denni266
October 18, 2023, 6:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from aldi_01

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

So those that want him gone and a change from this crap style  { if you can call it a style of play }  in your words are idiots ????   Yer right  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 7:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Dodorondon
It seems Scunny fans are a lot happier than us…… as previously mentioned our armchair critics rule…. Apparently  

If things don't change we might be playing them next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 8:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

Can I ask a question? Is there a time limit on "It's All Fenty's Fault"
I mean when The New Fishy ( or it could be The New New New Fishy by then) is still going strong in 2053, there will need to be Explanatory Notes and Trigger Warnings supplied about who Fenty was.

I'm just asking like, as some on this site are harbouring deep-seated emotional trauma about that era. The NHS will need to set aside some spaces and chuck out malingering Ukrainian kids who have only seen their parents annihilated to make way for Mariner Fans suffering from the much more debilitating Fenty Syndrome.

Do get a grip.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 88
Sandford1981
October 18, 2023, 8:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from GrimPol

Can I ask a question? Is there a time limit on "It's All Fenty's Fault"
I mean when The New Fishy ( or it could be The New New New Fishy by then) is still going strong in 2053, there will need to be Explanatory Notes and Trigger Warnings supplied about who Fenty was.

I'm just asking like, as some on this site are harbouring deep-seated emotional trauma about that era. The NHS will need to set aside some spaces and chuck out malingering Ukrainian kids who have only seen their parents annihilated to make way for Mariner Fans suffering from the much more debilitating Fenty Syndrome.

Do get a grip.

If only there was a suitable quote about those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it…

If you’re a failure and a cretin to boot, it tends to stick in the memory and isn’t easily eradicated.

He who shall not be named’s tenure will forever be used as a barometer for failure and be used as a marker to ensure we don’t return to it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
GrimPol
October 18, 2023, 10:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

If only there was a suitable quote about those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it…

If your a failure and a cretin to boot, it tends to stick in the memory and isn’t easily eradicated.

He who shall not be named’s tenure will forever be used as a barometer for failure and be used as a marker to ensure we don’t return to it.

As usual, if you don't have an argument, a riposte or can't string together a coherent viewpoint, then calling a fellow man "If your a failure and a cretin to boot" will have to do I suppose.
Sad really.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
Sandford1981
October 18, 2023, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from GrimPol

As usual, if you don't have an argument, a riposte or can't string together a coherent viewpoint, then calling a fellow man "If your a failure and a cretin to boot" will have to do I suppose.
Sad really.

If you are going to call me out for coherence then at least make sure your reply makes sense too. I didn’t call him  a ‘if your a failure and a cretin to boot’ I called him a ‘failure ‘ and a ‘cretin’ but obviously I’m being pedantic and tongue in cheek!

I take the point you’re trying to make though and perhaps I could have listed the many failures and cretinous things he did to support what I was saying but they’ve been covered so often and there have been so many that I didn’t want to repeat them all.
Perhaps I should have just expressed the sentiment that we should not forget the past so that we are not doomed to repeat it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 11:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Ffs another Fenty thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 88
forza ivano
October 18, 2023, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,192
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HerveJosse
Ffs another Fenty thread

not quite as boring as another anti Hurst thread, or the sly anti 1878 digs whenever certain posters get a chance. You know the sort Herve, don't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
Phil the cod
October 20, 2023, 11:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from GrimPol

None on this site has the right to ask to shut down the post. (Assuming they are not libellous, or downright insulting-various)
If you don't like it, ignore it and don't reply to it. Cancel Culture is corrosive to democracy, be it on the outside world or The Fishy.

Well said, I don't agree with his post but utterly respect his right to an opinion.
In a fair and free society, opinions you don't like made by people you don't like are the fuel of intelligent debate.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
GrimPol
October 20, 2023, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

If you are going to call me out for coherence then at least make sure your reply makes sense too. I didn’t call him  a ‘if your a failure and a cretin to boot’ I called him a ‘failure ‘ and a ‘cretin’ but obviously I’m being pedantic and tongue in cheek!

I take the point you’re trying to make though and perhaps I could have listed the many failures and cretinous things he did to support what I was saying but they’ve been covered so often and there have been so many that I didn’t want to repeat them all.
Perhaps I should have just expressed the sentiment that we should not forget the past so that we are not doomed to repeat it.

Getting easy ticks by dissing the last regime is great as far as it goes, but actually solves nothing. Your view is that you are doing us all a favour and reminding us "Lest we forget" how bad things were.
And yet here we are struggling, with a Manager employed by the last regime, who took us down (he had his work cut out tbf) an insipid L2 finishlast season (again tbf a short time to get his team together) and when all the pieces are in place, we have a bad start. We have DaleH coming in moaning that his mate has beastly things said on this site, but doesn't even mention our problem, but "he is sure" that PH will sort it, without actually saying how. Others of course think the 21st Group has the answers on their spreadsheets, and people believe them. Yes they may extract the last 5% but now we need 50% uplift to save this season. The best input is from someone that PH should recruit to play his system or play the system for players he's recruited. It's probably correct.
So keep wallawing in the past, getting oodles of upticks whilst adding nothing of value to the discussion in hand. What are we going to do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.