan and we are clearly a bit fragile in the confidence department as well. Pleased to see Glennon get on because he is so attacking and has quality.
We know all about cup upsets and have avoided being on the end of one at least for now.  

All this sacking the coaching staff nonsense is balderdash. None of you calling for that know any more than the next fan about the standard of the coaches. We've already sacked the manager so let's see who else we can point the finger at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2023, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,263
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Some serious knicker wetting going on. Was always going to be a tough game, started brightly then struggled when they brought the game to us.

Did well 2nd half to force a replay, thought the subs did well. Green gave us a bit of steel and the ball stuck with Pyke quite well.

I thought Andrews was the real weak link throughout and was surprised he was the only starting midfielder to remain on the pitch, he's so easily brushed off the ball and lacking a bit of heart. We missed Holohan and we are clearly a bit fragile in the confidence department as well. Pleased to see Glennon get on because he is so attacking and has quality.
We know all about cup upsets and have avoided being on the end of one at least for now.  

All this sacking the coaching staff nonsense is balderdash. None of you calling for that know any more than the next fan about the standard of the coaches. We've already sacked the manager so let's see who else we can point the finger at.

Are you seriously not concerned about the complete inability to make three or four consecutive passes? The fact we needed a non league clogger (Green) to galvanise us is a damning indictment of how excrement we are.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
louth_in_the_south
November 5, 2023, 5:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
We’ve got to think that this was one of sloughs biggest ever games so we were going to be against a team who were seriously up for it . We dodged a bullet so let’s be grateful for that . We could’ve easily been humiliated today bud we weren’t. Nobody will remember this 1-1 in a few weeks.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 5, 2023, 5:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Are you seriously not concerned about the complete inability to make three or four consecutive passes? The fact we needed a non league clogger (Green) to galvanise us is a damning indictment of how excrement we are.

I'd like to think Green is a bit more effective than that and certainly was today.
Of course everyone is concerned, but blindly calling for the sacking of coaching staff is moronic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
Bigdog
November 5, 2023, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Nearly all of our backroom team are ex-players. Maybe we should look to employ an experience coaching team rather than all-round "good eggs"..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.