9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
realist
October 16, 2023, 3:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
With fans displeasure of the manager at the highest level for some time, our tree hugging Guardian writing leaders are unusually silent. Do they lack the will to do anything or are they studying data to give a measured response?
A vote of confidence in their manager is  normally issued in these situations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Croxton
October 16, 2023, 3:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,017
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from realist
With fans displeasure of the manager at the highest level for some time, our tree hugging Guardian writing leaders are unusually silent. Do they lack the will to do anything or are they studying data to give a measured response?

Utter trolling tosh. a) they are usually quiet anyhow.
                             b) a measured response would be later in the week.
                             c)  a statement today might imply undue haste and a lack of respect to a long serving manager.
                             d) Too much bile in one post. Try being subtle for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 88
ginnywings
October 16, 2023, 3:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Got as far as tree hugging Guardian....

Stopped reading.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 16, 2023, 3:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from ginnywings

Stopped reading.

I got as far as reading who posted it…
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 88
Son of Cod
October 16, 2023, 4:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ginnywings

Stopped reading.

Always amazes me how caring for the environment and reading a newspaper that doesn't rely on lies or nipples for sales is seen as a stick to beat people with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 88
buckstown
October 16, 2023, 4:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Why on earth can't people behave with just a touch of decency and decorum in these situations? It costs nothing to show respect and express yourself without resorting to juvenile sniping.
I know we all feel a bit harder sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard but gracious me. The golden rule all parents teach all children - "treat people with the respect..........."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 88
jamesgtfc
October 16, 2023, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,984
Gold Stars: 190
Jason, Andrew and Debbie have clearly been very spineless reaching where they have their respective careers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 88
Zmariner
October 16, 2023, 4:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44

I got as far as reading who posted it…

Yep, that’s where I stopped
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 88
OddShapedBalls
October 16, 2023, 4:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Them 'spineless leaders' probably understand that they'd need to pay up Mr Hurst's contract to get rid, and then pay the same amount or more to someone else, who then wants their own backroom team too.....so even more double costing, and the players were all brought here by Hurst and the entire playing side is shaped around him and in January any new boss will be expecting funds to bring in 'his' players, all on a finite budget......so with no imminent threat of relegation I imagine they are quietly hoping Town string 4-5 results together soon and the noise will die down a bit really.

They'll know that if a change has to happen, it needs to happen before January for obvious reasons so IF they change manager, I wouldn't expect to see any changes until early December unless there's some huge boycott or town lose 23-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 88
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,492
Gold Stars: 171
Administration, shut this down please, we already have one thread that's feeding the trolls,...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 88
FishySmithy
October 16, 2023, 4:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Thank god they don’t share the same views as you ya Wally, did you panic buy loo roll and pasta by any chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Where is FFS when you need him?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 88
VinnyGTFC
October 16, 2023, 5:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
The spineless leaders as you call them like a small child, are the ones around the club, the management team , the players and will see things we don't. If you want to be in their position and make the decisions you should have been a better boy at school. In the meantime I'm happy and confident they will not strike from a knee jerk reaction and will do the very best for the club as they see it, and when I look at other clubs going from one poor manager to the next I can live with that.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 16, 2023, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

They'll know that if a change has to happen, it needs to happen before January for obvious reasons so IF they change manager, I wouldn't expect to see any changes until early December unless there's some huge boycott or town lose 23-0

Personally, I think he will have the next 3 matches to show that improvement is possible and imminent. The home match v Colchester will be massive as lose that and I believe the atmosphere will be very unpleasant and once that happens it really does become just a matter of time. Said before I’m one for change now but hoping that if he stays we pick up a couple of wins in the next three games and we can all start getting more optimistic about how this season might pan out. Not particularly convinced that’s going to happen though!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
Dodorondon
October 16, 2023, 5:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
First rule of public relations: Don’t respond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 88
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 5:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Administration, shut this down please, we already have one thread that's feeding the trolls,...

