Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,960
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from It Bites
What subs did we make ?

Tweet 1699143769184989196 will appear here...

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 110
Poojah
September 5, 2023, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,753
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from 123614

Ridiculous.  Why do you think he is injured, my guess is he is being saved for Saturday.

Indeed, it’s almost as if the three players who started tonight, who also started on Saturday and will likely start again this coming Saturday, have been rested at half time. Still, why let that get in the way of a good old bit of melodrama.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 110
dapperz fun pub
September 5, 2023, 8:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I've played and coached goal kerpers over the years and I can tell you now Cartwright needs a lot of work but to a certain degree, that's why he's with us.
He's quite slow getting down, his reaction time for a good keeper is slow and he needs to learn to read the game better.
Mansfield, goal conceded was 100% his fault due to a p!as poor touch,  to the point where he nearly did again straight afterwards!..

His GTFC stint not got off to the greatest of starts I’d agree but you don’t get called into the national set up for nothing especially when your club is hull city , Man U Man City Liverpool yeah he’s clearly got something
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 5, 2023, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor
Another Cartwright catastrophe

It was always going to be a Cartwright catastrophe or a Hunt howler, our two current scapegoats. Ever thought about supporting the whole team?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 110
gtfc_chris
September 5, 2023, 8:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

We seem to have a number of goalkeeping experts on the forum that put every keeper under a huge microscope and analyse everything they do. In a lot of cases I don't think he's in particular to blame but the goalkeeping society will find a way that it's his fault then list off everything they think he is doing wrong.

I'm wondering what the credentials are of our goalkeeping experts. I think maybe one was an apprentice at Grimsby aged 15 that couldn't make the cut in the 1960's but no idea about the rest. School team and Sunday League pub team?

I've done my goalkeeper coaching badges if that's of any value?

I can't imagine anyone sharing a view on the lad is saying it with any degree of happiness about it, he's a local young lad hoping to make it in the game, we surely all want to see him do well.

But what we want and what we see can be very different things and unfortunately for the lad at the moment he's had a difficult start. If it was Tommy Forecast then it would be open season. It will be hard for him being a young keeper with every mistake seeming to lead to a goal and this will be a fantastic learning opportunity for him in dealing with adversity and mental resilience, it'll certainly make him a better player in the long run.

Considering the critical approach some take on here with outfielders and how they can be written off after a bad game or even a bad pass, everyone has to be held to the same standard ultimately. Doesn't mean we have to be nasty or spiteful about anything but you can't just ignore errors if he's aspiring to be a first team regular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 110
September 5, 2023, 8:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

Indeed, it’s almost as if the three players who started tonight, who also started on Saturday and will likely start again this coming Saturday, have been rested at half time. Still, why let that get in the way of a good old bit of melodrama.

No drama there that I can see.

Reply: 55 - 110
cardiffmariner
September 5, 2023, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from HerveJosse

I only made the Canon Ainslie primary school team because we only had 12 boys in our year and I did score the only goal we scored that season in 13-1 defeat to South Parade but I can still recognise a good goalkeeper from a dodgy one.

Scott Partridge score all the goals for South Parade? He usually did against us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 110
forza ivano
September 5, 2023, 8:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Andrews has disappeared this half.
I can see why Hunt doesn't get a start.
Arthur has done well this 2nd half, as has Bramwell.

Cameron Gardner getting a first team debut. Well done to the young lad. Thinks he's like Bramwell -  a lad we picked up from Newcastle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 110
Poojah
September 5, 2023, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,753
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from 123614

No drama there that I can see.

Not in your post, matey, no. I was concurring with your riposte to the earlier poster (whose identity I cannot be bothered to go back and check).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 110
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 5, 2023, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
Anyway, back to the game……….

Gardner comes on to make his debut

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barnsley

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.