Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,822 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
November 5, 2023, 4:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from samg
This bunch of players need to take a long hard look at their selves, no passion,no commitment,long diagonal balls just do not work! There's a potential new manager looking at these players and as a player they should be certainly worried about their futures!! Very disappointed - not one player stood up to the situation and proved a point that Hurst was the problem within the dressing room etc.. nearly all these players should be looking for a new club come January with that performance considering the circumstances

Hard to disagree. As a squad they should be soul searching and grappling with shame. Some look as *rsed as they do competent, sadly.
Such a crying shame to see all the pre season positivity and togetherness killed by this bunch.!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 94
sonofmadeleymariner
November 5, 2023, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
God BD blaming the pitch for our failings. They're pro footballs, juwt because they're on a pitxh where the ball travells a little bit quicker shouldn't result in a performance like that.  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 94
arryarryarry
November 5, 2023, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
We need a new manager and a new coaching set up I'll wager.

Seeing these players close up and "coaching" them for months and they had no more idea how to get a tune out of them than Hurst.

What was apparent for most of the season is that this group of players have not gelled at all. January is going to be very interesting and we are going to have to take a financial hit to make sure we survive.

I fully agree. In his interview Ben Davies, even though he was asked several times, still couldn't  come out and say we were crap blaming the pitch.

I would hope a new manager brings in a new support team.  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2023, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

I fully agree. In his interview Ben Davies, even though he was asked several times, still couldn't  come out and say we were crap blaming the pitch.

I would hope a new manager brings in a new support team.  

Pre match interview, Stockwood announced that the head of recruitment is helping identify the manager. That’s possibly the most worrying thing that’s come out of his mouth since 1878 took over.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 94
Limerick Mariner
November 5, 2023, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
We need a new manager and a new coaching set up I'll wager.

Seeing these players close up and "coaching" them for months and they had no more idea how to get a tune out of them than Hurst.

What was apparent for most of the season is that this group of players have not gelled at all. January is going to be very interesting and we are going to have to take a financial hit to make sure we survive.

1878 will know that - and the cost of relegation if we don’t invest. The list for Jan seems to be growing though.

Do we move Khan, Eisa and Pyke on? Bring in a proper touchine hugging winger with pace and a big front man?

I don’t know what the feck we do at full back. We are not going to replace all 4. Maybe if we get a good wide right player, Mullarkey might do a good enough job. If Clifton goes back to the left midfield that might shore up that side of Glennon returns to form. We certainly need a CB - need to find a loanee as good as Smith.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 94
Hagrid
November 5, 2023, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Pre match interview, Stockwood announced that the head of recruitment is helping identify the manager. That’s possibly the most worrying thing that’s come out of his mouth since 1878 took over.

Christ alive. Thats not what I wanted to hear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 94
EvilFish
November 5, 2023, 4:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from davmariner

Because once we tumble into the relegation zone, it’s very hard to get out. Much harder to attract players in January but also to attract a manager. Confidence wise, it’ll send us rock bottom. We can’t afford to gift points away.

Sorry that still doesn't justify a quick decision, just for the sake of making a decision. The wrong appointment will see us do that anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 94
LH
November 5, 2023, 4:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,532
Gold Stars: 173
Watched on telly but I watched today hoping to see a reaction and a positive attitude to try and build some confidence. Didn’t get either. Slough got a good result but it wasn’t a typical cup performance from them where they’ve raised their game and if anything we sunk to theirs.

Very worrying for us. We’re in a horrible position where we need absolutely the right choice of manager but also can’t afford to take too long in appointing them.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 94
1mickylyons
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
1878 need to move quickly that is a shocking result but the performance was worse than the result SP and BD did nothing different to the last 6 weeks. That rules them out and personally I'd clear the decks we need a complete refit and this recruitment expert is worse than the fishy posters. Sort it out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 94
arryarryarry
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I didn't hear that but considering the state of the current squad, if the recruitment manager was involved in the signing of most of this squad then he should be given a P45 as well.

Sadly a corporate excrement out passing the buck to a head of recruitment.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.