None on this site has the right to ask to shut down the post. (Assuming they are not libellous, or downright insulting-various)
If you don't like it, ignore it and don't reply to it. Cancel Culture is corrosive to democracy, be it on the outside world or The Fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
DaleH
October 16, 2023, 5:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
Spurn boy
October 16, 2023, 6:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Public statements by owners of football clubs don’t necessarily work, you only have to look down the road at Glanford Park and see the chaos and embarrassment statements made by the former owner David Hilton caused so I think a bit of discretion by our owners is not a bad thing.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

A good post. Most if not all supporters are concerned. Angry even. We want things to change. The prevalence of insulting, disrespectful and entitled outrage is ugly and unfair. I’m not happy; our league position, points total and performance levels are unsatisfactory. We should strive for better. It does need to be addressed, and quickly, but personal insults, hysterical and abusive exclamations, supposition, guess work and blithering victim mentality cobblers is really unsightly, unhelpful and unfair.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
Theimperialcoroner
October 16, 2023, 6:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from realist

What a pillock you are.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Pillock is kind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
lew chaterleys lover
October 16, 2023, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DaleH

Hang on a minute. Putting aside the one or two that are just daft/attention seeking/vitriolic the rest of us are discussing the manager of our club in a reasonable way.

He is a professional football manager and has seen it all before. He is not going to crying to his nearest and dearest cos we are discussing his job.

He will know more than us we have been very poor,  so poor some of us just can't understand how such an experienced manager can assemble such an unbalanced squad.

If he survives till then he will have to try to put it right in January.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
Spurn boy
October 16, 2023, 6:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from chaos33
Pollock is kind.

I remember as a fisherman catching Pollack and they usually came to the surface with their mouth wide open, probably a good description.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,492
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GrimPol

None on this site has the right to ask to shut down the post. (Assuming they are not libellous, or downright insulting-various)
If you don't like it, ignore it and don't reply to it. Cancel Culture is corrosive to democracy, be it on the outside world or The Fishy.

So calling the owners spineless isn't libellous tgen?...I believe that that to be a personal attack on their character and isn't needed FFS!!...AND WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD ON IT FFS ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
WesternMariner
October 16, 2023, 6:39pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from realist

Aw diddums - why don’t you get yourself down the 180 a bit and join a Scunny forum their recent leaders seem a bit more aligned to your philosophy?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DaleH

Football is a weird industry and Paul Hurst is a decent man. That means he’s accountable for the club’s results. He’s also not daft. He’s not got long to turn things around. No one wants to be looking at the relegation trap door again, particularly a club like ours who have been non league so recently.

Being a nice bloke in a weird industry doesn’t give you a free pass. He’s running out of time but I think you know that.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 16, 2023, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Being a nice bloke in a weird industry doesn’t give you a free pass.

What about being a weird man in a shït industry?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker

🤔
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
acko338
October 16, 2023, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Hurst is DEFINITELY unhappy with the poor form of some of the squad.

He will not slag any particular player, but you know when the axe falls on both players in one position that a statement is being made.

Players know themselves that they have lost form and need to get stuck in when selected.

We all want to see free flowing passing football, but several of the squad have certainly lost confidence.

Throw in longer term injuries and you have a worst case scenario that means players and formations are thrown to the wind !

When simple passing moves go to pot and players are not playing to their potential, then any team that plays well constructed football with good possession, width and pace are going to rip through us too easily.

Whatever formation that Hurst employs will only ever work with players having confidence, wanting to tun with a well controlled ball, and knowing where the next pass has to go.

None of these qualities are currently being shown by any of the teams that Hurst is picking.

When normally dependable players are making simple mistakes, then it's back to basics in training. It drags those who are still playing ok down to the same poor level.

Subs at any time will have very little impact when the style of play remains as it is now.

January will need to be carefully assessed for new faces that can improve what is currently being seen.

Perhaps League 2 has found some of the squad out as above their level of attainment.

Not a happy time to be a fan currently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
grimsby pete
October 16, 2023, 7:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Jason Andrew and. Debbie, have my respect and I have every confidence in them to do the right thing at the right time.

Now although I have said I want Hurst to go I don't expect him to get the sack.

Our poor form and dropping down the league can not go on for much longer so it might not be a happy Christmas for Hurst and Doig.

The other staff should be safe as they are not making any decisions apart from advising the terrible two have to carry the can.

