1mickylyons
October 20, 2023, 8:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimPol

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?

Might I suggest clapping along in a rather happy manner it seems the go to for many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimPol

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?

What worries me is that PH is reverting to type in his pre match interviews. Today he alluded to the players lack of confidence being due to the pressure from the fans. Alienating the fan base isn’t the wisest way forward.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 8:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What worries me is that PH is reverting to type in his pre match interviews. Today he alluded to the players lack of confidence being due to the pressure from the fans. Alienating the fan base isn’t the wisest way forward.

I listened to the RH One and heard nothing of the sort?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Sandford1981
October 20, 2023, 8:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from GrimPol

My post was not driven by the desire to get ticks nor was it my view that I was doing everyone a favour. I was merely expressing a personal and superficial viewpoint and not a particularly outlandish one at that.
You don’t agree with it and that’s fine by me!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

He said that he understood that the fans want the team to be winning games and that it affects confidence if they don’t. I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t heard it.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He said that he understood that the fans want the team to be winning games and that it affects confidence if they don’t. I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t heard it.

So he didnt say anything about pressure from the fans like you first stated?

He’s actually just said it how it is, that when you dont win, of course it isnt going to help confidence. Bloke cant flipping win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2023, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

So he didnt say anything about pressure from the fans like you first stated?

He’s actually just said it how it is, that when you dont win, of course it isnt going to help confidence. Bloke cant flipping win

That’s the problem, yeah.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
HerveJosse
October 20, 2023, 9:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s the problem, yeah.

He also said the performance against Accrington was good. Enough said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
ginnywings
October 20, 2023, 10:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid

Got a link for the RH interview?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
Hagrid
October 20, 2023, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Got a link for the RH interview?

Yes mate, See Below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gmrckj

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.