Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,817 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
November 5, 2023, 7:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
I read this morning on Twitter someone saying Hurst just signed the players he wanted anyway, and disregarded the recruitment lad. Although no doubt it was pure speculation it might make more sense as he knew most of them from previous clubs didn't he? In any event I think it's a waste of a wage, to be honest. I can't believe any manager or potential manager doesn't have a list of players he would like to bring to a club and the idea that a recruitment guy at a league 2 club will unearth a gem that nobody else knows about sounds fanciful to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. Hurst always thought that recruitment analysts were a waste of time and money. I was surprised we appointed one with him in charge. Maybe the happy family image wasn't as happy as they made out...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
Roast Em Bobby
November 5, 2023, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
He actually said in a pre-season video that most of the players signed were ones he'd had an eye on for a long time. The exception was Conteh - who he did say was unearthed by Joe Hutchinson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
immariner
November 5, 2023, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from davmariner
Well, walking. We were so poor, and got back into it as Slough tired. Stockwood needs to move fast, none of this “a few weeks minimum”.

Emotional reaction ^^
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
immariner
November 5, 2023, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from EvilFish
Why do we need to move fast? A difference of a few weeks won't matter. It's more important to make the right decision than quickly make the wrong one.

Actual sense ^^
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 94
davmariner
November 5, 2023, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from immariner

Emotional reaction ^^

Nope, it was my view as I listened before the game kicked off. See my post on the new manager thread.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 94
IlkleyMariner
November 5, 2023, 7:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from forza ivano

lmfao. Scott has scored those sort of goals throughout his career. Wish we had someone of his ability in our midfield

He’s nearly 40 ffs.

Three goals in 20 years does not qualify as prolific. Sorry mate.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=912393315822797

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2023, 7:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
All I saw was a team shot of confidence. I have seen enough of this season to see we have had passages of play where we have looked half decent. Clearly Pearson and Davies havent managed to install it - especially picking more or less the same team. There is a team in there somewhere - it just needs a someone to build it back and that cant come soon enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 94
ancientmariner54
November 5, 2023, 7:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Some serious knicker wetting going on. Was always going to be a tough game, started brightly then struggled when they brought the game to us.

Did well 2nd half to force a replay, thought the subs did well. Green gave us a bit of steel and the ball stuck with Pyke quite well.

I thought Andrews was the real weak link throughout and was surprised he was the only starting midfielder to remain on the pitch, he's so easily brushed off the ball and lacking a bit of heart. We missed Holohan and we are clearly a bit fragile in the confidence department as well. Pleased to see Glennon get on because he is so attacking and has quality.
We know all about cup upsets and have avoided being on the end of one at least for now.  

All this sacking the coaching staff nonsense is balderdash. None of you calling for that know any more than the next fan about the standard of the coaches. We've already sacked the manager so let's see who else we can point the finger at.

Exactly this , settle down and let the new management pair have go at sorting it out .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
IlkleyMariner
November 5, 2023, 7:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Thought Andrews was poor including a fresh air kick just outside the Slough box.

Just be thankful we are still in the cup and I might even get to go to Oxford for R2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
forza ivano
November 5, 2023, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
He’s nearly 40 ffs.

Three goals in 20 years does not qualify as prolific. Sorry mate.

lol - he's 35 and that's just 3 i pulled out in a quick search.
Believe me, he's scored goals like that his whole career
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.