DB
September 5, 2023, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Near Miss when Malarkey didn't clear, should be 2-0 down

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 110
fishcake63
September 5, 2023, 8:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Feeling for him seems every error leads to a goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 110
TAGG
September 5, 2023, 8:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,952
Gold Stars: 126
It's been a very good performance by Town so far.
Barnsley getting into the game a bit after the goal but we are by far the best side first half.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
September 5, 2023, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,728
Gold Stars: 237
Regarding Cartwright I thought he is highly thought of at Hull? Those who have seen him play seem to be very critical of his general ability, besides the obvious mistakes leading to goals. Seems very odd as he was given the number 1 jersey and I expect both Cartwright and Hull expected him to be first choice.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 110
Poojah
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,598
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Needlessly gave away the throw that resulted in the chance. It's a collective issue as theres the defending to deal with the throw, but its a throw that needn't have been.

What I've noticed is he doesn't dive well. Noticed it in the penalties last week, he doesn't outstretch his arm and it stays tucked under. Pretty sure if/when you watch a replay of that first goal you'll see it.

His confidence looks shot at the minute. Completely spilled a ball that was just steadily rolling to him. Very psychological position, goalkeeper - hopefully once he learns to collect his nerves a little better he’ll come good. Early days for the lad.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 110
It Bites
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Not played to bad but Barnsley stepped it up a bit and we look vulnerable.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 110
Kris2
September 5, 2023, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Regarding Cartwright I thought he is highly thought of at Hull? Those who have seen him play seem to be very critical of his general ability, besides the obvious mistakes leading to goals. Seems very odd as he was given the number 1 jersey and I expect both Cartwright and Hull expected him to be first choice.

We seem to have a number of goalkeeping experts on the forum that put every keeper under a huge microscope and analyse everything they do. In a lot of cases I don't think he's in particular to blame but the goalkeeping society will find a way that it's his fault then list off everything they think he is doing wrong.

I'm wondering what the credentials are of our goalkeeping experts. I think maybe one was an apprentice at Grimsby aged 15 that couldn't make the cut in the 1960's but no idea about the rest. School team and Sunday League pub team?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 110
DB
September 5, 2023, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
I think we are doing okay but Cartwright, Glennon and Pyke need to up their game. A well-taken goal by Barnsley but we need a bit of composure in the last 3rd. Eisa and Andrews look good and Khouri is doing ok learning his trade.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 110
Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2023, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,489
Gold Stars: 171
Cartwright is a liability, my good good that was such an easy take, slid in and somehow knocked the ball out his box!!..
Quite enjoyed that first half but it highlights our deficiencies once again, we are bloody toothless, we get balls in the box abd nobody is there, its almost as if there some kind of force field around the 18 yard box that prevents GTFC players getting in there!..
Liking the look of Andrews, can see him doing the Cinteh role quite comfortably tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 110
Madeleymariner
September 5, 2023, 8:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Playing some good football, unlucky to be losing, Pike struggling to hold onto the ball and Cartwright needs to stop eating greasy chips with his gloves on just before kick off. Just need to get the final pass right. Still in it but wishing we had Clifton on the bench for his energy later if needed
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barnsley

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.