aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hurst walked out on us first time around.

So we had two managers who, following decent seasons walked out, without really wanting to, says more about the odious girl private running the club at the time than the two that walked…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

So we had two managers who, following decent seasons walked out, without really wanting to, says more about the odious girl private running the club at the time than the two that walked…

Agreed. My response was to the point about ‘being careful what we wished for’ the first time he left.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 88
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agreed. My response was to the point about ‘being careful what we wished for’ the first time he left.

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 88
1mickylyons
October 17, 2023, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from aldi_01

What most of the idiots desperate to see him fail don’t see is that the worst decision ever, under Fenty was allowing Hurst to leave. The club/Fenty killed any sense of momentum after that promotion but Hurst was somehow getting a tune out of a far worse side than the one we came up with, and in truth, his departure started the slow cycle back to non league…

Not sure how you work out the side was worse?
£1 M striker in Bogle his hatrick home to Stevenage season highlight
Henderson in goal
Solid back 4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t disagree but Fenty isn’t here anymore, we are a better club and have a better budget yet the results and performances are still pish.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, we might, under different circumstances, have only won once this season had Barrow brought their shooting boots and Salford kept eleven on the pitch.

I know that’s ifs and buts but he did have a point.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 88
ginnywings
October 17, 2023, 11:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t disagree but Fenty isn’t here anymore, we are a better club and have a better budget yet the results and performances are still pish.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, we might, under different circumstances, have only won once this season had Barrow brought their shooting boots and Salford kept eleven on the pitch.

I know that’s ifs and buts but he did have a point.

And we might have won Saturday if we had eleven on the pitch and had our shooting boots on. We might also have also won at Bradford, Walsall, Tranmere and got a point at Swindon and home to Crawley.

It's not really a credible argument is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

And we might have won Saturday if we had eleven on the pitch and had our shooting boots on. We might also have also won at Bradford, Walsall, Tranmere and got a point at Swindon and home to Crawley.

It's not really a credible argument is it?

I did actually say that in my conversation. It's all ifs and buts.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 88
Dodorondon
October 17, 2023, 12:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
It seems Scunny fans are a lot happier than us…… as previously mentioned our armchair critics rule…. Apparently  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 88
DB
October 17, 2023, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from aldi_01

I don't think it is a matter of wanting him to fail, but his decisions seem to be failing. Team selection, tactics and lack of attacking at home. I would like him to succeed but it is up to him to change his ways. If plan A doesn't work use plan B, C, D or whatever will work.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 88
Norseman
October 18, 2023, 12:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think I remember the chairman saying that one of his objectives was to communicate better with the fans. Seems that’s slipped by the wayside.

You could always buy the guardian .He has plenty to say in there😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.