Paul can turn things round with an upturn in form and results and we might have Jason telling us he is glad he did not listen to us when we were calling sack the manager !!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
ancientmariner54
October 16, 2023, 7:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from FishySmithy
Thank god they don’t share the same views as you ya Wally, did you panic buy loo roll and pasta by any chance.

Quality !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker

😂

Also - the comment about ‘pollock’. 😂

I like Pollock. It’s not that far behind Haddock is it. Doesn’t have a great reputation though. Why not?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 16, 2023, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from chaos33

😂

Also - the comment about ‘pollock’. 😂

I like Pollock. It’s not that far behind Haddock is it. Doesn’t have a great reputation though. Why not?

A bit slow on the turn and gets caught out of position occasionally?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 9:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH

Well written, and I understand where you are coming from. However whilst putting a case forward for not disrespecting the man himself( there is no place for the nastiness), you haven't put forward a case for keeping him in office. Are you happy with the way the team is playing? Are you happy with our points and position? If not what cunning plan is in place to rectify it?
  Also, whilst I'm on a roll,  please don't lecture fans, this is a two-way involvement. If GTFC was any other business(say a restaurant) except a club, it would have gone bust years ago, as clients (they wouldn't be fans of course) would have moved on as the poor food, bad service and indifferent owners would have killed off the business. And yet the fans have stayed, after the humiliation of several relegations, playing teams they've never heard of, in places they would struggle to find on a map. Managers and even owners are transient, most fans are for life, carrying on from the fathers, grandads, uncles etc
So no, there is no need for the nastiness, but we cannot go on as we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
grimps
October 17, 2023, 6:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimPol

Well written, and I understand where you are coming from. However whilst putting a case forward for not disrespecting the man himself( there is no place for the nastiness), you haven't put forward a case for keeping him in office. Are you happy with the way the team is playing? Are you happy with our points and position? If not what cunning plan is in place to rectify it?
  Also, whilst I'm on a roll,  please don't lecture fans, this is a two-way involvement. If GTFC was any other business(say a restaurant) except a club, it would have gone bust years ago, as clients (they wouldn't be fans of course) would have moved on as the poor food, bad service and indifferent owners would have killed off the business. And yet the fans have stayed, after the humiliation of several relegations, playing teams they've never heard of, in places they would struggle to find on a map. Managers and even owners are transient, most fans are for life, carrying on from the fathers, grandads, uncles etc

Well said

It seems that these days our expectations as a club are rock bottom , If people are happy to continue as we are then I really doubt we'll ever get back up the leagues.
We have spent more money than ever , we're getting the best crowds for 40 years and we have a team that can't string two passes together.
Continuing to accept this dross has been part of our downfall over the years.

I have nothing against Hurst and have great respect for his achievements here, but playing one striker upfront while at home which was dross all last season and has continued this season without the away form to paper it over.
I expected better this season and it looks like I'm not going to see that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 6:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps

Well said

It seems that these days our expectations as a club are rock bottom , If people are happy to continue as we are then I really doubt we'll ever get back up the leagues.
We have spent more money than ever , we're getting the best crowds for 40 years and we have a team that can't string two passes together.
Continuing to accept this dross has been part of our downfall over the years.

I have nothing against Hurst and have great respect for his achievements here, but playing one striker upfront while at home which was dross all last season and has continued this season without the away form to paper it over.
I expected better this season and it looks like I'm not going to see that

I think I remember the chairman saying that one of his objectives was to communicate better with the fans. Seems that’s slipped by the wayside.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
DaleH
October 17, 2023, 6:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from GrimPol

Where have I suggested that I want the club to go on as we are? I haven’t.

What I’ve asked for is that we show a little patience, back the manager, and be more understanding that sometimes even the best managers have to go through some difficult and testing times before things improve again.

Prior to Hust going first time around, I asked people to be careful what they wished for. It became my static sign off in my Fishy signature. And look what happened to our club when certain supporters got their way. I’ve a feeling it might be time to remind people again to “be careful what you wish for”.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 6:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH

Where have I suggested that I want the club to go on as we are? I haven’t.

