arryarryarry
October 21, 2023, 12:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimPol

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?

I thought he came with the full backing of the current regime?

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 88
GibMariner
October 21, 2023, 8:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
He did have their backing according to what I was told, they, the new regime were actually in the interview with PH, which was months before they finally took over the club.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 88
Rick12
October 21, 2023, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from buckstown
Why on earth can't people behave with just a touch of decency and decorum in these situations? It costs nothing to show respect and express yourself without resorting to juvenile sniping.
I know we all feel a bit harder sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard but gracious me. The golden rule all parents teach all children - "treat people with the respect..........."
One of the best posts I've read on here for a long time. Both left and right of the political divide and middle of the road ( me ) can do well to be reminded of  the above.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 88
1mickylyons
October 21, 2023, 9:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Hagrid

So he didnt say anything about pressure from the fans like you first stated?

He’s actually just said it how it is, that when you dont win, of course it isnt going to help confidence. Bloke cant flipping win

First thing you've said in a while I agree with.The bloke can't win .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 88
Mappers
October 21, 2023, 9:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,333
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimPol

Can I ask a question? Is there a time limit on "It's All Fenty's Fault"
I mean when The New Fishy ( or it could be The New New New Fishy by then) is still going strong in 2053, there will need to be Explanatory Notes and Trigger Warnings supplied about who Fenty was.

I'm just asking like, as some on this site are harbouring deep-seated emotional trauma about that era. The NHS will need to set aside some spaces and chuck out malingering Ukrainian kids who have only seen their parents annihilated to make way for Mariner Fans suffering from the much more debilitating Fenty Syndrome.

Do get a grip.

I suppose another question -is how much damage of Fenty's inadequecy is still being felt today ?

I would probably suggest quite a lot , still at BP in division 4 seemingly left behind by  historically at least smaller clubs.

We have moved on , but turning around our  footballing equivalent of the titanic will take time and Captain Birdseye has to be accountable for so much disrepair , for a lifetime IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 88
GrimPol
October 21, 2023, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Sandford1981

My post was not driven by the desire to get ticks nor was it my view that I was doing everyone a favour. I was merely expressing a personal and superficial viewpoint and not a particularly outlandish one at that.
You don’t agree with it and that’s fine by me!

Then let's part on a handshake, and see how we fair at Stockport. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 88
Sandford1981
October 21, 2023, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from GrimPol

Then let's part on a handshake, and see how we fair at Stockport. UTM

I fear a good hiding truth be told but I’d love to be wrong!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 88
October 21, 2023, 10:12am
Guest User
Quoted from buckstown
Why on earth can't people behave with just a touch of decency and decorum in these situations? It costs nothing to show respect and express yourself without resorting to juvenile sniping.
I know we all feel a bit harder sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard but gracious me. The golden rule all parents teach all children - "treat people with the respect..........."

My sentiments exactly, only when you call somebody out for it the spotlight gets turned on you.  

I just wish people would think before they speak or type.  People aren't robots, they have feelings.
The players don't go out to lose and the manager does care.

If you wouldn't say it to somebody's face then don't say it at all.
Reply: 78 - 88
GrimPol
October 21, 2023, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he came with the full backing of the current regime?

He was employed by the last regime. As to was the new regime on the employment committee some on this site seem to know more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.