ancientmariner54
October 16, 2023, 7:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from FishySmithy
Thank god they don’t share the same views as you ya Wally, did you panic buy loo roll and pasta by any chance.

Quality !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,932
Gold Stars: 360

What about being a weird man in a shït industry?

😂

Also - the comment about ‘pollock’. 😂

I like Pollock. It’s not that far behind Haddock is it. Doesn’t have a great reputation though. Why not?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 16, 2023, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,275
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from chaos33

😂

Also - the comment about ‘pollock’. 😂

I like Pollock. It’s not that far behind Haddock is it. Doesn’t have a great reputation though. Why not?

A bit slow on the turn and gets caught out of position occasionally?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 9:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from DaleH
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

Well written, and I understand where you are coming from. However whilst putting a case forward for not disrespecting the man himself( there is no place for the nastiness), you haven't put forward a case for keeping him in office. Are you happy with the way the team is playing? Are you happy with our points and position? If not what cunning plan is in place to rectify it?
  Also, whilst I'm on a roll,  please don't lecture fans, this is a two-way involvement. If GTFC was any other business(say a restaurant) except a club, it would have gone bust years ago, as clients (they wouldn't be fans of course) would have moved on as the poor food, bad service and indifferent owners would have killed off the business. And yet the fans have stayed, after the humiliation of several relegations, playing teams they've never heard of, in places they would struggle to find on a map. Managers and even owners are transient, most fans are for life, carrying on from the fathers, grandads, uncles etc
So no, there is no need for the nastiness, but we cannot go on as we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
grimps
October 17, 2023, 6:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimPol

Well written, and I understand where you are coming from. However whilst putting a case forward for not disrespecting the man himself( there is no place for the nastiness), you haven't put forward a case for keeping him in office. Are you happy with the way the team is playing? Are you happy with our points and position? If not what cunning plan is in place to rectify it?
  Also, whilst I'm on a roll,  please don't lecture fans, this is a two-way involvement. If GTFC was any other business(say a restaurant) except a club, it would have gone bust years ago, as clients (they wouldn't be fans of course) would have moved on as the poor food, bad service and indifferent owners would have killed off the business. And yet the fans have stayed, after the humiliation of several relegations, playing teams they've never heard of, in places they would struggle to find on a map. Managers and even owners are transient, most fans are for life, carrying on from the fathers, grandads, uncles etc

Well said

It seems that these days our expectations as a club are rock bottom , If people are happy to continue as we are then I really doubt we'll ever get back up the leagues.
We have spent more money than ever , we're getting the best crowds for 40 years and we have a team that can't string two passes together.
Continuing to accept this dross has been part of our downfall over the years.

I have nothing against Hurst and have great respect for his achievements here, but playing one striker upfront while at home which was dross all last season and has continued this season without the away form to paper it over.
I expected better this season and it looks like I'm not going to see that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 6:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimps

Well said

It seems that these days our expectations as a club are rock bottom , If people are happy to continue as we are then I really doubt we'll ever get back up the leagues.
We have spent more money than ever , we're getting the best crowds for 40 years and we have a team that can't string two passes together.
Continuing to accept this dross has been part of our downfall over the years.

I have nothing against Hurst and have great respect for his achievements here, but playing one striker upfront while at home which was dross all last season and has continued this season without the away form to paper it over.
I expected better this season and it looks like I'm not going to see that

I think I remember the chairman saying that one of his objectives was to communicate better with the fans. Seems that’s slipped by the wayside.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
DaleH
October 17, 2023, 6:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from GrimPol

Where have I suggested that I want the club to go on as we are? I haven’t.

What I’ve asked for is that we show a little patience, back the manager, and be more understanding that sometimes even the best managers have to go through some difficult and testing times before things improve again.

Prior to Hust going first time around, I asked people to be careful what they wished for. It became my static sign off in my Fishy signature. And look what happened to our club when certain supporters got their way. I’ve a feeling it might be time to remind people again to “be careful what you wish for”.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 88
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 6:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from DaleH

Where have I suggested that I want the club to go on as we are? I haven’t.

What I’ve asked for is that we show a little patience, back the manager, and be more understanding that sometimes even the best managers have to go through some difficult and testing times before things improve again.

Prior to Hust going first time around, I asked people to be careful what they wished for. It became my static sign off in my Fishy signature. And look what happened to our club when certain supporters got their way. I’ve a feeling it might be time to remind people again to “be careful what you wish for”.

Hurst walked out on us first time around.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 6:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think I remember the chairman saying that one of his objectives was to communicate better with the fans. Seems that’s slipped by the wayside.

What exactly do you want them to communicate? I for one like the fact we only hear from them when absolutely necessary, from a club perspective anyway. If this was the old regime we’d have had two merlot soaked, midnight woe is me statements that rattle on about intercourse all by now, making us an embarrassment.

Nobody is saying the football is great, even the manager and players would tel you that. In the leaked documentary they even talk about the poor spell we had the year we went up (a spell much worse than this) and what they did to get out of it.

However, most realise that sacking managers was the cycle in which we found ourselves several times in our recent history and with the exception of Hurst, it almost always ended up being a bit of a failure, it just seems many of our fans have forgotten that. I keep hearing that fans wanting to keep Hurst lack ambition, weird really, I’d argue entering a cycle of sacking shows lack of ambition. Surely it’s about thick and thin and all that jazz…

What’s even more weird is this sly dig at owners etc when things don’t go well, mainly towards their political leanings, like that’s somehow a negative. Odd that the right leaning members of our fan base use that as a stick to beat them yet the left leaning didn’t go after Fenty the same way. I mean we could’ve, and probably should’ve after he let the likes of Johnson wear s town hat or Farij speak his bollcoks, but people didn’t, other than to say it was a silly move and not an ideal piece of PR.

It’s all a bit weird and right now, the reason that’s makes going to the match hard isn’t the team or performances, it’s the attitudes and behaviours of some of our fans, that’s for me personally, others will disagree but it’s flipping tiring sitting there just listening to people talk absolute flipping nonsense from KO and then blowing a gasket over something, which in truth isn’t really that important is it?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
chaos33
October 17, 2023, 7:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,932
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hurst walked out on us first time around.

Although it saddened/angered me, you couldn’t really blame him. He was working with Fenty. I’d have been out of there like a stabbed rat.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.