What I’ve asked for is that we show a little patience, back the manager, and be more understanding that sometimes even the best managers have to go through some difficult and testing times before things improve again.

Prior to Hust going first time around, I asked people to be careful what they wished for. It became my static sign off in my Fishy signature. And look what happened to our club when certain supporters got their way. I’ve a feeling it might be time to remind people again to “be careful what you wish for”.

Hurst walked out on us first time around.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 6:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think I remember the chairman saying that one of his objectives was to communicate better with the fans. Seems that’s slipped by the wayside.

What exactly do you want them to communicate? I for one like the fact we only hear from them when absolutely necessary, from a club perspective anyway. If this was the old regime we’d have had two merlot soaked, midnight woe is me statements that rattle on about intercourse all by now, making us an embarrassment.

Nobody is saying the football is great, even the manager and players would tel you that. In the leaked documentary they even talk about the poor spell we had the year we went up (a spell much worse than this) and what they did to get out of it.

However, most realise that sacking managers was the cycle in which we found ourselves several times in our recent history and with the exception of Hurst, it almost always ended up being a bit of a failure, it just seems many of our fans have forgotten that. I keep hearing that fans wanting to keep Hurst lack ambition, weird really, I’d argue entering a cycle of sacking shows lack of ambition. Surely it’s about thick and thin and all that jazz…

What’s even more weird is this sly dig at owners etc when things don’t go well, mainly towards their political leanings, like that’s somehow a negative. Odd that the right leaning members of our fan base use that as a stick to beat them yet the left leaning didn’t go after Fenty the same way. I mean we could’ve, and probably should’ve after he let the likes of Johnson wear s town hat or Farij speak his bollcoks, but people didn’t, other than to say it was a silly move and not an ideal piece of PR.

It’s all a bit weird and right now, the reason that’s makes going to the match hard isn’t the team or performances, it’s the attitudes and behaviours of some of our fans, that’s for me personally, others will disagree but it’s flipping tiring sitting there just listening to people talk absolute flipping nonsense from KO and then blowing a gasket over something, which in truth isn’t really that important is it?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
chaos33
October 17, 2023, 7:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Although it saddened/angered me, you couldn’t really blame him. He was working with Fenty. I’d have been out of there like a stabbed rat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So we had two managers who, following decent seasons walked out, without really wanting to, says more about the odious girl private running the club at the time than the two that walked…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

So we had two managers who, following decent seasons walked out, without really wanting to, says more about the odious girl private running the club at the time than the two that walked…

Agreed. My response was to the point about ‘being careful what we wished for’ the first time he left.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 88
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agreed. My response was to the point about ‘being careful what we wished for’ the first time he left.

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 88
1mickylyons
October 17, 2023, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from aldi_01

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

Not sure how you work out the side was worse?
£1 M striker in Bogle his hatrick home to Stevenage season highlight
Henderson in goal
Solid back 4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t disagree but Fenty isn’t here anymore, we are a better club and have a better budget yet the results and performances are still pish.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, we might, under different circumstances, have only won once this season had Barrow brought their shooting boots and Salford kept eleven on the pitch.

I know that’s ifs and buts but he did have a point.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 88
ginnywings
October 17, 2023, 11:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t disagree but Fenty isn’t here anymore, we are a better club and have a better budget yet the results and performances are still pish.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, we might, under different circumstances, have only won once this season had Barrow brought their shooting boots and Salford kept eleven on the pitch.

I know that’s ifs and buts but he did have a point.

And we might have won Saturday if we had eleven on the pitch and had our shooting boots on. We might also have also won at Bradford, Walsall, Tranmere and got a point at Swindon and home to Crawley.

It's not really a credible argument is it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

And we might have won Saturday if we had eleven on the pitch and had our shooting boots on. We might also have also won at Bradford, Walsall, Tranmere and got a point at Swindon and home to Crawley.

It's not really a credible argument is it?

