October 16, 2023, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DaleH
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

Hang on a minute. Putting aside the one or two that are just daft/attention seeking/vitriolic the rest of us are discussing the manager of our club in a reasonable way.

He is a professional football manager and has seen it all before. He is not going to crying to his nearest and dearest cos we are discussing his job.

He will know more than us we have been very poor,  so poor some of us just can't understand how such an experienced manager can assemble such an unbalanced squad.

If he survives till then he will have to try to put it right in January.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
Spurn boy
October 16, 2023, 6:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from chaos33
Pollock is kind.

I remember as a fisherman catching Pollack and they usually came to the surface with their mouth wide open, probably a good description.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GrimPol

None on this site has the right to ask to shut down the post. (Assuming they are not libellous, or downright insulting-various)
If you don't like it, ignore it and don't reply to it. Cancel Culture is corrosive to democracy, be it on the outside world or The Fishy.

So calling the owners spineless isn't libellous tgen?...I believe that that to be a personal attack on their character and isn't needed FFS!!...AND WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD ON IT FFS ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
WesternMariner
October 16, 2023, 6:39pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +933
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from realist
With fans displeasure of the manager at the highest level for some time, our tree hugging Guardian writing leaders are unusually silent. Do they lack the will to do anything or are they studying data to give a measured response?
A vote of confidence in their manager is  normally issued in these situations.

Aw diddums - why don’t you get yourself down the 180 a bit and join a Scunny forum their recent leaders seem a bit more aligned to your philosophy?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DaleH
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

Football is a weird industry and Paul Hurst is a decent man. That means he’s accountable for the club’s results. He’s also not daft. He’s not got long to turn things around. No one wants to be looking at the relegation trap door again, particularly a club like ours who have been non league so recently.

Being a nice bloke in a weird industry doesn’t give you a free pass. He’s running out of time but I think you know that.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 16, 2023, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Being a nice bloke in a weird industry doesn’t give you a free pass.

What about being a weird man in a shït industry?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236

What about being a weird man in a shït industry?

🤔
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
acko338
October 16, 2023, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Hurst is DEFINITELY unhappy with the poor form of some of the squad.

He will not slag any particular player, but you know when the axe falls on both players in one position that a statement is being made.

Players know themselves that they have lost form and need to get stuck in when selected.

We all want to see free flowing passing football, but several of the squad have certainly lost confidence.

Throw in longer term injuries and you have a worst case scenario that means players and formations are thrown to the wind !

When simple passing moves go to pot and players are not playing to their potential, then any team that plays well constructed football with good possession, width and pace are going to rip through us too easily.

Whatever formation that Hurst employs will only ever work with players having confidence, wanting to tun with a well controlled ball, and knowing where the next pass has to go.

None of these qualities are currently being shown by any of the teams that Hurst is picking.

When normally dependable players are making simple mistakes, then it's back to basics in training. It drags those who are still playing ok down to the same poor level.

Subs at any time will have very little impact when the style of play remains as it is now.

January will need to be carefully assessed for new faces that can improve what is currently being seen.

Perhaps League 2 has found some of the squad out as above their level of attainment.

Not a happy time to be a fan currently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
grimsby pete
October 16, 2023, 7:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Jason Andrew and. Debbie, have my respect and I have every confidence in them to do the right thing at the right time.

Now although I have said I want Hurst to go I don't expect him to get the sack.

Our poor form and dropping down the league can not go on for much longer so it might not be a happy Christmas for Hurst and Doig.

The other staff should be safe as they are not making any decisions apart from advising the terrible two have to carry the can.

Paul can turn things round with an upturn in form and results and we might have Jason telling us he is glad he did not listen to us when we were calling sack the manager !!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.