This thread currently has 7,751 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
FishySmithy
October 16, 2023, 4:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Thank god they don’t share the same views as you ya Wally, did you panic buy loo roll and pasta by any chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Where is FFS when you need him?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 88
VinnyGTFC
October 16, 2023, 5:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
The spineless leaders as you call them like a small child, are the ones around the club, the management team , the players and will see things we don't. If you want to be in their position and make the decisions you should have been a better boy at school. In the meantime I'm happy and confident they will not strike from a knee jerk reaction and will do the very best for the club as they see it, and when I look at other clubs going from one poor manager to the next I can live with that.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 16, 2023, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

They'll know that if a change has to happen, it needs to happen before January for obvious reasons so IF they change manager, I wouldn't expect to see any changes until early December unless there's some huge boycott or town lose 23-0

Personally, I think he will have the next 3 matches to show that improvement is possible and imminent. The home match v Colchester will be massive as lose that and I believe the atmosphere will be very unpleasant and once that happens it really does become just a matter of time. Said before I’m one for change now but hoping that if he stays we pick up a couple of wins in the next three games and we can all start getting more optimistic about how this season might pan out. Not particularly convinced that’s going to happen though!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
Dodorondon
October 16, 2023, 5:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
First rule of public relations: Don’t respond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 88
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 5:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Administration, shut this down please, we already have one thread that's feeding the trolls,...

None on this site has the right to ask to shut down the post. (Assuming they are not libellous, or downright insulting-various)
If you don't like it, ignore it and don't reply to it. Cancel Culture is corrosive to democracy, be it on the outside world or The Fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
DaleH
October 16, 2023, 5:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
Spurn boy
October 16, 2023, 6:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Public statements by owners of football clubs don’t necessarily work, you only have to look down the road at Glanford Park and see the chaos and embarrassment statements made by the former owner David Hilton caused so I think a bit of discretion by our owners is not a bad thing.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from DaleH
Can't believe I am reading the rubbish.

Paul Hurst is a decent man. More than a decent man in fact. He's served our club well and continues to graft day in and day out to lead our club on the football side of things.

He's honest, hard working, and wants nothing but the best for us. The fact that we haven't had the start we would have hoped for this season is unfortunate. But the form this season over just 13 games does not make Paul Hurst a poor manager overnight. Neither does it mean that the football isn't going to come good again sometime soon.

The manner in which football supporters discuss managers is appalling and distasteful. This is a good person you are slating, with your constant unsettling speak.

And as for the comments regarding our owners, the behaviour of some of your towards them is no better. Andrew and Jason are highly professional people. They don't need to be putting out statements about their employees to appease supporters and neither should they. Frankly even public statements confirming confidence in a manager are not acceptable and not needed. I don't need to read that our owners are either satisfied or dissatisfied with Paul Hurst. The fact that they choose to employ him is good enough for me. And if there is ever a point when they sadly end his employment by their own volition, or through mutual agreement; then that would be good enough for me too. I don't need a running commentary or messages in-between any managers starting point and end point.

Football is a really weird industry. Aside from politics, I cannot think of another industry where people feel they have the right to play a part in the employment of people. I don't like it one bit.

My message is this. Keep working hard Paul Hurst, and as long as you are our manager then I am fully behind you as a supporter, because I know that you are doing everything you can for our club. Just like you always have. I have every confidence in you as the manager.

A good post. Most if not all supporters are concerned. Angry even. We want things to change. The prevalence of insulting, disrespectful and entitled outrage is ugly and unfair. I’m not happy; our league position, points total and performance levels are unsatisfactory. We should strive for better. It does need to be addressed, and quickly, but personal insults, hysterical and abusive exclamations, supposition, guess work and blithering victim mentality cobblers is really unsightly, unhelpful and unfair.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
Theimperialcoroner
October 16, 2023, 6:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from realist
With fans displeasure of the manager at the highest level for some time, our tree hugging Guardian writing leaders are unusually silent. Do they lack the will to do anything or are they studying data to give a measured response?
A vote of confidence in their manager is  normally issued in these situations.

What a pillock you are.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Spineless leaders

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.