I did actually say that in my conversation. It's all ifs and buts.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 88
Dodorondon
October 17, 2023, 12:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
It seems Scunny fans are a lot happier than us…… as previously mentioned our armchair critics rule…. Apparently  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 88
DB
October 17, 2023, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,029
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from aldi_01

I don't think it is a matter of wanting him to fail, but his decisions seem to be failing. Team selection, tactics and lack of attacking at home. I would like him to succeed but it is up to him to change his ways. If plan A doesn't work use plan B, C, D or whatever will work.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 88
Norseman
October 18, 2023, 12:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You could always buy the guardian .He has plenty to say in there😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 88
denni266
October 18, 2023, 6:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from aldi_01

So those that want him gone and a change from this crap style  { if you can call it a style of play }  in your words are idiots ????   Yer right  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 7:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Dodorondon
It seems Scunny fans are a lot happier than us…… as previously mentioned our armchair critics rule…. Apparently  

If things don't change we might be playing them next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 8:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Can I ask a question? Is there a time limit on "It's All Fenty's Fault"
I mean when The New Fishy ( or it could be The New New New Fishy by then) is still going strong in 2053, there will need to be Explanatory Notes and Trigger Warnings supplied about who Fenty was.

I'm just asking like, as some on this site are harbouring deep-seated emotional trauma about that era. The NHS will need to set aside some spaces and chuck out malingering Ukrainian kids who have only seen their parents annihilated to make way for Mariner Fans suffering from the much more debilitating Fenty Syndrome.

Do get a grip.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 88
Sandford1981
October 18, 2023, 8:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from GrimPol

I mean when The New Fishy ( or it could be The New New New Fishy by then) is still going strong in 2053, there will need to be Explanatory Notes and Trigger Warnings supplied about who Fenty was.

I'm just asking like, as some on this site are harbouring deep-seated emotional trauma about that era. The NHS will need to set aside some spaces and chuck out malingering Ukrainian kids who have only seen their parents annihilated to make way for Mariner Fans suffering from the much more debilitating Fenty Syndrome.

Do get a grip.

If only there was a suitable quote about those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it…

If you’re a failure and a cretin to boot, it tends to stick in the memory and isn’t easily eradicated.

He who shall not be named’s tenure will forever be used as a barometer for failure and be used as a marker to ensure we don’t return to it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 10:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

If only there was a suitable quote about those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it…

If your a failure and a cretin to boot, it tends to stick in the memory and isn’t easily eradicated.

He who shall not be named’s tenure will forever be used as a barometer for failure and be used as a marker to ensure we don’t return to it.

As usual, if you don't have an argument, a riposte or can't string together a coherent viewpoint, then calling a fellow man "If your a failure and a cretin to boot" will have to do I suppose.
Sad really.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
Sandford1981
October 18, 2023, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

As usual, if you don't have an argument, a riposte or can't string together a coherent viewpoint, then calling a fellow man "If your a failure and a cretin to boot" will have to do I suppose.
Sad really.

If you are going to call me out for coherence then at least make sure your reply makes sense too. I didn’t call him  a ‘if your a failure and a cretin to boot’ I called him a ‘failure ‘ and a ‘cretin’ but obviously I’m being pedantic and tongue in cheek!

I take the point you’re trying to make though and perhaps I could have listed the many failures and cretinous things he did to support what I was saying but they’ve been covered so often and there have been so many that I didn’t want to repeat them all.
Perhaps I should have just expressed the sentiment that we should not forget the past so that we are not doomed to repeat it.

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 11:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Ffs another Fenty thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 88
forza ivano
October 18, 2023, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HerveJosse
Ffs another Fenty thread

not quite as boring as another anti Hurst thread, or the sly anti 1878 digs whenever certain posters get a chance. You know the sort Herve, don't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
Phil the cod
October 20, 2023, 11:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from GrimPol

Well said, I don't agree with his post but utterly respect his right to an opinion.
In a fair and free society, opinions you don't like made by people you don't like are the fuel of intelligent debate.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
GrimPol
October 20, 2023, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

If you are going to call me out for coherence then at least make sure your reply makes sense too. I didn’t call him  a ‘if your a failure and a cretin to boot’ I called him a ‘failure ‘ and a ‘cretin’ but obviously I’m being pedantic and tongue in cheek!

I take the point you’re trying to make though and perhaps I could have listed the many failures and cretinous things he did to support what I was saying but they’ve been covered so often and there have been so many that I didn’t want to repeat them all.
Perhaps I should have just expressed the sentiment that we should not forget the past so that we are not doomed to repeat it.

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
1mickylyons
October 20, 2023, 8:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?

Might I suggest clapping along in a rather happy manner it seems the go to for many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

What worries me is that PH is reverting to type in his pre match interviews. Today he alluded to the players lack of confidence being due to the pressure from the fans. Alienating the fan base isn’t the wisest way forward.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 8:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What worries me is that PH is reverting to type in his pre match interviews. Today he alluded to the players lack of confidence being due to the pressure from the fans. Alienating the fan base isn’t the wisest way forward.

I listened to the RH One and heard nothing of the sort?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Sandford1981
October 20, 2023, 8:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

My post was not driven by the desire to get ticks nor was it my view that I was doing everyone a favour. I was merely expressing a personal and superficial viewpoint and not a particularly outlandish one at that.
You don’t agree with it and that’s fine by me!

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

He said that he understood that the fans want the team to be winning games and that it affects confidence if they don’t. I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t heard it.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He said that he understood that the fans want the team to be winning games and that it affects confidence if they don’t. I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t heard it.

So he didnt say anything about pressure from the fans like you first stated?

He’s actually just said it how it is, that when you dont win, of course it isnt going to help confidence. Bloke cant flipping win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

He’s actually just said it how it is, that when you dont win, of course it isnt going to help confidence. Bloke cant flipping win

That’s the problem, yeah.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
HerveJosse
October 20, 2023, 9:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s the problem, yeah.

He also said the performance against Accrington was good. Enough said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
ginnywings
October 20, 2023, 10:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Hagrid

Got a link for the RH interview?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Got a link for the RH interview?

Yes mate, See Below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gmrckj

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
ginnywings
October 20, 2023, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Ta very much.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 88
arryarryarry
October 21, 2023, 12:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimPol

I thought he came with the full backing of the current regime?

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 88
GibMariner
October 21, 2023, 8:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
He did have their backing according to what I was told, they, the new regime were actually in the interview with PH, which was months before they finally took over the club.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 88
Rick12
October 21, 2023, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from buckstown
Why on earth can't people behave with just a touch of decency and decorum in these situations? It costs nothing to show respect and express yourself without resorting to juvenile sniping.
I know we all feel a bit harder sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard but gracious me. The golden rule all parents teach all children - "treat people with the respect..........."
One of the best posts I've read on here for a long time. Both left and right of the political divide and middle of the road ( me ) can do well to be reminded of  the above.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 88
1mickylyons
October 21, 2023, 9:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

First thing you've said in a while I agree with.The bloke can't win .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 88
Mappers
October 21, 2023, 9:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from GrimPol

Do get a grip.

I suppose another question -is how much damage of Fenty's inadequecy is still being felt today ?

I would probably suggest quite a lot , still at BP in division 4 seemingly left behind by  historically at least smaller clubs.

We have moved on , but turning around our  footballing equivalent of the titanic will take time and Captain Birdseye has to be accountable for so much disrepair , for a lifetime IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 88
GrimPol
October 21, 2023, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

My post was not driven by the desire to get ticks nor was it my view that I was doing everyone a favour. I was merely expressing a personal and superficial viewpoint and not a particularly outlandish one at that.
You don’t agree with it and that’s fine by me!

Then let's part on a handshake, and see how we fair at Stockport. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 88
Sandford1981
October 21, 2023, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Then let's part on a handshake, and see how we fair at Stockport. UTM

I fear a good hiding truth be told but I’d love to be wrong!

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 88
October 21, 2023, 10:12am
Guest User
Quoted from buckstown

My sentiments exactly, only when you call somebody out for it the spotlight gets turned on you.  

I just wish people would think before they speak or type.  People aren't robots, they have feelings.
The players don't go out to lose and the manager does care.

If you wouldn't say it to somebody's face then don't say it at all.
Reply: 78 - 88
GrimPol
October 21, 2023, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he came with the full backing of the current regime?

He was employed by the last regime. As to was the new regime on the employment committee some on this site seem to know more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 88
pontoonlew
October 21, 2023, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
I’ve got to say the pre & post match interviews this season have really worried me. I’ve not heard Hurst ever blame refs before to the level he has (he’s right, but it’s very unlike him) and the excuses for the performances this season really don’t seem to reflect what I’m seeing every week.

He was also asked if he can understand why fans don’t see this season as progress, instead of answering he went on some weird tangent about Saudi owners & how great everybody else is.

I really want it to work for him and especially us, but something feels off and he seems to be really struggling to address it. Even if we do something against the odds (and it riles me that it’s so unlikely), I still think we’ve got some big issues that aren’t very fixable unless he completely changes his style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 88
October 21, 2023, 10:58am
Guest User
Clearly he'll be low on confidence and be all too aware of the mounting pressure on him.
As a manager he's got to be diplomatic in his answers and that's where it can come across as a lack of enthusiasm.

He's more of a calm nature.

And let's face it, our last venture with a larger than life media dream manager didn't do us any favours.  
Reply: 81 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 21, 2023, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 141269

My sentiments exactly, only when you call somebody out for it the spotlight gets turned on you.  

I just wish people would think before they speak or type.  People aren't robots, they have feelings.
The players don't go out to lose and the manager does care.

If you wouldn't say it to somebody's face then don't say it at all.

My thoughts are that he always has to make a pointed remark about someone, whether it’s the fans or the players. He says he’s an experienced manager - he is - so he should be looking to get the best out of everyone, from the fans to the coaches.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 88
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 21, 2023, 12:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Just wish he would be a little more honest about the previous match. I would feel more confident in him if he had said it was a poor game played by two poor sides on the day and had Eisa scored we may have gone on to win, deserved or not.

His suggestion that we had played quite well and we reacted well to going one down are just not an accurate reflection of what most of the fans thought they had witnessed. Not sure how he can address our poor form if he believes we are playing ok?

Anyway let’s just hope we see a sea change in the next three games and we can start breathing a little easier rather than looking how close to the bottom two we are getting!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 88
Chrisblor
October 21, 2023, 1:33pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 237
I don't think he's ever going to front up in a pre or post match interview and admit "yeah we've been shite and keep continually conceding rubbish goals" because of concerns about the impact of publicly admitting that on the players. He'll occasionally make shrouded references about players not doing what he wants and I'm sure behind closed doors he's been very clear about how unacceptable many of our performances have been this season, but he's always been very guarded with both his public praise and criticism of his players.

Now I'd argue that on occasion as a manager there are times when it does pay to be honest about individual and collective performances by the players (as well as your own as their manager), and now would be one of those times if only to keep the fans on board a bit more, but he's not that sort of manager and we'll just have to put up with his approach (unless he can't turn it around and does eventually get the sack).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 88
October 21, 2023, 1:41pm
Guest User
What we forget is that managers at high level have a trained eye for things.  They see things differently to armchair managers like you or I.
They have the knowledge of statistical analysis of the opposition and set the team up essentially to counter them.  

We just think it's a case of selecting the best 11, picking a formation and sending them out to play.
It's far more intense, it's reacting to changes in opposition tactics, substitutions, injuries etc..

So whilst we might say the team were poor today, the manager might say they performed as he asked so therefore thinks they were ok.
Judging a manager on his media appearance would be way down my list of priorities.

From an elevated position we see the game differently to a manager at touchline level too.

He knows the players inside out, knows their capabilities and sees them on the training pitch so I have to concede he knows far better than me when it comes to being a football league manager.  

Of course there are better managers out there and inevitably at some point we are going to have to make a change.  
But like that big striker we are all clambering for you can't just pick a manager off the shelf.  They have to be available, affordable and want to come to us.  

Until then it's a case of supporting what we have and hoping it'll get turned around soon.
Reply: 85 - 88
exiledmeggie
October 21, 2023, 3:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 19
It never happened when John ran the place!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 88
dapperz fun pub
October 21, 2023, 3:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from exiledmeggie
It never happened when John ran the place!

We would be in scunnys league if he ran the place
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 88
exiledmeggie
October 21, 2023, 4:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

We would be in scunnys league if he ran the place

But we are not far off Scunny at the moment, unless there is a change, we are heading again to Non League?

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 88
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.